Become a Patron!

FAKE kangartech .5 coil

Tux

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a 5 pack of replacement coils, .5 ohms for my kangartech mini of Amazon.com. They only lasted like 3-4 days before they tasted bad, anyone else have an experience like this with kangertech "authentic" coils?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Especially with kanger and aspire I've noticed those clones are EVERYWHERE for just about every tank they make. Unfortunately so many vendors sell clones as authentic. I've began to stick with reputable stores for coil heads anymore, I intentionally bought some aspire clones on fast tech once to save a buck or two, tasted burnt ass first hit for all 5 of them and it never went away. I've used discountvapers and vaporbeast for coils and no issues. Unfortunately those clones are just not made well. Hell fast tech sells brass subtank coils, and most people feel that brass is a bad idea for vaping. Sorry I went off on a tangent there. That does seem like a short life span, but I haven't used a subtank (yet) so I honestly don't know what most peoples mileage is.

Tux

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Especially with kanger and aspire I've noticed those clones are EVERYWHERE for just about every tank they make. Unfortunately so many vendors sell clones as authentic. I've began to stick with reputable stores for coil heads anymore, I intentionally bought some aspire clones on fast tech once to save a buck or two, tasted burnt ass first hit for all 5 of them and it never went away. I've used discountvapers and vaporbeast for coils and no issues. Unfortunately those clones are just not made well. Hell fast tech sells brass subtank coils, and most people feel that brass is a bad idea for vaping. Sorry I went off on a tangent there. That does seem like a short life span, but I haven't used a subtank (yet) so I honestly don't know what most peoples mileage is.

Yeah I only use a subtank, the thing with these coils is they look exactly like real ones, same markings and everything, my buddy has the same subtank and vapes more than I do he has a lifespan of 10-14 days whereas I have less than 5

Tux

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg

It all looks very authentic

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I bought a 5 pack of replacement coils, .5 ohms for my kangartech mini of Amazon.com. They only lasted like 3-4 days before they tasted bad, anyone else have an experience like this with kangertech "authentic" coils?

Bad replacement heads happen. They always will. Authentic or not, they are all made in the same factories. Those factories are full of people, not machines. Human error makes the bad coils not authentic vs clone - because they are both basically the same thing.

Tux

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bad replacement heads happen. They always will. Authentic or not, they are all made in the same factories. Those factories are full of people, not machines. Human error makes the bad coils not authentic vs clone - because they are both basically the same thing.

So you're saying every pack will have good and bad coils, and it hit or miss?

Tux

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The other thing is most of the reviews on Amazon had the same complaint as me, probly should've checked them before I ordered

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Joe is right, I've had bad authentics too but not as often. Although I dont agree that all the clones are made the same as authentics. Those aspire that I bought were in a very different packaging than the originals, very different markings and inferior materials. Not saying that the clones don't come from the same factory, but in the case of the ones I bought the materials and design were different and just crap.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The other thing is most of the reviews on Amazon had the same complaint as me, probly should've checked them before I ordered
Yep, before clicking that add to cart button, skip right to the 3 star and 2 star reviews *unless* 90 percent of the feedback is 1 star in which case it is time to move on ;)

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep had the same issue. I woukd get 1 maybe 2 good coiks out of a pack. I use only the rba now.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
At least the old ones were/are retarded simple to re-wick or even rebuild. I see the new heads are not user serviceable. I use the RBA 99% of the time but it's nice to have some pre-built heads ready to use in a pinch. Heads have always been spotty like this as long as I can remember but Kanger really knocked it out of the park with the subtank mini giving you the RBA deck and easy as pie to rebuild heads. Too bad they jacked up their latest revision of the heads.

Anyway, if you've got the first version heads, do yourself a favor and youtube up some rip tripper or somebody else's videos showing how to rebuild those. You don't have to rebuild every time, just swap in a new wick. It is drop dead simple.

VU Sponsors