Become a Patron!

FA Espresso Issues

SquareFeet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I've been trying to make this flavour (and FA Tiramisu) work for a while now, but I'm just having no luck at all. Whatever I pair it with, the espresso just takes over everything. I know it's an extremely strong flavour, but even using it at 1 or 2 drops p/10ml is too much.

The flavour itself, though... I know taste is an incredibly subjective thing, but after reading about FA espresso and it's many uses here, I really was expecting something that tasted of espresso. I'm not getting it at all; well, okay, I am, but it's the taste of coffee that's been sitting around for a few days. It just doesn't agree with me at all, and I've ruined so many attempts at a coffee/tobacco/vanilla mix by using it. Am I alone here?

TFA Espresso isn't any better IMHO. It's a little more chemically, but just as disgusting.

Can someone point me in the right direction with this? A friendly flavour that I could pair it with that will "dilute" the disgusting parts, or something like that? Or just suggest other espresso/coffee flavours...?

Thanks!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, my thought on this would be that if 0.25% to 0.5% is too strong for you, maybe try making a dilution of the flavor, then using that in your mixes. I admit, it's an incredibly strong flavor. For me, it does mellow out after a few, to several, days, but I do quite enjoy it. Try a dilution and see it that works out for you. Maybe 1% in a 5ml bottle of PG. If that's too strong, add 5ml more of PG. Use that as your flavoring bottle.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not real fond of coffee vapes, I've discovered, so I don't make them to much anymore.
Although I drink it by the gallon:D.

RP is on the right track tho, make a dilution to try, then maybe add some FA Irish Cream (kinda chocolaty).
Vanillas & Creams also help to mellow it out some.
If you think about the different flavored Coffee Creamers out there...
Hazelnut, Caramel, GS Samoas, etc.
You might discover something that covers, or hides, some of the "disgusting parts".

SquareFeet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cheers guys, I'll give the dilution method a go. Don't know why I haven't tried that yet! Did some more reading and going to try blending it with coconut to see if that mellows it out a little.

@Heabob: The Irish Cream sounds like a good plan, I'll add that to the list of things to try.
@Huckleberried: I've never kept any of my espresso experiments around long enough to see if it does mellow out over a few days, so I'll try that, too. Thanks :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The nic base you use makes a HUGE difference on the perceived strength of FA Espresso, and pretty big with Tiramisu, too. The spicier your nic, the LESS of those flavorings you want. When I used Wizard Labs nic, my coffee recipes had 0.25%, and that was plenty strong for me. As much as I like those two flavors, I always use them in combination with lots of creamy, sweet flavors.

Well, my thought on this would be that if zero.25% to 0.5% is too sturdy for you, perhaps strive making a dilution of the taste, then using that during your mixes. For me, it does mellow out after a few, to several, days, however I do quite revel in it. Try a dilution and notice it that works out for you. Maybe 1% in a 5ml bottle of PG. If it's too sturdy, add 5ml extra of PG. Use that as your flavoring bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am one of those people who can't live without their daily morning coffee but I have never found a coffee vape that did not taste like day old burned coffee. With that being said I gave up on it but I have a Tiramisu that I enjoy now and then.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So I've been trying to make this flavour (and FA Tiramisu) work for a while now, but I'm just having no luck at all. Whatever I pair it with, the espresso just takes over everything. I know it's an extremely strong flavour, but even using it at 1 or 2 drops p/10ml is too much.

The flavour itself, though... I know taste is an incredibly subjective thing, but after reading about FA espresso and it's many uses here, I really was expecting something that tasted of espresso. I'm not getting it at all; well, okay, I am, but it's the taste of coffee that's been sitting around for a few days. It just doesn't agree with me at all, and I've ruined so many attempts at a coffee/tobacco/vanilla mix by using it. Am I alone here?

TFA Espresso isn't any better IMHO. It's a little more chemically, but just as disgusting.

Can someone point me in the right direction with this? A friendly flavour that I could pair it with that will "dilute" the disgusting parts, or something like that? Or just suggest other espresso/coffee flavours...?

Thanks!
This may be just the thing you are looking for. Flavour Art Up. I was chasing a good coffee concentrate for ages and like others found them overpowering, just not quite right etc.
Then I tried Up. Bingo. Ok, it's advertised as a kind of coffee cake thing but to me its a lovely easy to work with coffee flavour. It is strong, but used right never overpowering. I use it at just .5% to .8%. That's point 5% and point 8% in case you miss the . (point, no pun intended, well maybe a little)
I do a couple of easy recipes using it. With cookie, creams, icecream. It is a wonderful coffee taste. Always have a mix steeping with it in. You wont mess up if you keep it under 1%.

VU Sponsors