bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Everyone,

I'm writing this thread to share my extreme stealth vaping method and ask for some advice upgrading my equipment.

I work in a cubicle for a massive corporation. A few years ago we "refreshed" our office to have a very open layout. You can see and hear everyone and my cube is right in the middle, but I've managed to vape in the office under the radar the whole time.

Outside of work, I typically vape 6mg nic high VG juice around 30 watts. In the office, I use 18mg nic 100% PG juice and produce ZERO vapor by holding the vapor in an extra second or 2 than I usually would. I still use my otherwise useless V2 cigalikes as these allow me to easily take a drag without drawing attention and I can conceal them in the palm of my hand and slip them into my pocket at a moments notice. I typically keep one under my keyboard. I have been caught by my immediate neighbors a few times, but they're all cool about it. I'm mostly concern with management calling me out on it.

I'm looking to upgrade at this point for 2 reasons:
1) I used to have 30+ of the 801 (I think that's what they are) cartos that V2 sells. I would spend a few hours filling them and it would last me months. I am now down to about 7 functional cartos and replacements are unjustifiably expensive. I want something that uses a 510 or ego connection so that I can use more readily accessible atties. It would also be nice to have something that's easier to fill.
2) I am now moving to an actual office, so I won't need to be nearly as discrete anymore.

Here's the criteria I'm looking for in my stealth vape:
- 510 or ego connection.
- Better battery life than a cigalike (basically anything but a cigalike)
- No visible eliquid. I feel like if I get caught it just looks like I have a nicotine inhaler, but once it looks like something I could be injecting into my arm, I think more eyebrows will be raised. This could be accomplished either by using 510 cartos or with some sort of concealed tank device.
- Relatively quiet.
- Ability to conceal it in my hand and slip into my pocket.
- Small enough to hide under a keyboard (or a recommendation for an alternate hiding method)
- Affordable. I don't necessarily enjoy my work vape that much, so I'm not going to spend big bucks.
- Minimal leaking.

So far, I'm considering:
- Small ego with 510 carto. This would work, but I would prefer an atty that's easier to refill.
- Gripper mod. I have a bunch of 18350 batteries collecting dust, so this could put these to use. Seems like it might be too big though.
- Billet Box clone. Again this seems too big and probably too pricey.
- One of those USB ego connectors with a carto. I haven't really heard anyone review one of these.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone!
-Tom

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
20140319141561746174.jpg
I've got one of these, with the 18350 battery it's fits in the palm of my hand. I use a protank 2 or smoktech ARO V2.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have three tiny egrips which are awesome for stealth vaping if you use high PG. They're generally around $49 (at VapeNW at any rate), and you can either use the premade heads or buy a separate RBA head (which is what I use for best flavor). If you're coming from cartos the regular heads will be a huge step up in the flavor department. http://vapenw.com/egrip-kit-by-joyetech

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some 350 mah non-vv Egos that I top with old Evod clearos for super stealth - whole device fits in the palm of my hand and lasts as long as I need it to generally, as when you're stealth it's not like you're chain-vaping or anything...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The other day, Fast Tech had a new arrival that looked like a Carto.

I'll run over there and look to see if I can find you a link.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you are typically low watt vaping at work? You could look into an Ego One, iStick mini, Kanger Emow, Micro Stick, maybe just a regular evod set up.

Maybe you need one of these

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Bluraff,

I just took a pic of some of the devices I use for stealth for size comparisons, a few of which you mentioned.

