Become a Patron!

FA Grape Concord

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been trying to use this to make a grape flavored juice but there is an odd flavor to it. Has anyone successfully used this flavor? If so, how & what %?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After looking at HIC's FA flavor guide, it looks like the 3% I mixed it at is at least 3x too strong. I will dilute & see if that helps.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I find it too perfumey. I tried it with apple and pear, and still thought so, even at a lower %. Could just be my taste buds. HIC posted a purple cow recipe that has several fans. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-purple-cow.41616/
Grape Concord for me is extremely hard to work with. I usually have to combine it with either, TFA Grape Candy, FLV Grape or both.
I made HIC's Purple Cow early on with only the Grape Concord & it was so-so, but once I tweaked it with a couple of other flavors it was even better.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's seems the consensus is in agreement FA Grape is really not worth buying again. I'm still debating whether to trash this batch or try to salvage it. I am not one who can easily throw out 60ml of juice, but I also don't want to ruin an even larger batch because I wanted to save this one. Hmm...don't have to decide today, I suppose.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
don't have to decide today, I suppose.
Nope. Put it away and forget about it. One day, when you stumble across the bottle, give it a try. It might turn out really nice, you never know. I usually don't have the patience for long waiting periods. I'm ok with leaving a juice for a week, or 2, sometimes I've actually forgotten those, LOL.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think it taste a little unripe and bitter, I think if you get a bag of grapes and vape the juice the flavor is kinda right for true to nature but just not the parts I want . I think grapes taste a little cold and watery and thats not a very fun flavor to vape lol I do get a floral note to it and it usually ruins everything it touches haha but one day Ill master that little sucker

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think grapes taste a little cold and watery and thats not a very fun flavor to vape lol I do get a floral note to it and it usually ruins everything it touches

Those sensory factors might be due to FA's manufacturing process. :vino:

fa grape.jpg

fa grape2.jpg

Ron
---
“A man cannot understand the art he is studying if he only looks for the end result without taking the time to delve deeply into the reasoning of the study.”― Miyamoto Musashi

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Those sensory factors might be due to FA's manufacturing process. :vino:

View attachment 86982

View attachment 86983

Ron
---
“A man cannot understand the art he is studying if he only looks for the end result without taking the time to delve deeply into the reasoning of the study.”― Miyamoto Musashi
Since a good portion of Cali is wine country... Been there, done that...:vino:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since a good portion of Cali is wine country... Been there, done that...:vino:

I'm thinking your production must have gone to the much closer FLV to make their far better Grape flavor. Your exceptional skills are probably what makes it so. :yes:

(FLV Grape 3% single flavor mix. Tastes just like Welch's grape juice)

Ron
---
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."- W. C. Fields

VU Sponsors