Become a Patron!

Fasttech DNA clone lighter , less robust than Clouper?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know for sure ?

Thanks

I received the first version of the "Cana" Clouper DNA 30 about a month ago. I can tell you the first release had problems! Recently my FT DNA 30 arrived. I was very impressed with the quality of the unit! I ordered the orange SKU: 1740400 (no seam along the drip well) and the anodized finish is beautiful. Much more durable than the Clouper. (that I already had to J-Wrap because of scratches.) IMO the FT (Hotcig) version is superior when it comes to fit and finish. Also, all the improvements have all been made... Adjustable 510 center pin... Hole next to USB to see charge indicator status... Also, the multi-click issue to wake the thing up from sleep has been resolved. The FT unit comes with a purple 2500 mAh, 35 amp Efest battery. That's the icing on the cake! Other than the price difference! :D The aluminum boxes are identical in quality as far as being "robust." Identical in size, weight etc... Although durability of the exterior finish definitely goes to the FT Hana Clone! Hope this helps!!!:rolleyes:

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Helps me. Still deciding on diy or buy the ready to go. Would you mind posting a pic of your orange? I'm considering orange or red. My truck is a dark coppery burned orange (dodge sunburst orange, if your familiar with it). Considering that for my mobile vape. :D

jem2.jpg

jem1.jpg

@ Savage_46 Pretty much a metallic burnt orange I guess... Put the copper APO topper on so you gauge the coppery look to it...LOL

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the pic & comparison. Lighter than my orange, so I donno. Still torn on it.

I just got me a red one. Must say the quality is awesome. Same purple 35a battery and so far vapes like a beast. We will see how it does over time.

VU Sponsors