Become a Patron!

Favorite coil for chasing clouds?

Currently running with a dual vertical coil build in my 454 Big Block.
Oaowztr.jpg

3FVfGqg.jpg

Twisted 26g Kanthal A1, Ohms out at .24 and seems to be working quite nicely! My first build on the 454 was a quad dragon coil sleeper with 22g Kanthal A1 Ohmed out at .09 (build is a little messy, was my first attempt at a quad coil, and my 3rd build overall)
UzPctw8.jpg

n1qIRgs.jpg

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5-7 wraps of 20 gauge Kanthal or Nichrome dual coil on my Doge v4. If I'm using something with smaller post holes like the Doge v1 then I do the same wraps and the same 20 gauge but I make it a sleeper coil (two coils with one wire).

rich204

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to have a Cryptex RDA a while back. You can easily chain vape a .2-.3ohm build and maintain a surprisingly cool vape where most others would just be too hot to keep going with ;)

k49v1s.jpg
What gauge of wire do you use for chain vaping. Wraps and drill bit size please.

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4 strand twisted 26ga kanthal, rayon wix. It doesn't even get warm til 100w. Cloooooooouuuuuuuds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 116
What is your favorite coil and setup for producing your biggest clouds?

For me, I'm doing quite well with dual 22awg NiChrome macro coils around .2-.3ohm in a Tugboat and 24awg in my Stillare but I'm interested to hear others' experiences. My only problem is that the entire RDA heats up and retains the heat too much to chain vape on it.

I've played around with a few builds, still kinda new to vaping, but my personal favorite as far as flavor and vapor production is 22g kanthal, parallel 4 wraps each making a total of 8 wraps. Checking in at .16 ohms. Combined with the doge v2 RDA and true cloud box mod, heats up super quick at 50w and since its unregulated it can be risky for your batteries so if you feel your mod getting warm I suggest swapping out your batteries to let them cool down, but it produces the thickest and most flavorful of clouds... Not so much a great "chain vape" but if you want nice thick, warm, flavorful clouds on demand it's my go to build. You get about 3-5 pulls off of it, even with about 15 drops of juice. It definitely guzzles juice, but in return gives amazing clouds and flavor. If it's a chain vape your looking for, but still want good flavor and vapor production, I suggest 24g kathal dual macro sleeper. I have this built in my mutation rda, sitting on the ipv 3 at 70w. Checking in at .27 ohms. Great vapor and flavor ( not as good at the 22g single parallel) but is better for chain vaping, I average about 13 pulls before redripping

The weekender...
Dual coil, nich80, 7 wraps, 20g, 3mm id @ .11 ohm
and a butt load of watts.

View attachment 15912
Yeah man, I like me some nichrome 80 as well. I get down with g-plat 24-22G also. been using nothing but g-plat for a few months (got hooked up with a bunch, figured I might as well go nuts with it). I've been meaning to do some nichrome 80 builds again, ran out of my 22G though.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought that new Kanger 2 coil tank. 17.00 & 5.00 shipping is good with me. They say it's a cloud thing. Knowing Kanger, that just might be right. Love the new coil platforms, easy to build.

One of my favorite builds for clouds and flavor, especially when out and about is triple twisted 28gauge kanthal 5 wraps around 2.4 mm dual micro in a silverplay. I run it at around 90-100 watts. No dry hits and warm dense Vape.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally, for daily chasing, I run 21g kanthal, four wraps spaced out, at .14 ohms, in my Dark Horse. I used to do three wraps of 22g in my Doge for over a month, and moved to 21g when I ran out. I only switched to 21g because that's all my local shop had in stock in a 30' spool.

Unless I enter a cloud comp, I probably won't hit .2 ohms again. Definitely going to start working on some higher resistance builds soon, to get into some comps, once I had some better atomisers, and get my builds perfected.

Just found my sweet spot. 26 gauge, 5 wraps on a 5/32 drill bit with a Plume veil clone. Comes in at .2 ohms. Great flavor and decent clouds. Just the right amount of heat too.

so, you want clouds? Get your hands on a 100 watt box mod, an RDA with hellacious airflow. And twist two pieces of 28g together with a drill, when you're done. Fold that shit in half and do it again. You want it tight, but not too tight. Wrap that shit 6 times macro. Look at your ohm reader and see a measly .2 ohms, then turn your box up to 85 watts and let the heat sinking effect of your coil do its thing. Take long hits, short hits. It don't matter because what you got your hands on is the best cloud chasing coil in existence, the devil braid.

Currently rockin a dual 24g 6 wrap parallel on my Velocity clone on a tesla 2. The ultimate budget cloud build lol. Total cost of like 50 bucks but I'll probably end up getting a 150w regulated to be safe.
I just revisited this build but as a sleeper and I forgot how much it chucks.

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so, you want clouds? Get your hands on a 100 watt box mod, an RDA with hellacious airflow. And twist two pieces of 28g together with a drill, when you're done. Fold that shit in half and do it again. You want it tight, but not too tight. Wrap that shit 6 times macro. Look at your ohm reader and see a measly .2 ohms, then turn your box up to 85 watts and let the heat sinking effect of your coil do its thing. Take long hits, short hits. It don't matter because what you got your hands on is the best cloud chasing coil in existence, the devil braid.
Pics or it didn't happen haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best one I've ever built was quad verts, 24 awg. 5 micro wraps. Ohm'd out to .12 if I recall. That thing would throooooooooow on a Doge V1.

