Become a Patron!

Fa flavour mixing

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys still no luck in the mixing!
Ok so im usin 70vg 30pg in subtank mini and still getting very weak flavouring should i go to ratio 50/50? Isit a myth that higher vg takes away the flavour?
Iv seen online with tons of research that adding a little extra flavouring will help with the higher vg so iv done that using tutti frutti for example at 3-4% i get a horrible harshness in the throat with little flavour bring it to 2% and still muted flavour with no harness in the throat any advise would be much appreciated thnx

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Jason, where'd you get your nic, pg and vg?
Yes vampire vape its not that thought hisenburg and pinkman is smooth and tasteful at 20%, will the harshness go away after steeping? Is this due to not being steeped longer nuff? Iv mixed tutti frutti at 3% like hic suggest in my notes on and the throat harshness is killing

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is driving me crazy lol iv ordered some capella see if i have better luck with them

happy vaping

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is driving me crazy lol iv ordered some capella see if i have better luck with them

happy vaping
Well, let us know how that goes for you. If these also don't work out, I'm going to take a guess that you might be highly sensitive to PG. I'm really lost at what's causing this for you based on everything you've shared. Hopefully someone will have the answer for you. Good luck, Jason!

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, let us know how that goes for you. If these also don't work out, I'm going to take a guess that you might be highly sensitive to PG. I'm really lost at what's causing this for you based on everything you've shared. Hopefully someone will have the answer for you. Good luck, Jason!
Thanks mate i dont think its the pg as just before i got subtank week-2weeks ago i was vaping tjuice 80pg 20vg,
Iv put all my bottles in hot water to try mix the liquid in maybe this can cause the problem or either that the flavours aint mixed in well enough yet

happy vaping

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks mate i dont think its the pg as just before i got subtank week-2weeks ago i was vaping tjuice 80pg 20vg,
Iv put all my bottles in hot water to try mix the liquid in maybe this can cause the problem or either that the flavours aint mixed in well enough yet

happy vaping
ok so you just started using a subtank?

Have you tried you juice in whatever you were using before the subtank?

if so, does the juice still hurt your throat?

if it does not then this has more to do with the subtank and less with the juice.

SO if you have not tried already, eliminate the subtank from the equation. Go back to what you were used to using before the subtank and try stuff out, concentrating on the feel in your throat NOT THE flavor.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ok so you just started using a subtank?

Have you tried you juice in whatever you were using before the subtank?

if so, does the juice still hurt your throat?

if it does not then this has more to do with the subtank and less with the juice.

SO if you have not tried already, eliminate the subtank from the equation. Go back to what you were used to using before the subtank and try stuff out, concentrating on the feel in your throat NOT THE flavor.
Thats a good point i was using aspire mini so would have todo a 50/50 mix as i dont think they wick 70vg?
That said my diy heisenburg and pinkman dosent give me the harshness in the throat with same pg vg ratio and nic mg thats why im saying the flavours

happy vaping

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok so to make sure I have the info correctly

you can vape 70 vg in the subtank with other diy flavors with no issues. But when you make a diy mix using FA flavors in the subtank you get a harshness in your throat?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ok so to make sure I have the info correctly

you can vape 70 vg in the subtank with other diy flavors with no issues. But when you make a diy mix using FA flavors in the subtank you get a harshness in your throat?
Yes that is correct with little flavour aswel

happy vaping

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yes that is correct with little flavour aswel

happy vaping
well that is perplexing.

well here is my suggestion
contact mama Js
ask them which flavors are made exclusively with FA and buy a bottle of a flavor they mix that is exclusively FA flavors.

WHY?

well
you could have a sensitivity to FA flavors
you may got a bad batch
you could be mixing wrong, but I doubt it

so easiest way to find out is get a premade flavor from some else who is a resident expert and see if you have the same reaction to FA flavors.

With mamajs you just add their flavoring to your pg/vg/nic mix and your done.

If they have a flavor using any of the flavors you seem to be having a reaction to then definitely get that and get a flavor that contains nothing you have. That way if you get a flavor with nothing you have and have no reaction, then you might possibly be able to get another flavor that you have that is bothering you and see if it is that particular flavor causing you issues.

If you get the same reaction form a Mama Js flavor made with only FA then you might as well file FA as a brand that you dont like. Which would be very odd since most people like that brand including myself

If you dont get the reaction form Mam Js then it could just be the specific flavors you have which you are sensitive to or are a bad batch.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well that is perplexing.

well here is my suggestion
contact mama Js
ask them which flavors are made exclusively with FA and buy a bottle of a flavor they mix that is exclusively FA flavors.

WHY?

well
you could have a sensitivity to FA flavors
you may got a bad batch
you could be mixing wrong, but I doubt it

so easiest way to find out is get a premade flavor from some else who is a resident expert and see if you have the same reaction to FA flavors.

With mamajs you just add their flavoring to your pg/vg/nic mix and your done.

If you get the same reaction form a Mama Js flavor made with only FA then you might as well file FA as a brand that you dont like. Which would be very odd since most people like that brand including myself

If you dont get the reaction form Mam Js then it could just be the specific flavors you have which you are sensitive to or are a bad batch.
Thats something to think of! Couldnt i order that of fa site? As im in uk!
Im hoping this harshness goes away with steep but from what i can see online this can happen when you over flavour and iv also seen that steeping helps this aswell? Its very disappointing as i really like fa selection that said my friend have tryed my flavours and he gets the same harshness so i dout that is the case, im confidant its my mixing or maybe my steeping :/ i have seen something somewhere that this can happen when the flavour aint mixed in the the vg yet

happy vaping

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also Jason..and this is gonna sound WAY too simple..but are you shaking your flavors really well before you add them to your mix?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone else here vape fa flavours with subtank mini?
I may take the cap of one over night see if that helps

happy vaping

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@AmandaD uses a subtanks with FA flavors, and successfully. Mama J's does.ship to the UK.

Typos brought to you by: Phone!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Jason

I use FA flavors only and only use my anger subtank mini with a .5 coil. I have no issues.

Mamaj's website is here
http://mamajsflavorshop.com/
wllmc who is a member here on the forum runs the website.
IM 99% sure he can ship to you.
Contact him directly through the website.
Explain which FA flavors you have and your issue.

Ask him if he could recommend any of his flavors that are exclusively made form FA so you can order it and see if you have a sensitivity to FA flavors. Also ask him if any of his other flavors contain one of the flavors you are having issues with and order that as well.

While you are at it
Order everything from him thats sounds good. EVERYONE LOVES mamjs. Their Game Over Custard is a VU favorite and considered the best custard flavor available on the market. I have only tried the cantelope crossing myself so far. While I did not care for it myself It is a great flavor. If you like melons and watermelon and jolly ranchers this is a perfect jolly rancher melon flavor IMO. You can taste it perfectly, its smooth and an easy vape, just not my thing.
So since shipping might be pricey form USA to UK, try several flavors at once. But make sure you contact them first and ask about which if any flavor is exclusively FA flavors and if any flavor contains a flavor you are having issues with, so you can test.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Jason

I use FA flavors only and only use my anger subtank mini with a .5 coil. I have no issues.

Mamaj's website is here
http://mamajsflavorshop.com/
wllmc who is a member here on the forum runs the website.
IM 99% sure he can ship to you.
Contact him directly through the website.
Explain which FA flavors you have and your issue.

Ask him if he could recommend any of his flavors that are exclusively made form FA so you can order it and see if you have a sensitivity to FA flavors. Also ask him if any of his other flavors contain one of the flavors you are having issues with and order that as well.

While you are at it
Order everything from him thats sounds good. EVERYONE LOVES mamjs. Their Game Over Custard is a VU favorite and considered the best custard flavor available on the market. I have only tried the cantelope crossing myself so far. While I did not care for it myself It is a great flavor. If you like melons and watermelon and jolly ranchers this is a perfect jolly rancher melon flavor IMO. You can taste it perfectly, its smooth and an easy vape, just not my thing.
So since shipping might be pricey form USA to UK, try several flavors at once. But make sure you contact them first and ask about which if any flavor is exclusively FA flavors and if any flavor contains a flavor you are having issues with, so you can test.
Ok then thnx but im pretty sure it aint me being sensitive as a friend has tryed it aswell and he felt the same from it yeah iv spoke to willmc about shipping and flavpurs ect already today
I am going to try my coil as im using the rba section

happy vaping

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would be interesting to know what coil build she use and cotton

happy vaping

As Huck said, I vape almost exclusively FA flavors in all my tanks, including my subtanks. When I use the RBA I build anywhere from 0.5-1.0 ohm and use Japanese cotton and anywhere from 50/50 to 70 VG (yes, Huck - for some reason I can now vape higher VG!). I also use VT nic exclusively, which is very smooth. I never ever get any harshness from any of the flavors. Most of the recipes I make are either from HIC or MamaJs.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Jason
If you do place an order from mamaj's you might try getting a flavor of 2 of the FA flavors you are having an issue with to eliminate the possibility you got some from a bad batch

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As Huck said, I vape almost exclusively FA flavors in all my tanks, including my subtanks. When I use the RBA I build anywhere from 0.5-1.0 ohm and use Japanese cotton and anywhere from 50/50 to 70 VG (yes, Huck - for some reason I can now vape higher VG!). I also use VT nic exclusively, which is very smooth. I never ever get any harshness from any of the flavors. Most of the recipes I make are either from HIC or MamaJs.
Ok iv used vampire vapes nic in other brands but maybe that nic is having a reaction to fa flavours maybe?
And i struggled to vape 70 vg in mine so i drilled 2 2mm holes to help it
aef610f42a6ac986a795389a4a900914.jpg

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Simple way to find out - make some without nic!
I just remembered my first sample batch was with out nic and had the same thing but percentages was high on flavour

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yes try tutti fruitti with no nic at 2 or 3%
Iv now tryed ry4 nutzilla what i done at 5% steeping for 8 days and no harshness on the throat with that but flavour aint as strong as i would like it so cant be the nic :/

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Saying that vaping ry4 for abit its actually really nice vape very smooth aswell really happy with that one and still under a week steeping left

happy vaping

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
let me catch up on the comments real quick so I dont repeat whats been said to many times. we use the kanger sub ohm tanks sometimes and love us some flavor art :)

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
let me catch up on the comments real quick so I dont repeat whats been said to many times. we use the kanger sub ohm tanks sometimes and love us some flavor art :)
Lmao hi will sorry for all my threads i must be doing all ur heads in aha once i figure this out i will be sure to pass my minimum of a knowledge i have on lol

happy vaping

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else here vape fa flavours with subtank mini?

Kanger subtank mini here.. FA here ... only thing i've noticed is if i vape heavy and pull hard with air full open i can dry out my throat a bit after a day
.. with the kanger i tend to have to keep watch on the draw .. lol ... but works fine for me .. flavor is very good

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
haha , got side tracked . looks like the same recipe you were working on before . ? I think probably what you need to do is explore more flavorings. I dont think you are going to end up getting what you want by keeping up with the same flavors. I now thats not the answer you want to hear but thats just what I am thinking. If you have tried the flavors on their own at different % and not happy with the flavor and have already ruled out everything else then its time to move on lol. that is not a bad thing though at all, you can make your favorite mix its just going to take some work and a lot of juice you dont like. When we sub ohm FA on anything It needs a good 4 days to a week I think to get smooth. on a kayfun around 1.2 ohms and low power FA its super nice shake and vape and I think much better flavor. I like a lot of cappeals flavors for sub ohming. but really thats all I can think of is its just not working for you, FA is touchy also it can go from to little at 0.75 just right at 1.5 and to much at 1.75. Welcome to the frustrations of DIY but its also the best part tinkering and playing and exploring. when you get your perfect recipe all this will be worth it.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
haha , got side tracked . looks like the same recipe you were working on before . ? I think probably what you need to do is explore more flavorings. I dont think you are going to end up getting what you want by keeping up with the same flavors. I now thats not the answer you want to hear but thats just what I am thinking. If you have tried the flavors on their own at different % and not happy with the flavor and have already ruled out everything else then its time to move on lol. that is not a bad thing though at all, you can make your favorite mix its just going to take some work and a lot of juice you dont like. When we sub ohm FA on anything It needs a good 4 days to a week I think to get smooth. on a kayfun around 1.2 ohms and low power FA its super nice shake and vape and I think much better flavor. I like a lot of cappeals flavors for sub ohming. but really thats all I can think of is its just not working for you, FA is touchy also it can go from to little at 0.75 just right at 1.5 and to much at 1.75. Welcome to the frustrations of DIY but its also the best part tinkering and playing and exploring. when you get your perfect recipe all this will be worth it.
Ok thnx for your time to reply yeah same flavours when you say they smooth out with steeping time do you mean that they can be harsh of the bat but gets smoother when steeped? Cuz if thats the case thats what im experiencing and maybe more steeping time is needed.
If not i think it could be down to my build really guttering i cant get this rite its put me of fa i will figure this out if its the last thing i do lol
I have thought about getting a kayfun v4 clone i used to be a cloud chaser but im all on the flavour now lol

happy vaping

Last edited:

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kanger subtank mini here.. FA here ... only thing i've noticed is if i vape heavy and pull hard with air full open i can dry out my throat a bit after a day
.. with the kanger i tend to have to keep watch on the draw .. lol ... but works fine for me .. flavor is very good
What gauge wire are you using wraps close or spaced diameter of coil ? Maybe i could try ur coil setup lol

