Become a Patron!

Falcon King Flavor Issues

I'm running a Falcon King with the Falcon 0.36 Dual Mesh Coil at 62 watts. Currently using a Tarot Nano Mod. Switching to a eLeaf Rim Mod Device soon.

When I use a desert flavor, the clouds are not dense of flavor and taste almost like nothing.

But when I use a fruit flavor, I get dense clouds full of flavor.

Both juices are 70/30. Does this make sense at all?

Same thing happens on the 0.15 Single Mesh coil

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, some flavors can mute. Have you tried it at a different wattage? I had it happen when I was using non VW mods.

Yes, flavors can mute. Have you tried it at a different wattage?

Yeah, if I go any higher than 65, it starts to burn the cotton.

But I just don't understand how the desert flavor can taste like nothing on the same coil and wattage while the fruit flavor has full flavor.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don’t either, but I have some custard and bakery flavors that disappear on higher wattage. I stick to 40-50w, since it’s not too hot and it’s a nice dense cloud. (Not in the millennial cloud nonsense way. Lol)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just bought a Falcon tank, but haven’t used it yet. I’m using a FireLuke2, which I really love.
Probably you have to experiment with each flavor on each mod. I’m using the same tanks with different VW mods and it feels different for each.
I have an iJoy Katana that i have to run in mid 50w range. So try different things.
Sucks when you blow out a coil like that! :)

Sent from my iPad with no coffee

I don’t either, but I have some custard and bakery flavors that disappear on higher wattage. I stick to 40-50w, since it’s not too hot and it’s a nice dense cloud. (Not in the millennial cloud nonsense way. Lol)
That's interesting. So you're saying desert flavors work better for you at lower wattage? That makes sense. Even though both the desert and fruit flavors I am using are both 70/30. I guess the ingredients for the desert flavor vanish at higher wattages.

When I go to lower wattages the flavors are extremely muted and hardly any flavor shows up for my desert flavor. Taste like blank vapor and makes me mouth dry. When I vape the fruit flavor it gets my mouth watery from the deliciousness.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, I don’t know why. If I ever DIY juice, maybe this arcane stuff will eventually make sense.
For me, it was mostly Unicorn Milk that was tasting like a lot of nothing at 80ish watts. Like no flavor at all. Nada. It’s why I got VW mods, actually.
But it’s different for every single mod/tank AFAICT.
Hope this helped in some way, it’s very subjective! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When I go to lower wattages the flavors are extremely muted and hardly any flavor shows up for my desert flavor. Taste like blank vapor and makes me mouth dry. When I vape the fruit flavor it gets my mouth watery from the deliciousness.

Had it happen too. Weird when there’s like a blank space where the flavor should be. And this happened with the first device I had that wasn’t Smok since I was just starting vaping again.
What mod are you using?
I haven’t had this happen lately but I tried the juice that tasted like nothing in another rig a while back. It was okay, but not amazing. So many factors come into play. It’s the juice, the flavor profile, the mod, wattage, coils...you could go a bit loopy. ;p

Had it happen too. Weird when there’s like a blank space where the flavor should be. And this happened with the first device I had that wasn’t Smok since I was just starting vaping again.
What mod are you using?
I haven’t had this happen lately but I tried the juice that tasted like nothing in another rig a while back. It was okay, but not amazing. So many factors come into play. It’s the juice, the flavor profile, the mod, wattage, coils...you could go a bit loopy. ;p

I'm using a Tarot Nano. I ordered a new Mod, the eLeaf IStick Rim Mod 80w, because I was thinking maybe the Tarot Nano battery has just given up and isn't working correctly. I've had it for over a year now.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you tried raising or lowering the watts a bit up or down? Is the juice VG or PG dominant?
A new mod may help, though.
I used to vape Uncle Junk and Cuttwood like 5 years ago. When I started vaping again, they were the first brands of juice I bought. Not sure what happened with them, but they seemed bleh.
Could be the manufacturing process changed.
Of course, it could be to do with the tank. I’m cleaning my new Falcon tank now so that I can use it. It’s just the plain ole Falcon, but the quality is great.
Do you have another tank, btw? Hang in there, somebody will give you the right answer eventually.

Have you tried raising or lowering the watts a bit up or down? Is the juice VG or PG dominant?
A new mod may help, though.
I used to vape Uncle Junk and Cuttwood like 5 years ago. When I started vaping again, they were the first brands of juice I bought. Not sure what happened with them, but they seemed bleh.
Could be the manufacturing process changed.
Of course, it could be to do with the tank. I’m cleaning my new Falcon tank now so that I can use it. It’s just the plain ole Falcon, but the quality is great.
Do you have another tank, btw? Hang in there, somebody will give you the right answer eventually.
Yeah I've tried raising it and lowering the wattage. The desert flavor is still muted. I'm honestly thinking it's the mod. The battery has been acting funny. The past 4 months all my desert flavors have been muted on my original Falcon Tank. I finally thought it was the tank so I bought the new Falcon King. But now I am thinking it's the mod, since the batter has been acting funny going from 40% to 0% randomly sometimes.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Could be. If it’s playing up, it’s better to replace it. You don’t need to play around with battery safety. And lasting a year isn’t so bad, just hope it wasn’t seriously expensive.
So other juice sucks in it as well? Sorry to not have any great suggestions since I know what it’s like. It feels really strange!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Fruit flavors generally will taste better at higher watts than any juice that has custards or bakeries in it.

Lowering the watts isn't the only thing that comes into play, though. You have to narrow the airflow as well.

On the RTAs and RDAs that I use, I could vape a 0.36 ohm coil at 40 watts with airflow about halfway closed and get great flavor.

Been a while now since I used factory coils. But give that a try and see if it helps.

And yes, if your battery is acting strange, time to get either new battery or new mod, if the battery is internal and not removable.

VU Sponsors