Become a Patron!

Extensively picky smoker looking to move to vaping, requests wisdom of the masses

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've vaped about 60ml since your first post. I'm shooting for 300 before you get your first ecig. ;)
Thanks for the support, i guess. And that's bound to hit 600 before i get one, at the rate you're running through it.
Since i need to order from china, and most big retailers there are anyways shut down till 4th Feb because of festivities of the chinese new year.

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Grats on the choice to pursue vaping. I hope you find you like it. I'm also in software dev, and a hobbyist hardware engineer, so have a similar perspective. I am a big fan of the DNA chips. They have great software with more control than any mod out there. Quite hackable if you know what you're doing. Evolve is a great company IMO. I personally like the Lavabox (I've been a Volcano fanboy since shortly after they started selling online), but I suspect anything reputable with this chip will be toward the top of the heard. I assume the device advice is what most people are going to give you though, so I'll stop there and move to the real reason I wanted to reply.

I've turned a lot of folks onto ecigs and without exception, we've all gone through the same thing. With a cigarette the nic has a very direct path to your bloodstream. The time it takes from when you inhale your first cig drag to where the nic level satisfies that craving is a few seconds or less. It's a very immediate reward mechanism. Ecigs are different. It can take a while for your nic levels to rise. If I recall correctly it's around 5-15 min. The result is that by the time you want a cigarette, you're going to be past the point where the vape is going to give you the immediate satisfaction that a cig would. Vaping for cig replacement is more a game of getting the levels up there and then maintaining them through the day, which takes some trial and error to get used to and find what works best for you. I personally think this is one of the big reasons people aren't able to quit with ecigs, but I also think knowing about it makes it easier to tolerate while you are figuring out what works. It will likely take some willpower, you still need to be motivated to quit. Lots of us tried to quit many times unsuccessfully, but were able to with ecigs, so do have faith that the ecig can make it significantly easier.

Note that this only lasts a month or so. Your body will get used to the new delivery mechanism and won't be keyed into the immediate reward anymore. You'll still be addicted to nic (go a day without and you'll know that to be true), but you'll have altered the way it manifests itself. The last cig I touched was in 2011, after a year of exclusively vaping, and it was disgusting. It was a great feeling to be able to call a cigarette disgusting!

Edit: You mentioned it feeling like a cig, so try starting with one of the cig-a-likes (blue, volcano magma, etc). They won't get recommended here as much because at some point you end up over cigs completely and it becomes about the vapor, and from a vapor perspective the cig-a-likes are kinda the Yugo where the VV/VW and mechs are the Porche, but for cig replacement and minimizing the habits and muscle memory that has to be adjusted, it may be what you need. Once you're a few months in and to the point where cigs are disgusting (or close to it), you may find you're more interested in a premium device.

Last edited:

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Grats on the choice to pursue vaping. I hope you find you like it. I'm also in software dev, and a hobbyist hardware engineer, so have a similar perspective. I am a big fan of the DNA chips. They have great software with more control than any mod out there. Quite hackable if you know what you're doing. Evolve is a great company IMO. I personally like the Lavabox (I've been a Volcano fanboy since shortly after they started selling online), but I suspect anything reputable with this chip will be toward the top of the heard. I assume the device advice is what most people are going to give you though, so I'll stop there and move to the real reason I wanted to reply.

I've turned a lot of folks onto ecigs and without exception, we've all gone through the same thing. With a cigarette the nic has a very direct path to your bloodstream. The time it takes from when you inhale your first cig drag to where the nic level satisfies that craving is a few seconds or less. It's a very immediate reward mechanism. Ecigs are different. It can take a while for your nic levels to rise. If I recall correctly it's around 5-15 min. The result is that by the time you want a cigarette, you're going to be past the point where the vape is going to give you the immediate satisfaction that a cig would. Vaping for cig replacement is more a game of getting the levels up there and then maintaining them through the day, which takes some trial and error to get used to and find what works best for you. I personally think this is one of the big reasons people aren't able to quit with ecigs, but I also think knowing about it makes it easier to tolerate while you are figuring out what works. It will likely take some willpower, you still need to be motivated to quit. Lots of us tried to quit many times unsuccessfully, but were able to with ecigs, so do have faith that the ecig can make it significantly easier.

Note that this only lasts a month or so. Your body will get used to the new delivery mechanism and won't be keyed into the immediate reward anymore. You'll still be addicted to nic (go a day without and you'll know that to be true), but you'll have altered the way it manifests itself. The last cig I touched was in 2011, after a year of exclusively vaping, and it was disgusting. It was a great feeling to be able to call a cigarette disgusting!