happy vaping

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im in the Uk and use the UK Flavour Art site, have only just started DIY myself. I have found the recipes really nice I have mixed from here. I did find the tiramisu pretty harsh at first, but sitting in my tank it seemed to really smooth out over night (same thing also happened when I re-wicked so personally it was nothing to do with steeping, merely breaking in fresh cotton). It may be worth contacting the UK Flavour Art site, the customer servicing from my own experience and feedback I have seen is second to none. With vampire vapes have you bought the e-juice pre-made before as that is very high PG (just trying to rule out intolerenaces). I buy my nicotine from Chefs Vapour along with concentrates including some flavour art ones there. I cant compare it to others as its the only one I have used. I vape @ 3mg though and barely even notice the nicotine, which I would take as being a good thing. Out of interest though I see a lot of people on here saying VT or something nicotine is the best and are buying it in America yet it is UK sourced, anybody have any ideas if it is available and where sourced from in the UK?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im in the Uk and use the UK Flavour Art site, have only just started DIY myself. I have found the recipes really nice I have mixed from here. I did find the tiramisu pretty harsh at first, but sitting in my tank it seemed to really smooth out over night (same thing also happened when I re-wicked so personally it was nothing to do with steeping, merely breaking in fresh cotton). It may be worth contacting the UK Flavour Art site, the customer servicing from my own experience and feedback I have seen is second to none. With vampire vapes have you bought the e-juice pre-made before as that is very high PG (just trying to rule out intolerenaces). I buy my nicotine from Chefs Vapour along with concentrates including some flavour art ones there. I cant compare it to others as its the only one I have used. I vape @ 3mg though and barely even notice the nicotine, which I would take as being a good thing. Out of interest though I see a lot of people on here saying VT or something nicotine is the best and are buying it in America yet it is UK sourced, anybody have any ideas if it is available and where sourced from in the UK?
Yeah iv tryed contacting fa all i got of john is that the subtank is to hot for these flavours but everyone else on here seems to be vaping theres in the subtank mini ok!
What do you vape your fa juices in?
maybe it could be the vampire vape pg and vg im vaping it in! Id be interested to know what pg vg and nic people are using in the uk so i could give that a try

happy vaping

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Interesting. Maybe it is just the particular flavours but just saying try other flavours could be an expensive process. From what I have read on here it only seems cocoa that distorts on more power. Ive only tried two recipes from here, one was HIC's xtra smooth tiramisu. Was vaping that on a chutulu tank 0.3-0.4ohms anywhere between 27-40watts. The other recipe was jays caramel apple and that was with the same build in an innokin exthermal dripper (best flavour dripper personally for me by a mile) and that was usually around 50w and one of the best vapes Ive had. I used 70VG mixes.
Im no expert at all, far from it, but just using common sense and process of elimination I would have thought it wasnt the vg/pg/nicotine or the set up you are using, either a problem with the specific flavours or just some kind of intolerance you have to something in flavour art flavourings. Maybe try a couple of different flavours that are flavours you have had often in other vendors juices and to turn the power down as low as possible just to see?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Interesting. Maybe it is just the particular flavours but just saying try other flavours could be an expensive process. From what I have read on here it only seems cocoa that distorts on more power. Ive only tried two recipes from here, one was HIC's xtra smooth tiramisu. Was vaping that on a chutulu tank 0.3-0.4ohms anywhere between 27-40watts. The other recipe was jays caramel apple and that was with the same build in an innokin exthermal dripper (best flavour dripper personally for me by a mile) and that was usually around 50w and one of the best vapes Ive had. I used 70VG mixes.
Im no expert at all, far from it, but just using common sense and process of elimination I would have thought it wasnt the vg/pg/nicotine or the set up you are using, either a problem with the specific flavours or just some kind of intolerance you have to something in flavour art flavourings. Maybe try a couple of different flavours that are flavours you have had often in other vendors juices and to turn the power down as low as possible just to see?
I have thought that but iv had a mate try it and he said the same thing its harsh for him to :/ iv ordered some cappella flavours and t juice from http://vapable.com maybe i should try there nic and pg vg

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok its not my build as iv just tryed the 1.2 prebuilt coil and harshness is still there i think im gona try a new source of pg vg and nic

happy vaping

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run the kanger at 14 to 30 for the .5 coil and 10 to 15 for the 1.2 coil

sweet spot for me on the .5 is about 18-22watts and about 11-13 for the 1.2

Last edited:

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
28g - tight coil
Yeah same as me then :/ i do 6 wraps get me ,9 ohm iv spoke to somone on here he said he bought vampire vapes pg and felt it to be harsh to maybe its that but fine with vampire vapes concentrates

happy vaping

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
where do you buy your wire?? longshot but ... from what i've read .. Kanthal is actually a brand name (like Coke:cool:) so when you buy "kanthal" it's not necessarily the same... resistance wire made in china/???/? can have VERY widely varying composition. Aside from the health concerns with any wire if it's 'sub par' you could also be affecting your flavor.. 'nother thing - are you 'pre soaking' the cotton for the kanger? thats kinda key to not getting burnt cotton... I'm sure your aware of these things but just wanted to cover the bases.. :)

VU Sponsors