Become a Patron!

Fastest cost effective Fasttech shipping option???

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What is the fastest shipping method with Fasttech to the US that still keeps it cost effective to even order from them???

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh good question. I have always wondered this myself. But I don't have an answer. I just use the free shiping.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
China Post with ePacket gets to me the quickest for the least amount of money...now, if you order something that says "in stock" or "ships next day" you'll likely see it ship and get to you fairly quickly....usually 7 to 14 days to me in MI....if it says "ships in X days", expect a "restocking" status to appear just before the original scheduled ship date and a longer wait for it to be "restocked" and get shipped out...this seems to happen quite a bit there and is the reason I wont order anything that doesnt have a "in stock" or "ships next day" status...

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So is the USPS option not good for in stock ship next day items??

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have had it go both ways, With the first release of the Kayfun a long time ago it would say ship's in X days and they would just keep restarting it....
Thats the only time I have had it and they have shipped out a day or two earlier then projected on a couple occasions. The first 8-10 orders over a year ago I used HK Post and it was super fast, Then everyone started using them and with the regulations they had at one point it was a month plus wait. So I ordered 3 Helios RDA's and used a diff. shipping method for all 3 and the E-Packet got here a lot quicker so since then I use USPS E-Packet. I don't order batteries from them so I can't offer advice on that. Hope it helps a little.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ePacket is a Chinese term for a little old monk delivering your package by pack mule to an old wooden boat with a rubber band powered engine (slow boat from China) that crosses the Pacific and drops it off at US Customs...lol...j/k ;)

Delta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always go with the HKpost, takes a lil less than two weeks from the time they ship it. I've only tried the Singpost a few times but it took forever. I'm sure USPS is good for "in stock" or restocking items, but keep em in separate orders so you can at least get some of ur stuff shipped early(unless ur not in a hurry)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So is the USPS option not good for in stock ship next day items??
Although there are plenty of horror stories - real, as well as the rantings of impatient people... I've personally never had a problem with FT orders, save for the relatively minor exception delays noted below, where I "experimented" with shipping options.
I always order items that are in stock, totals over $100 and (now) always via USPS/e-packet via China Post. Like Spike64... packages always arrive in about 10 days, with one arriving in seven.

I have a (well over $20) order in process right now. No shipping upgrades. I ordered it yesterday - I received an e-mail this AM with a photo of the labeled package (padded & heavily taped envelope), along with a "USPS/e-Packet via China Post" tracking number.
As you might imagine, being the weekend, the package is sitting on a table somewhere, with a thousand other packages... waiting for pick-up.
If I can remember
rolleyes2.gif
... I'll post here every time there's an update, as well as the condition of the package when it arrives.

A Registered Airmail via China Post order took 22 days. A order via USPS First-Class via Hong Kong Post took 35 days and a order via USPS First-Class took 17 days. (yes... I am OC, and keep detailed records)

What is e-Packet? I have this neat thing called Google... it sure is handy. USPS ePacket

Cheers!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So it sounds like ePacket / e-Express Services and HK Post are the best options. Any difference in the two???

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So it sounds like ePacket / e-Express Services and HK Post are the best options. Any difference in the two???

ePacket / e-Express Services is really the fastest of the two. Sometimes by a couple of days to a week. really the biggest bitch is how long customs may hold it. from 2 days to 2 weeks, depending on where it landed...
New York is normally 2 days, San Fran, I have never had them released one of mine in less than a week and normally 10 to 14 days... Not sure why San Fran sucks but I always love it when New York gets my packages...

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ePacket / e-Express Services is really the fastest of the two. Sometimes by a couple of days to a week. really the biggest bitch is how long customs may hold it. from 2 days to 2 weeks, depending on where it landed...
New York is normally 2 days, San Fran, I have never had them released one of mine in less than a week and normally 10 to 14 days... Not sure why San Fran sucks but I always love it when New York gets my packages...