Edit: You mentioned it feeling like a cig, so try starting with one of the cig-a-likes (blue, volcano magma, etc). They won't get recommended here as much because at some point you end up over cigs completely and it becomes about the vapor, and from a vapor perspective the cig-a-likes are kinda the Yugo where the VV/VW and mechs are the Porche, but for cig replacement and minimizing the habits and muscle memory that has to be adjusted, it may be what you need. Once you're a few months in and to the point where cigs are disgusting (or close to it), you may find you're more interested in a premium device.
Wow, this repose is very much appreciated, I'm really glad you took the time to explain the psychological aspects of it. They are the most important, and are most often excluded from the perspective of a person looking to switch.
And you're definitely right, you do get my perspective. This has helped, and i thank you dearly for it.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Man, that whole monologue was like my ol daddy got out of his sofa and started yelling off at me. Haha, but i get the point you're making. As i mentioned before, i do wish to get out of it, and i bet i'll have to face some tough times because of it, however, as stated, i need something that won't break the cycle. Because that would be the key to getting off cigarettes, without getting off smoking, at least for me.
To that end, my biggest concern has been how well would and e-cig fit into my current cycle. Ofcourse i'll need to make concessions, but the portability of a cigarette pack and similarity to a cigarette draw isn't too much to ask for, is it?
I do get side-tracked, because there is so much turbulence in the market. In the past 2 -3 years, the vaping product industry has been moving very quickly, and responding well to the issues customers reported. Therefore, i need it to be a current product, because it will incorporate the issues people have faced in the past.
Beyond that i'm open to anything, any format, any company etc.
I'm simply trying to get a good push off.

And along the same lines that Snapdragon presented... don't start vaping, with ANY device, with the idea that vaping is going to make you quit smoking. It won't. The only thing that can make you quit smoking is your own desire and will -- vaping just makes it less painful. Not "completely painless," although for many, it was pretty close to that... there will be many issues that present, some of which have caused many would-be quitters to throw up their hands in rage and despair and go back to smoking full-time. Hardware issues, ejuice issues, withdrawal and weird symptom issues... quitting smoking is one of the hardest things a human can attempt... but vaping is probably the easiest way to smooth out the rough edges while you're doing it.

The best way to quit smoking via vaping is don't start vaping with the idea that it's a smoking cessation product, because it's not. It's a substitute, and a damn good one, but it's different from smoking in MANY ways, and even after you start vaping, it's going to take some time to get comfortable a) with vaping, and then b) with less and less and finally NO smoking -- trying to start vaping and immediately quit smoking all at once... not the easiest nor most successful for most to do it. I gradually transitioned over a month's time... some folks, it takes them years, while some apparently quit just from walking by a vape shop -- it's all up to what works for you. It may not work all at once... and that's not really from "physical addiction," it's more a matter that the brain is a 3 yr old brat and wants what it wants; you have to give it something it can be reasonably content with, to get it to turn loose of its habitual dependence on cigarettes.

Andria

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My pleasure! The psychology and physiology is so important, but you're right, it's often downplayed in relation to devices. We forget that nic is only a part of the addiction, there's loads of muscle memory, habits, and psychology at work as well. I could tell you were on the right track with that when you were talking about your cycle and how to fit this into it. That is a good place to start!

I noticed someone else mentioned the FSK chip (Hohm tech). From a tech point of view this is also a great chip. I'd say FSK and DNA are really the two top chips currently. Though I actually think the FSK G2 chip is superior to the DNA in a lot of regards, it doesn't seem designed with the developer in mind. I'm not aware of 3rd party mods using it, and it feels very proprietary. There is also no software config (unsure if the firmware even exposes the config through serial), and can tend to generalize groups of settings. The performance doesn't suffer, I love my Wrecker G2, but if you like to tinker at the hardware level or write custom firmware, the DNA chip is far superior.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My pleasure! The psychology and physiology is so important, but you're right, it's often downplayed in relation to devices. We forget that nic is only a part of the addiction, there's loads of muscle memory, habits, and psychology at work as well. I could tell you were on the right track with that when you were talking about your cycle and how to fit this into it. That is a good place to start!