Anyone rocking Triple parallels? I am! Have 26g triple parallels in my mutation, sitting at a .05 ohm it's a super sub. Don't recommend, but since my favorite build is 26g or 24g dual parallels, usually at a .11 ohm, I had to give her a try ;) Just short bumps to get her hot enough to blow huge clouds, like I said, just to see how it works, not to use regularly or in a normal vaping manner. I also like to build my own 26g/30g dual parallel claptons, they take a sec to heat up but chuff like a champ!!1443287504029-1157977969.jpg 1443287610272-439345708.jpg

What is your favorite coil and setup for producing your biggest clouds?

For me, I'm doing quite well with dual 22awg NiChrome macro coils around .2-.3ohm in a Tugboat and 24awg in my Stillare but I'm interested to hear others' experiences. My only problem is that the entire RDA heats up and retains the heat too much to chain vape on it.

Arizona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My fave set up to date is a dual coil on a 3mm bit, ohming out at .20 (4/5 I believe it was). I run that in a Troll with a chuff cap, wide open, on my Vmesh X1. It'll cloud up a room in no time. Flavor lacks, of course.

Arizona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got a new fave build... Twisted 24ga Kanthal, duals. Ohmed out at .15 on the reader. Got in in the Troll currently sitting on top of the Vmesh X1. Holy mutha of mercy.

My 5th cloud comp is tonight I normally run a turbo bulid using 22 ga anarchist 4mm 8/7 wrap and 24 ga anarchist 6/7 wrap ohms out at about .19-.17 on a series box with the centrion rda by cloud chasers inc with the copper center post this bulid usally hits about 10 10 1/2 foot clouds I switched it up now tho I am running twisted 20 gauge kanthal with 24 ga anarchist at .15 making the batteries scream this bulid when I was practicing allowed for a warmer dense vape and about 11 foot cloud

kickboxerwalker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i went ahead and built the Devil's Braid coil using 30g Kanthal, dual coil, 5 wraps, 2.5mm ID in the Royal Hunter RBA firing on the Sigelei 150w. came out to .31ohms. this thing vapes like a champ at 60+ watts. i like it around 70-80. i will try to post some pics.

kickboxerwalker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
here are the pics of the devils braid

Attachments

• 2015-12-31.png
    2015-12-31.png
    695.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    690.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    612.1 KB · Views: 115

kickboxerwalker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i tried a couple variations on the Devils Braid. i found that, for me, its best with 28g dual 6 wraps on 2mm id. comes out to .2ohms. vaping at 80w. produces great flavor and nice dense clouds out to about 8 feet+.

MonsterClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for the people with regulated box mods, what are you using for your cloud build? im pretty new to vaping and I heard that with regulated box mods its more so about surface area than ohms. is this correct?

kickboxerwalker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that is true. with mech mods and other unregulated devices, the battery is providing a constant voltage. the resistance of the coil will determine the amperage through the circuit and therefore the watts. example, lets say the battery produces 5 volts and you build a 2 ohm resistor. ohms law says that V/R=A and VxA=W so 5/2=2.5 amps and 5x2.5=12.5 watts.
however, regulated mods automatically adjust the current and voltage applied to the coil to keep it consistant. so if you set it to 50W, wether you have a 2 ohm build or a 0.2 ohm build, it will always be 50 watts. now that doesnt mean that the resistance is pointless because the mod adjusts the voltage and amperage based on the resistance of the coil. so the trick is to build a coil that balances the most surface area with the optimum resistance to produce your preferred level of vapor, flavor and temperature.
gets confusing huh? i havent been doing it for very long either and there is always more to learn. my advice is to speak with the other members, read about there experiences, and most importantly, build and test all kinds of coils and wicks to find the ones that work best for you. start simple and expand on it. do a few basic coils with 24-34 guage wire, then maybe do some parrallel coils, twisted coils, claptons, sleepers, ect. just have fun, safely, and enjoy it.

MonsterClouds, I try to restrict myself to Kanthal because that's what my local shops allow in their cloud competitions and I haven't gotten around to exploring with anything else yet. But I am currently running 2 dual parallel coils with 24 gauge on a 2mm, .1 ohms. I'm running that on my Koopor Plus and Doge tank. it's making me pretty happy right now.

Are you using one or two coils? and I just made some 8 wrap dual 24ga. parallel 2 coils. its sitting at .1 ohms and its pretty great

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
26n80/ 4x twisted 32k dual coil forgot how many wraps .3ohm in 13 heavens 9 hells rda on noisy cricket.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

This is what I currently have. 20g Anarchist wire, 6 wrap 3mm id. My meter shows .08 ohm. Ignore the janky coil in the back. I went in and fixed it after I took the picture. 12650862_10153766127184471_2218524688899740364_n.jpg

Right I'm using a reuleaux with a mad hatter rda what would be the best cool set up for chasing clouds on this set up pics would help fairly new to this thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I have a noisy cricket has 3 posts what's better in cloud chasing new to it and what are the coils called cheers pal

Currently Rocking dual 24NI80/32K Clapton Parallels 5/6 wrap in my Fat Buddha on my Rx200. Ohms out at .11 and easily takes 200W but i like to keep it around 125W

I'm Running a fused Clapton ( 2 28g center 32g outer) on my temple. 11 wraps per coil dual coil setup. Ohms out at 0.33 and its got some pretty good clouds.

Smowgli

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
maybe a stupid question, but what the hell is a "sleeper" build? :D

VU Sponsors