Become a Patron!

Favorite rda

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I have only 3 rdas. The Kennedy which blows a great deal of vapor but seems to lack in flavor. The Cosmonaut is my favorite but they stopped making it. And the Layercake which is great for flavor. But leaks slightly. Its basically the Cosmonaut 2. Its by District 5fve. Im thinking about getting a new rda but havnt made a decision. I thought about the LIT by Vandy Vape but the reviews say the peek insulators melt. Name a good dual coil rda with great flavor u like and why. And is it readily available?

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have only 3 rdas. The Kennedy which blows a great deal of vapor but seems to lack in flavor. The Cosmonaut is my favorite but they stopped making it. And the Layercake which is great for flavor. But leaks slightly. Its basically the Cosmonaut 2. Its by District 5fve. Im thinking about getting a new rda but havnt made a decision. I thought about the LIT by Vandy Vape but the reviews say the peek insulators melt. Name a good dual coil rda with great flavor u like and why. And is it readily available?

How about the Lying Troll?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no RDA called the lying troll that I’m aware of. I think he’s calling you a lying troll for talking shit about the layer cake.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Goon 1.5 clone

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ephraim as was mentioned on the other forum you frequent if you’re not getting great flavor from the Kennedy then it’s your build or placement not the RDA.

I have 2 with one always in my daily rotation because the flavor is so good.

Ss316l single round wire spaced at .6 ohms at 35 watts or tc at 420F

Asbestos

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My current favorite is the Le Supersonic. The only con I have with it is trying to convince myself it's not made in France.

As for the Kennedy, well, attys like that are build dependant. If you're not willing to try different builds, you can't blame the atty. Well, I guess you can, but most vapers will see right through the complaints.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Of the rdas I own, the Digiflavor Aura is my favorite so far. I've heard people say it lacks flavor but if you bring the coils out fairly close to the barrel and place them where the air from the side hits directly in the center of the coil, it has great flavor. I use ss316 quad core fused claptons from Advanced Vape Supply at 75 watts and I love it. I run the bottom air wide open and the side about halfway.

My only con is I'm a messy bastard and overdrip quite regularly so I'm constantly having to wipe juice. :) NOT the fault of the atty!

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years
I have the Layercake, mine doesn't leak at all, and it has great flavor and vape production. I also own the Aequitas from Hellvape, and its great IMO, it also does not leak and has great production. The Mutation X V4 is good, but it leaks like a siv. thats all I can recommend though for now.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
My 2 favs up to this point are:
Voopoo Rune - Amazing flavor! Dripping on it is touchy since it's a bottom airflow similar to the kenedy. But it has a great top cap that comes off of the barrel easily. It really only shines when installed with coils that are pretty compact. The air holes are pretty narrow.
Vandyvape LIT - Good all around. Not the beast at anything but no matter your vape style it will handle it well (excluding mtl). HUGE juice capacity. Decent amount of room for larger builds. 2 airfow options, both of which are adjustable. Wide open is TONS of air and you can close it off to almost nothing. Dripping is easy. The clamp has a nice divot on either side to direct the juice towards the coils. And if you drip to hard on one side the squonk hole at the bottom feeds both sides so it will even out over time. Haven't tried to sqonk on it yet.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
My 2 favs up to this point are:
Voopoo Rune - Amazing flavor! Dripping on it is touchy since it's a bottom airflow similar to the kenedy. But it has a great top cap that comes off of the barrel easily. It really only shines when installed with coils that are pretty compact. The air holes are pretty narrow.
Vandyvape LIT - Good all around. Not the beast at anything but no matter your vape style it will handle it well (excluding mtl). HUGE juice capacity. Decent amount of room for larger builds. 2 airfow options, both of which are adjustable. Wide open is TONS of air and you can close it off to almost nothing. Dripping is easy. The clamp has a nice divot on either side to direct the juice towards the coils. And if you drip to hard on one side the squonk hole at the bottom feeds both sides so it will even out over time. Haven't tried to sqonk on it yet.

I have a 8 rda's. Well, 6 if you want to get technical about it. 1 is an rdta and one is an rta. 2 24mm Goons (original). 1 brass and 1 copper. 1 Vandy Vape Icon. 1 Armageddon Gen 2. 1 Digiflavor Drop. 1 Hellvape Dead Rabbit. 1 IJoy Combo rdta. And 1 Vaporized Nomads Pangaea rta.

Out of all of those I love my Goons but the Drop and the Dead Rabbit stand out. The Dead Rabbit having the edge in the end.

I have 9 mods so far. 6 mechs, 2 regulated and 1 pod but I'm thinking that would a bit off topic and I'm not trying to write a book.

Wire and builds however. Ni80 and SS316 without question. Mainly clapton and a little bit of round wire. I really like staged heating coils. Single tube dual coil builds @ .09-.12 ohms and series stacks @ .25-.3 ohms. Just my preference. I am by no means suggesting that anyone build that low.

Dead Rabbit for single tube dual coil build is great. Same for squonking. Over squonk a Dead Rabbit and something is bad wrong.

I use the Icon for series builds primarily.

mhask68

Member For 1 Year
I have the peerless aluminum, peerless special edition and Goon V2. My peerless attys don’t leak, will take everything you throw at them. Airflow isn’t bad but could be easier to adjust. Excellent t amount of flavor and production. The Goon has better flavor and amazing production but is truly only a drip atty. you over fill it accidentally, instead of re saturating the cotton by sight ? Be prepared to have juice everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors