Become a Patron!

Famovape magma review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received magma mod from Famovape for the purpose of this review.

Famovape magma colors:

- Super hero
- Snow white
- Jeans 501
- Shadow
- Lava
- Arcanum
- Allure
- Wine leather
- Wood art
- Grey fabric
- Starry night
- Dynasty
- Fruit punch

Z2Nye6b.jpg

Specification and features:

- Dimension: 87*48.5*25mm
- Material: Zinc Alloy
- Display: 0.96 inch TFT color screen
- Power range: 5-200W
- Temperature range: 100c-30c/200f-570f
- Input Voltage: 6.4V-8.4V
- Output Voltage: 1.0V-7.5V
- Max output current: 40A
- Battery Capacity: Dual 18650
- Power Mode POWER/SS/NI/TI
- Minimum Resistance: 0.08 ohms
- Atimizer resistance range: 0.08-3.0
- Supported Wire materials: Nichrome/ss/ni200/Ti
- USB charge: DC 5V/2A

In the box:

- Magma Box Mod
- USB Cable
- Warranty Card and User Manual

XGeIDMS.jpg

Magma mod is powered by two 18650 batteries and this mod works up to 200w. Dimensions of the mod are 87mm x48.5mm x 25mm and design of the mod is very nice in my opinion, as you probably know I really like mods with similar look, but this one is I can say the smallest dual battery mod with design that I like. Mod comes in black color with so many different panels, panel options are really good and people will be able to choose from many options. Build quality of the mod is very good, everything is as it should be and when you hold the mod you can feel the quality. On the panel from one side you can see "Magma" and from the bottom of the mod you can see "Designed by Famovape".
Edges on the mod are not sharp which is very important and because of the edges and size this mod is very comfortable for using.

oi7ZEWQ.jpg

ffIEUe9.jpg

So, from the top of the mod you can see the connection that is screwed from the top and threads here are very good, I didn't have any problems with atomizers here, also here we have spring loaded 510 pin. Connection is a little bit raised which is good becasue the top part of the mod will not be scratched from atomizers. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 25mm in diameter without overhang.

You can take off one of the panels and under the panel you can see the battery department. On the bottom of the panel you can see a slot so you can take it off easier. Panel stays in place because of two magnets and magnets are very strong. Panel stays perfectly in place and there is no any play here which is really nice. When you take off the panel you can see engraved battery orientation. You can very easy put the batteries in the mod and you can pretty much easy take the batteries out.

hEwR9aY.jpg

qjaZ0GR.jpg

DS9DQnw.jpg

TgXVslk.jpg

From the front side of the mod you can see the fire button, plus and minus buttons, screen and usb port.
On this device you can use the usb port for battery charging because this device supports balance charging, but as always I suggest you to charge your batteries in external charger.
The fire button and plus and minus buttons are protruding and buttons are very clicky. The fire button works very good, I din't have any problems with the fire button and there is no miss fires.
The screen on the device is color screen, size of the screen is 0.96 inch and I like the screen. Brightness of the screen is good and you can see everything very nice on the screen.

You can turn the device on by pressing 5 times on the fire button and you need to do the same to turn it off.
When you turn on the mod in power mode on the screen you can see:

- Famovape
- W
- Puff time
- Puff count
- Volt
- Coil
- Dual battery indicator

9qfa46I.jpg

When you click 3 times on the fire button you will enter the menu and in the menu you can see:

- W
- Ni
- Ti
- Ss
- Bypass
- Color
- Clean puff

If you choose "color" you can see color options, blue, red, yellow and green, in my opinion this is a very nice option.
When you press the fire button and plus button you can lock the buttons, you need to do the same to unlock the buttons. When buttons are locked you can't change the wattage but you still can use the fire button.

How this mod works and my thoughts:

Magma mod is in my opinion very well designed mod, personally I really like the design of the mod. You can buy this mod in black color with very nice panels which is really good. Build quality of the mod is great, there is nothing bad about quality, it is very nice that there is no any play with battery door and many will like that. I like that connection is a little bit raised because that way you will not scratch the top of the mod with atomizer but still there is no any visible gap between mod and atomizer. Mod is very comfortable for using, edges on the mod are not sharp which is very nice. The fire button and plus and minus buttons works just fine, I didn't have any problems. Brightness of the screen is good and this is a color screen which I personally like. On the scren you can see all information that you need and logo, probably some people will not like the logo on the screen. Magma mod works very good, I didn't have any problems and I can say that fire button is very responsive, for many people that is important. Every time when you screw the atomizer on the mod it will ask you is that a new coil and it will suggest you wattage for that coil.
So, magma mod, if you like mods with this design you can definitely consider it because the quality of the mod is better than many similar designed mods and it works just great without any problems.

I would also like to say that Proton batteries that I received with this mod are great and I am really happy with proton batteries.
Battery capacity: 3000mah
CDR: 21A

Mooch confirmed numbers from above.

wMxvi9Y.jpg

Cons:

- Someone will not like the logo on the screen

Pros:

- Build quality
- Nice panel options
- Nice design
- Buttons works good
- Responsive fire button