• Poll closed .

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Ya'll,

We're hoping to gauge opinion on a neat little feature we'd like to offer recipe masters on VU. (psst @HeadInClouds)

Basically, the idea is to offer an option to have a small link at the bottom of recipe posts to "Craft This Recipe" or "Craft This Flavor Base." It would obviously be completely optional and up to the author.

We would only provide the link privately to the recipe author to distribute as he/she pleases. The link would not be directly accessible anywhere on our site, and would only be accessible via wherever the author decides to share it. The hope would be that it would stay on VU boards, but the author owns the right since it's his/her recipe.

For DIYers, the flavor base would be yours to dilute and add nic or additives as you like.

For DIYers with limited stock, or amateur DIYers, the recipe link would take you to an order form where you could specify your VG/PG, Nic, additives, quantity, steep, etc. and place the order for the finished juice.

I personally believe it'd be a great way to help more people try these clever recipes out, and to foster more constructive discussion around how these recipes turn out!

Looking Forward to Your Feedback,
-Robby R
CTO @ Vapecrafter.com
Customize the $#@% Out of Your e-Juice

torminous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not a recipe master, but have you considered adding a form of compensation for the recipe masters? Part of what they are doing is bringing you more business by offering an easy way to try the recipe, plus from how it sounds they would need to enter in the recipe on your site as well and keep it updated with any revisions. The idea is great as I've ran into recipes I want to try but am missing a flavor or two.

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not a recipe master, but have you considered adding a form of compensation for the recipe masters? Part of what they are doing is bringing you more business by offering an easy way to try the recipe, plus from how it sounds they would need to enter in the recipe on your site as well and keep it updated with any revisions. The idea is great as I've ran into recipes I want to try but am missing a flavor or two.
I'm glad you brought that up @torminous! We absolutely considered it. I would certainly say it's up for negotiation. However, my biggest fear is that people start copying flavors from other sites in the name of profit. I would feel aweful to see an awesome original subforum like this fall to consumerism, (hence why I wanted to ask you all first before just doing it.) But you're absolutely right, our first inclination was to profit share with the creator, provided it doesn't get out of hand as I stated above.

As for updating the recipe, we'd currently have to create a custom product page for the recipe, so we'd be the only ones who could update it on behalf of the author. Otherwise, the private link idea doesn't work all that well with our current coding setup. However, if this gets well accepted, it'd definitely be something we'd look to invest towards improving.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
We're hoping to gauge opinion on a neat little feature we'd like to offer recipe masters on VU. (psst @HeadInClouds)

I think it's a cool service to offer, and I can see it could be useful to DIYers looking to sample flavors or avoid buying flavorings or mixing for themselves. Personally, I don't get involved in commercial ventures at all. I'm all about convincing vapers they CAN do it themselves -- all learning from each other as we create, adjust to suit ourselves, and enjoy our results. Hats off to you for coming up with a useful service, and good luck to you guys!

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks HIC. Totally understand and that's very classy of you.

Edit: We're totally for DIYers mixing for themselves. It's cheaper and more fun! However as @torminous mentioned, sometimes you're just missing a flavor or two and want to try before you stock up. We started this up as a group of DIYers ourselves! Considering this is a DIY subforum, we didn't intend for this to be a way to get every juice, nor do we even recommend it.

Last edited:

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
. There is certainly no danger of using any of my shoe polish, however I could certainly understand where some may be less than comfortable with the concept. Perhaps you have a section on your site where you add some recipes and invite others to add theirs with the links to the flavors. I personally enjoy the give and take and personal learning that a place like this brings more than a do this then this type of thing.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have only one thing to say: "No Soup for you!!"

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
. There is certainly no danger of using any of my shoe polish, however I could certainly understand where some may be less than comfortable with the concept. Perhaps you have a section on your site where you add some recipes and invite others to add theirs with the links to the flavors. I personally enjoy the give and take and personal learning that a place like this brings more than a do this then this type of thing.
That makes sense. Appreciate the feedback.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Now, if I understand right, any person could pay Vapecraft to make any recipe from anywhere -- right?
So it's actually irrelevant whether or not the recipe author has even heard of Vapecraft.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Saw vapecraft had a similar question over on one of the monthly recipe threads on reddit. Don't know what came of it. Ok I'm.gonna recuse myself from this pending train wreck and go ask a saline question now as momma always told to mind my damn business. Bout time I listened!

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now, if I understand right, any person could pay Vapecraft to make any recipe from anywhere -- right?
So it's actually irrelevant whether or not the recipe author has even heard of Vapecraft.
Well you have to input the information into the order form. Why spend the time to put in like 8 different flavors with percentages that you copied off of a post when you can just click a link and carry forward from there. Purely a convenience thing.

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Saw vapecraft had a similar question over on one of the monthly recipe threads on reddit. Don't know what came of it. Ok I'm.gonna recuse myself from this pending train wreck and go ask a saline question now as momma always told to mind my damn business. Bout time I listened!
Haha, this post is a train wreck. As you pointed out, the cool part about these posts are the back and forth on a recipe with ideas and questions, not necessarily the recipe itself. The forum has spoken, and the message was well received. This is a bad idea.

The question you're referring to was to http://www.e-liquid-recipes.com/ and it was actually proposed to us by a reddit user. We never heard back from Lars regarding that, so I think it's safe to say he wasn't interested either.

Also, I'm glad you took the time to not mind your own damn business. We posted this to hear what the community had to say, and your responses probably said what lots of other people were thinking. Your momma's wrong in this case! =)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors