FA Flavourings & Diacetyl (a list)

SquareFeet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys,

This isn't a post to get into the discussion of whether diacetyl is good/bad, or anything like that. I'm not going to get into that debate, as (in my experience) it can get rather heated rather quickly. So, none of that, please :)

With that said, I was curious about whether any of the FA flavourings I have contained diacetyl, so I went looking, and found some that do. In the spirit of sharing, here's the ones that I've found to contain diacetyl so far (it's by no means an exhaustive list (currently only checked most of the sweet category), and data is from FA themselves):

I was surprised to find that FA Custard, and related flavours like the cream range (with the exclusion of Cream Whipped) don't appear to contain diacetyl.

If you want to check out for yourself whether an FA flavour contains diacetyl, I found that on their website, when clicking through to a flavour, it will expressly state whether the flavour contains diacetyl. If there's no mention of it, it isn't there (or, I assume, is in trace amounts). FA's notes on diacetyl and vaping are here for the curious.

Again, I'm not siding with the diacetyl bad, nor the diacetyl good, crowd here. Just imparting info :)

PS. I did a quick search for whether a thread like this existed, but couldn't find one. To the mods: if there's already something like this, do let me know and I'll move this to an existing thread.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the ones listed are in the Kitchen Line and specifically not for vaping:p

None of the flavors in their vaping line contain any diketones!

SquareFeet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All the ones listed are in the Kitchen Line and specifically not for vaping:p

None of the flavors in their vaping line contain any diketones!

Ha! I wasn't aware there were two different product lines. Well, that made this post a little pointless! Thanks for letting me know.

Oh well. I have just found Flavour Art's ClearStream site, that contains flavour analysis documents for quite a few of their flavours. Maybe I can regain some dignity by posting that here ;)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha! I wasn't aware there were two different product lines. Well, that made this post a little pointless! Thanks for letting me know.

Oh well. I have just found Flavour Art's ClearStream site, that contains flavour analysis documents for quite a few of their flavours. Maybe I can regain some dignity by posting that here ;)

Not to worry! It only really becomes clear when you check out the FA website. We have a big FA fanclub here - check out out (long) thread, which is the continuation of an even longer thread on another forum!:
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...he-purevapes-thread.2501/page-172#post-355431

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think FA have changed their site fairly recently. They used to have the vaping flavours listed in their own section (found via the "electronic cigarette" tab), but I don't see it now. The kitchen magic section has always contained all flavours (with the note about not safe to vape on certain flavours).

Searching for "diketones" on their site seems to hit all the flavours that contain them (but with a couple of false positives):
http://flavourartexpress.biz/index....rformed=Y&q=diketones&dispatch=search.results

The false positives are those which have been reformulated, and have the text "NEW! This flavor DO NOT contain anymore Diacetyl and or related diketones. Enjoy it!". Just two so far, found by this search:
http://flavourartexpress.biz/index....performed=Y&q=anymore&dispatch=search.results

I can't think of an easy way to get a list of those that don't contain diketones, now :(

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think FA have changed their site fairly recently. They used to have the vaping flavours listed in their own section (found via the "electronic cigarette" tab), but I don't see it now. The kitchen magic section has always contained all flavours (with the note about not safe to vape on certain flavours).

Searching for "diketones" on their site seems to hit all the flavours that contain them (but with a couple of false positives):
http://flavourartexpress.biz/index....rformed=Y&q=diketones&dispatch=search.results

The false positives are those which have been reformulated, and have the text "NEW! This flavor DO NOT contain anymore Diacetyl and or related diketones. Enjoy it!". Just two so far, found by this search:
http://flavourartexpress.biz/index....performed=Y&q=anymore&dispatch=search.results

I can't think of an easy way to get a list of those that don't contain diketones, now :(
I thought it was just me, but I found the same thing on a link I had saved, which is now a dead link. They no longer split that into the different lines, but I'm glad they still mark them.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought it was just me, but I found the same thing on a link I had saved, which is now a dead link. They no longer split that into the different lines, but I'm glad they still mark them.
I wonder if they did that to avoid having the clearstream flavors taxed under the new ecig tax in Italy.

another sort of odd thing, is the press release about a new North American distribution facility seems to have disappeared off their site as well :(

VU Sponsors