Hmm I have heard that people on the east coast tend to get FT orders quicker.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually put big orders in so I'm good to go for a couple months without worry. Because of this, I'm rarely in a rush for it & go for free shipping. My last few orders have started with singpost & switch to usps after clearing customs. No problems with either one yet. However singpost tracking is completely non existent. Every time I enter my #, I get the same "experiencing difficulty" message

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm only ordering some small stuff like drip tips and KFL colored tanks. Not in a major hurry but don't wanna wait months. LOL I still refuse to order anything like mods or rebuildables from them because there is no guarantee on who the maker is.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm only ordering some small stuff like drip tips and KFL colored tanks. Not in a major hurry but don't wanna wait months. LOL I still refuse to order anything like mods or rebuildables from them because there is no guarantee on who the maker is.
Actually, if you read the FT reviews and do some research, watch some video reviews of what you're interested in... you can pretty much figure out who the maker is.
For example, the most expensive Tree of Life mech is made by Infinite. The cheaper one, the ones without "USA" on the button, are made by Hcigar. The tip off is the "USA" and the cut shape in the top cap and lock ring... they're different, and the Infinite is a match for the original.
The best Akuma (2 versions - with and without the wood box) is from Acerig and the cheaper one is made by Joyelifee.
Admittedly, I don't know who makes them all... because I don't invest much time into those I'm not interested in. With newly introduced items, it can be hard to tell, so what I do is wait to see what other versions come out on a base device listing - sometimes the best one comes out first, and sometimes it may be 3-4 weeks later.
As a general rule, if you're not sure, the most expensive that is also listed as "1:1"... is in all likelihood, pretty good. If there's only one listing... wait 3-4 weeks to see what else turns up, then do your research.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well off to a good started. Ordered yesterday afternoon and got shipping notice this morning.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hcigar and Infinite are sellers-not manufacturers. Sometimes they will modify a design and have it produced for them but essentially what they do is quality control. Not always successfully. AFAIK neither will directly do business with FT although the factories that actually produce the goods might.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As mentioned in post #10... I have a FT order in process and would post tracking info. Here's the latest:
  • July 22, 2014 , 8:56 am Processed Through Sort Facility Shenzhen China.
  • July 25, 2014 , 1:03 pm Processed through USPS Sort Facility Los Angeles CA.
(Your item was processed and left our LOS ANGELES, CA 90009 facility on July 25, 2014 at 1:03 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.)

So...ordered the evening of the 21st, shipped on the 22nd, arrives in LA on the 25th... and is in route to WA. now.
It will probably be out for delivery on the 28th... hell, maybe even tomorrow. Not to shabby. :)

kuma

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I put in an order and it shipped on the 19th. Hasnt gotten to the states yet. It was two Turtle Ship v3s

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So the final outcome, via USPS/e-packet via China Post is...

Order placed the evening of Friday, July 19th...
July 22, 2014 , 8:56 am - processed through sort facility - Shenzhen China, to...
July 28, 2014 , 8:26 am - Sorting Complete - Out for Delivery - Washington State

End of the line... I just hope the envelope hasn't been stepped on too many times. ;)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Order place July 20th. I am still in limbo at

July 23, 2014 , 9:52 am Processed Through Sort Facility SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Order place July 20th. I am still in limbo at

July 23, 2014 , 9:52 am Processed Through Sort Facility SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

Still no movement. I was beginning to think that they would redeem themselves and change my opinion. But as it stands they are still Slowtech.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still no movement. I was beginning to think that they would redeem themselves and change my opinion. But as it stands they are still Slowtech.
What did you order... any juice, batteries or other scary thing - that Chinese customs might get a hard on over?

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Huh
Drip tips and colored Kayfun tanks. That is why I don't understand they delay.

Tap'd from my LG G2
Huh... nothing radioactive, viral or explosive, so just a fuk'd up mess on general principal.

Over $20 USD I assume. Shipped e-packet or USPS... and not the slower registered or regular air?