Stealth Vapes.jpg

In order shown in pic:

1) Billet Box - stealthy because it looks nothing like an ecig and everything is contained...excellent battery life, but expensive; can use punched cartos or bvc coils with the billet bridge and tank holds lots of liquid;
2) Boge Revolution - stealthy because everything is contained....good battery life but circa 2010 so probably can't purchase;
3) V4L Dial a Volt batt w/ Vapor Zeus carto - stealthy because about the size of a highlighter and can easily be tossed in a shirt pocket....great battery life and cartos hold about 3 mls;
4) Mini Istick (10w) with Joye ECA tank - stealthy because it can be concealed in my small girl hands...good battery life and tank holds about 3.5mls;
5) Istick (20w) with Nautilus mini - added for size comparison;
6) Gripper with 510-T atty - stealthy because in this configuration it's mostly self contained and can be concealed in my small girl hands....good battery life; and
7) Egrip - I would classify this as semi stealthy only because it is not a quiet vape but is self contained though there is a juice window....great battery life.

For me, the true test of a stealth device is if I can vape it on a crowded plane with the lights on. Of the devices I have listed, the only ones I have not used on a plane are #5 and #7. Hope this helps some.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Thank you all for the input. A lot of great stuff here!

I can't believe I forgot about the evod (and similarly styles tanks). I think one of those could be discrete enough on a small ego. I think I actually still have a few in a drawer somewhere.

I think I might go small ego + evod, but I'm going to look into the istick mini as well (thanks @KREAM for the pic, the size compare was really helpful).

Also @Fictitious Character, the drips-a-lot is very much the kind of thinking I'm looking for. I will definitely be attempting something like it.

Thanks again everyone.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow. Thank you all for the input. A lot of great stuff here!

I can't believe I forgot about the evod (and similarly styles tanks). I think one of those could be discrete enough on a small ego. I think I actually still have a few in a drawer somewhere.

I think I might go small ego + evod, but I'm going to look into the istick mini as well (thanks @KREAM for the pic, the size compare was really helpful).

Also @Fictitious Character, the drips-a-lot is very much the kind of thinking I'm looking for. I will definitely be attempting something like it.

Thanks again everyone.
Here is another size comparison for the istick mini. Has a Nautilus mini for a topper sitting next to a 30ml bottle.

20150108_180325.jpg

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
10w of stealth. I still like the Drips a lot conversion though.

yea the istick mini is ridiculously small.. the battery life kinda sucks on it but still a great stealth vape if you have access to usb throughout the day its all good.

luckily i've never had anyone call me out on my vaping.. i just started a new promotion and no one has said anything - and I'm rocking a full sized subtank on my kbox . i'm not blowing clouds out into the office or anything. i usually zero all my hits

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm job hunting, and I'm hoping a new job will allow me to vape.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have three tiny egrips which are awesome for stealth vaping[...]

+1 on the Egrip. I use mine for exactly that purpose. Proof:

vaping_Joyetech_Egrip_in_flightjpg_zps5501effb.jpg

Not that I'm advocating you should try stealth vaping onboard a commercial flight or anything. That was a pretty stupid and dangerous stunt. Still, the Egrip did it with flying colors - no pun intended :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yea the istick mini is ridiculously small.. the battery life kinda sucks on it but still a great stealth vape if you have access to usb throughout the day its all good.

luckily i've never had anyone call me out on my vaping.. i just started a new promotion and no one has said anything - and I'm rocking a full sized subtank on my kbox . i'm not blowing clouds out into the office or anything. i usually zero all my hits
I think it is a 1100mah battery so at work it should last for awhile. It does not fir all the op's criteria though as it is a tad bulky to be slipped underneath stuff.

Maybe the op should get a round one and get a custom jwrap for it that makes it look like a sharpie or dry erase marker.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The smallest "box" type stealth i can think of is usually a home made one..Of course they only use 14500 batteries but thats better than getting busted charging something that might can be spotted.

Behold the super mini 14500 box.
20141227_071846.jpg
20141227_182907.jpg

The length is the same as a 650mah "short" ego battery (minus tank)...width is that of 2 14500 batteries..Of course you wont be running your subohm subtank on this as the 14500 battery isnt capable of putting out the amps needed but a nice 1.5 to 2.0 ohm coiled tank is a nice little stealthy set up on this

you can build these with the variable voltage chips used in egos as well so you have some regulation with it...Put some spare batteries in a battery case in your pocket and youre good to go all day. :)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can also be creative and hide your vape gear inside an innocuous-looking object. Here's my tin box mod for example - that I use specifically to stealth-vape during meetings at work:

mini_tin_mod6_zpsa4d58a3c.jpg

And here's what's inside:

mini_tin_mod1_zpse45540b5.jpg

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The smallest "box" type stealth i can think of is usually a home made one..Of course they only use 14500 batteries but thats better than getting busted charging something that might can be spotted.

Behold the super mini 14500 box.
View attachment 18192
View attachment 18193

The length is the same as a 650mah "short" ego battery (minus tank)...width is that of 2 14500 batteries..Of course you wont be running your subohm subtank on this as the 14500 battery isnt capable of putting out the amps needed but a nice 1.5 to 2.0 ohm coiled tank is a nice little stealthy set up on this

you can build these with the variable voltage chips used in egos as well so you have some regulation with it...Put some spare batteries in a battery case in your pocket and youre good to go all day. :)
I've aeen mods like this before. That might be a good cheap option. I Made a simple mod before, I could probably do it again.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can also be creative and hide your vape gear inside an innocuous-looking object. Here's my tin box mod for example - that I use specifically to stealth-vape during meetings at work:

mini_tin_mod6_zpsa4d58a3c.jpg

And here's what's inside:

mini_tin_mod1_zpse45540b5.jpg
Now that's cool. I could definitely pull that off. I spend 90% of my day doing math. I wonder if I could do something crazy with an old TI graphing calculator...

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've aeen mods like this before. That might be a good cheap option. I Made a simple mod before, I could probably do it again.
I bought enough parts from ebay to make 5 of them..with the small bulk buy it costs me $7.00 to make one like in the pic.

You can buy ego battery chips for a couple of dollars if you wanted variable voltage or something regulated.

The 510s like i bought on ebay are stupid priced now so maybe not as cheap for you to duplicate...its a simple double AA battery holder that has an on/off switch but i didnt use it in mine..its about as simple as it gets really..You can buy a triple AA box and run 2 14500s in parallel if you wanted ..just wont be as small of course.

An old pic for a size comparison
20150113_023052.jpg

Took this chip from an old ego battery...still havent finished it though..need to get off my lazy ass and do it.
20150108_224559.jpg

Last edited:

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Doesn't really fit what youre asking for but its the setup I run

4c9f944a9ceb8a2713d46b2c25fbdd99.jpg
67e38397d3c61185c546e0ab0b701e32.jpg
hammer mod 18360 with a derringer single coil flavors build

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@RedMoon @Geauxst
Te derringers really cool because of the size, but I can't drip at work.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@RedMoon @Geauxst
Te derringers really cool because of the size, but I can't drip at work.
Actually with a low build and airflow almost closed off single coil it last a good while before you have to refill sneak off to bathroom or refill at lunch break

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kind off topic,kind of not but I was wondering if a dehumidifier would help any.
I mostly vape in my small bedroom and it lingers for some time even with multiple fans running.
Maybe OP could run a small one under their desk and I could keep the OL from saying the bedroom looks like a pub in the mid 80's.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kind off topic,kind of not but I was wondering if a dehumidifier would help any.
I mostly vape in my small bedroom and it lingers for some time even with multiple fans running.
Maybe OP could run a small one under their desk and I could keep the OL from saying the bedroom looks like a pub in the mid 80's.
That visible vapors not really an issue. I use 100% pg in the office and hold my hits in. There's no visible vapor.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been vaping in my office for a month or so, good thing is the only people that would care is the ones that have gone to the dark side, but offices for them cubicles for us. I have a little monitor stand and the leg of it is the same size as my VS so they can't see it at the angle it is sitting. I hit it like mad on Saturdays just cause the only super on duty is cool. But the other days I just have to keep an eye out. But so far 8 coworkers have quit and went to vaping:) That hammer mod with the derringer is super cool!!!!

VU Sponsors