Become a Patron!

FDA warns more companies to stop misleading kids with e-liquids that resemble kid-friendly foods

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
FDA warns more companies to stop misleading kids with e-liquids that resemble kid-friendly foods as part of Youth Tobacco Prevention Plan

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm607327.htm

They added three more to the no - sale shit list.
But once again they are all infringing on other food, candy, or cartoon imaging

https://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/NewsEvents/ucm605729.htm

"Kid-Friendly Food"? What is that?
Broccoli could be considered "Kid-Friendly" (my parents gave it to me all the time)

My main concern is FDA is asking for an inch but will end up taking a mile and start saying shit like:

"The word, taste, and, smell "Strawberry" is "Kid-Friendly" so no eliquid can contain the word, smell, or taste "Strawberry"

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'd be better off with a single "FDA Horsehit" thread, and then just continue to edit item #1 with an ordered-list of FDA fuckups. Then you'd have the entire 'discussion' in one place for posterity and comments between them.

It is all, of course, just horseshit - they'll do whatever they want - and get away with it. Meanwhile, idiots spend and earn on this gateway-item, and all it does is expand the FDA powerbase while cutting away at peoples rights to be left the fuck alone.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm debating to start a "E-liquid Manufacturers To NEVER Buy From" thread.

Finally (thanks to FDA:facepalm:) I know the names of the companies who sell this bullshit AND I know the real Names of the OWNERS of these bullshit eliquid companies.

These people DO NOT deserve to be in business if they can't put out a product without being so fucking stupid to not only copy a flavor but copy the fucking box that the food / candy comes in.

Someone who is selling this shit under shell company names / not their main company's name while out the other side of their mouths say they don't market to children deserves to be called out on it.

In 2015 FDA's Mitch Zeller got a bunch of Advocates, Manufacturers, and Vape Shop owners together in a room and told them to either clean up the kiddie labels / packaging or they aren't going to like the way FDA does it for them.

NOBODY in Eliquid manufacturing did a damn thing to change, in fact they got much worse since then.

They were complaining about Lost Art eliquid bottles then!!!!

So many eliquids are way worse the Lost Art when it comes to "Kid Friendly" images.

So if lost art eliquid labels are the low bar that would mean close to 50% of all eliquids on the market will fall much below that low bar. - 5150

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happily, doesn't matter to me either way - and I am overly used to stupid people, buying or selling.

Not even thrilled with "advocacy groups", which are just lobbyists looking for their own pig-trough. <shrug>

It's a mess, and what will happen is folks finger-pointing and hollering so that "someone else" is faulted, punished, taxed, prosecuted, persecuted, imprisoned.. Usually to the tune of "save the children!".

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm all for these labels....

hErJoom.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm all for these labels....

hErJoom.jpg

Gotta have "name" brands, though... TPA/TFA, Capella, Inawera. I like the Inawera labels because they're in Polish... "Yes, "aromat" means "room spray" in Polish!" :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors