Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't try to emulate a popular product, food or not, with you cutesy graphics (and logo, etchings, etc ;-)

Too late now. THey thought it would fly.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
First they came for the packaging, but I did not speak out.....

That's why I said boycotted and not regulated - regulation is always a death blow

Usually they start with a reasonable request then take it too far; with vaping, they've been going for the throat from the get go

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If you look carefully at the choices the FDA made:

https://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/NewsEvents/ucm605729.htm

You will see plain as day that EVERY one of these eliquids is infringing on a food/candy manufacturers copyright trademarks or trade-dress.
Pedantically fixed that for you

And while this is almost certainly correct, I'll note that no regulatory agency is tasked with enforcing intellectual property law. If someone is violating your rights under intellectual property law, whether it be trademarks, copyright, or even a patent, it's up to you to hire lawyers and seek redress for such violations in the court system. In other words, the FDA is using this as an excuse to harass small juice makers.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any way you slice it, it's all about taking whatever power you can get away with - this then increases your budget and Fiefdom. This is an endless loop.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The few morons that are indeed marketing juice to look like candy or juice boxes should be boycotted

I have refused to buy any e-Liquids with childish Logo's. packaging or names. Even so the shit sells so shops stock it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The few morons that are indeed marketing juice to look like candy or juice boxes should be boycotted - sad that moron adults will buy it and leave it laying around for kids to get into - sucks for the responsible juice makers and buyers because they crack down on the law-abiding because they are easy targets, while the scofflaws get away with it

I totally agree with you Miss Lucy.

From Day #1 of my vaping journey, I never cared for the brands that mimicked the artwork of candy, cereal, deserts or fruit on their bottles of E-Liquid.

Like they are begging for a child to get ahold of it and end up in the hospital or even worse when these kids have "Parents" that leave their fluids where a child can get their hands on them.

Before I got into DIY, the vast majority of my E-Liquids came from Bulk E-Juice and are shipped in bottles with very plain labels with the mix ratio, percentage of nicotine, the usual warnings and the name of the flavor.

Nor do they infringe on the trademarked name of the original product.

Such as this popular candy, "Red Hots"
51YWd7OG4SL._AC_US218_.jpg

They sale that flavor as "Red Dots".

Me, I don't need fancy labels. Just the mix ratio, nic level, the mandatory warnings and the plainly printed name of the flavor.

And a Childproof Cap!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In a more civilized age scum like this would have just been publicly horsewhipped, lesson learned....unfortunately the goverment is going to use this as a way to get their foot in the door of regualting every aspect of vaping.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
In a more civilized age scum like this would have just been publicly horsewhipped, lesson learned....unfortunately the goverment is going to use this as a way to get their foot in the door of regualting every aspect of vaping.

They've already done so already - how the fuck is a drip tip a tobacco product?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They've already done so already - how the fuck is a drip tip a tobacco product?
Yeah unfortunately any product marketed as for use with vaping is a tobacco product in some people small minds.
Why non vaping dedicated things should not be labelled or marketed as for vaping.
Flavorings, wire, batteries, cotton, etc.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And a Childproof Cap!

AAARGHHHHH!!! DEATH to those fucking "child-proof" caps! They should be renamed to "middle-aged old fart with arthritis-proof" -- kids can get in 'em no problem, they don't have bad shoulders!

I have no children in my house, don't want any children in my house, and am UNLIKELY IN THE EXTREME to EVER have children in my house! I want no fucking impossible-to-open caps!!!!!!!

Andria

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah unfortunately any product marketed as for use with vaping is a tobacco product in some people small minds.
Why non vaping dedicated things should not be labelled or marketed as for vaping.
Flavorings, wire, batteries, cotton, etc.
"Contains Nicotine"

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AAARGHHHHH!!! DEATH to those fucking "child-proof" caps! They should be renamed to "middle-aged old fart with arthritis-proof" -- kids can get in 'em no problem, they don't have bad shoulders!

I have no children in my house, don't want any children in my house, and am UNLIKELY IN THE EXTREME to EVER have children in my house! I want no fucking impossible-to-open caps!!!!!!!

Andria
Those caps can be separated then its just a normal cap. Just save the caps you un-child proofed for your new bottles. If you have a hard time with childproof top then you will likely need someone else to separate the 2 parts

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wife just brings her childproof presc med bottles to me and I cut some tabs off with my coil nipper and no problems.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Those caps can be separated then its just a normal cap. Just save the caps you un-child proofed for your new bottles. If you have a hard time with childproof top then you will likely need someone else to separate the 2 parts

Well, I DIY 100% of everything I vape, so I just use my normal regular dropper bottles that I bought at amazon -- none of that childproof bullshit. But today, I was dividing up the nicotine I just got into 30ml glass bottles, and I had to get my son to open the nicotine bottle for me! With some pill bottles, I can manage, though with some pain from my right shoulder, but that cap on the nic bottle was damn determined, I WASN'T gonna get it open by myself.

Andria

VU Sponsors