Bummer... hope the order finds it's way back to the world of the living.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Huh

Huh... nothing radioactive, viral or explosive, so just a fuk'd up mess on general principal.

Over $20 USD I assume. Shipped e-packet or USPS... and not the slower registered or regular air?

Bummer... hope the order finds it's way back to the world of the living.

I went with what everyone said was the quickest. The Honk Kong Post e-packet whatever the hell it is. And my order was over $20.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Kind of off subject here but , about a year ago I placed my only order with Fast Tech . It must have gone by goat , then pack mule on to
some guys friggin raft . Got it some 22 + days later . I told myself not to complain because , if you want to pay a dirt cheap price , just shut up .
Now I pay a couple bucks more to get it sooner , from someone else . My 2 cents .

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Slowly but surely

July 29, 2014 , 3:45 pm Arrived at USPS Facility JAMAICA, NY 11430

kuma

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got my 2 Turtleships in yesterday. ordered on the 14th

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my package today. Total of 11 days. I guess i can live with that.

kuma

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not bad at all

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We'll I just put in an order at fasttech using the epacket via china post. The wait time on the longest product was next day. So we will see how long this will actually take.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Received vape mail yesterday from fasttech. Fastest delivery from them so far. 11 days total, order to arrival. Wow

What is the fastest shipping method with Fasttech to the US that still keeps it cost effective to even order from them???
best how to ive found...How to: Buying from fasttech.com

Before I begin we should start by explaining what fasttech even does. Fasttech is a china direct supplier that sells electronics straight from the source (which means cheap) no middle man so no having to pay for somebody’s salary or the space it takes up sitting in a warehouse which means cheap. But direct doesn’t mean reliable and because you are not paying for a middle man to order for you. You are left fending for yourself without a clear path to follow. So that’s where I step in I’ve ordered several hundred items from fasttech (mostly e-cigs and battery’s) and this is what I’ve found to be the do’s and don’ts of ordering from fasttech.

First off realize that you are not a company ordering stock so your order is relatively small compared to most so you will not be priority.

It’s been my experience that orders over 25 dollars tends to be more reliable and become more reliable the more you spend.

Try not to order small things like drip tips unless in bulk because they tend to get lost or in some cases don’t even get sent. (if they make do make the journey expect to wait anywhere from 14-70 days depending on location)(average to U.S. about 14 days)

The best time to order is mid-summer through mid-fall (April 1st-September 30th).

Make sure that the items you are ordering are in stock or at least have an x-amount of days till available. For some reason it is possible to order out of stock items and one “bad egg” can ruin the “dozen”. Sometimes it means you wait longer sometimes it means your order gets scrapped.

Don’t rely on refunds…. I’ve never had an item refunded by fasttech and even when I tried my hardest I didn’t get anywhere. (Almost nonexistent costumer service)

Don’t use credit or debit go through pay-pal instead or use a gift card through pay-pal (even safer)

Don’t buy batteries (unless you don’t mind waiting 30-180 days) and definitely don’t buy e-juice. Im a shop vape shop owner and I can tell you there juice isn’t what I would vape nor is it close to quality.

When it comes to shipping and handling, don’t be cheap pay for hard boxes it makes your item safer.

Okay now shipping’s a big issue when it comes to fasttech, there are two choices (honestly) Hong Kong post/Singapore post, or Swiss post (personally the one I go with because I haven’t lost an order to them). I have lost two 100+ dollar orders through Hong Kong post but that doesn’t mean they’re bad because they tend to be a little quicker. But for the extra dollar I spend plus the extra week I wait using Swiss post is worth knowing ill at least get my package, although both can be painfully slow.

Don’t think that because you have a tracking number means you’ll be able to track just be patient and if the package doesn’t arrive within 60 days wait a couple more days.

Now that you have an idea of what you’re up against enjoy getting huge bargains and good luck shopping on fasttech.com

VU Sponsors