I noticed someone else mentioned the FSK chip (Hohm tech). From a tech point of view this is also a great chip. I'd say FSK and DNA are really the two top chips currently. Though I actually think the FSK G2 chip is superior to the DNA in a lot of regards, it doesn't seem designed with the developer in mind. I'm not aware of 3rd party mods using it, and it feels very proprietary. There is also no software config (unsure if the firmware even exposes the config through serial), and can tend to generalize groups of settings. The performance doesn't suffer, I love my Wrecker G2, but if you like to tinker at the hardware level or write custom firmware, the DNA chip is far superior.
Totally agree about the G2. You'd be hard pressed to find a better board at that price point.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Man, that whole monologue was like my ol daddy got out of his sofa and started yelling off at me. Haha, but i get the point you're making. As i mentioned before, i do wish to get out of it, and i bet i'll have to face some tough times because of it, however, as stated, i need something that won't break the cycle. Because that would be the key to getting off cigarettes, without getting off smoking, at least for me.
To that end, my biggest concern has been how well would and e-cig fit into my current cycle. Ofcourse i'll need to make concessions, but the portability of a cigarette pack and similarity to a cigarette draw isn't too much to ask for, is it?
I do get side-tracked, because there is so much turbulence in the market. In the past 2 -3 years, the vaping product industry has been moving very quickly, and responding well to the issues customers reported. Therefore, i need it to be a current product, because it will incorporate the issues people have faced in the past.
Beyond that i'm open to anything, any format, any company etc.
I'm simply trying to get a good push off.
I'll be straight and to the point with you.
My wife is a MTL vapor, while I am a DL vapor.
For her it needs to be simple, durable, and the tank/coils have to be easy to work with.
She started with Kanger evod for a tank. Didn't like it because of spit back. Then I gave her an old Kanger Aero V2 which she used for a couple years.
Then I got her a pico kit with the melo tank. She liked it but the glass busted on me when I was unscrewing the tank to refill it. It pissed me off, so I threw the tank away, rather than order a different glass for it.
Now she has the GS Air tank. She is very happy with it, and so am I. it performs well for her, and offers a decent airflow selection. Coils seem to perform well and last longer than the dual coils in the Aero V2.

She prefers just changing coils, as opposed to rebuilding. I rebuild, but she doesn't want a tank like that. She also doesn't want to chance leaks, and that is something important to many people. When juice leaks onto your clothing (or her purse) it doesn't just blot off. You are wearing the wet spot until you wash the clothing. So your shirt or pants will look like hell all day unless you are carrying spare clothes with you.

Batteries are no issue for her either. I have chargers for them, so an internal battery mod isn't what she wants either. She had an original eGrip, and did NOT like it. Internal battery, and it had leaking issues. Besides it was a pain in the ass to fill and clean.

All the better mods, IMO, are changeable battery mods. Internals are ok, but certainly far less popular, so therefor, less R&D will be spent on them by companies producing devices. Some you can pass through vape, others you can't. Some changeable battery mods offer charging on board, but it isn't usually recommended even it is available other than emergencies. Carrying a spare battery or two is pretty easy, given the NICE cases offered lately.

So while you can keep going over the options, it's just as easy to pick one, and try it. Once you actually have a set up of some sort, you can go from there to decide what you want in the NEXT setup you buy. With vaping, the overwhelming majority have more than one set up, and some of us own dozens of them. It certainly is a much cheaper thing to do, than to smoke. And besides, if your set up dies, you need a back up to keep you away from smoking.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So while you can keep going over the options, it's just as easy to pick one, and try it. Once you actually have a set up of some sort, you can go from there to decide what you want in the NEXT setup you buy. With vaping, the overwhelming majority have more than one set up, and some of us own dozens of them. It certainly is a much cheaper thing to do, than to smoke. And besides, if your set up dies, you need a back up to keep you away from smoking.

This exactly. Someone really serious about getting and staying smoke-free needs to make it always easier to find something to vape, than to run to the store for cigarettes. You need a backup for your backup's backup!

If there is ANY IMAGINABLE excuse for smoking, the brain will find it and yammer it at you till you smoke just to make it shut the hell up!

So it really doesn't matter what one chooses FIRST... you can try it, and choose something entirely different, if you like, for your next purchase.

Andria

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All the better mods, IMO, are changeable battery mods. Internals are ok, but certainly far less popular, so therefor, less R&D will be spent on them by companies producing devices.

There are some technical issues with this to keep in mind. Higher wattage chips require different battery characteristics. Getting over 150W with two xx650's is going to be a challenge, and at some point the battery size and weight becomes a limiting factor (compare the number of single vs double vs larger avail on the market). Something like a DNA 200/250 is much more likely to have an integrated battery and is certainly popular and I think you'd have a hard case showing that they, or those implementing them, are less innovative than other developers.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are some technical issues with this to keep in mind. Higher wattage chips require different battery characteristics. Getting over 150W with two xx650's is going to be a challenge, and at some point the battery size and weight becomes a limiting factor (compare the number of single vs double vs larger avail on the market). Something like a DNA 200/250 is much more likely to have an integrated battery and is certainly popular and I think you'd have a hard case showing that they, or those implementing them, are less innovative than other developers.
While THAT may be true, NO ONE that is MTL is vaping at 150 watts. And any mod for MTL doesn't need to be anything more than a 75 watt device.

And as far as DNA being the head of vaping innovation, I don't believe that. Sure, escribe software gives you the ability to tweak your mod to function how you choose. But it's fiddlely. The vast majority of vapers just want something that can run different types of wire, with or without temp control. And there are MANY mod makers that fit the bill. While LIPO may be great, few of them are removable so you can keep on vaping, and LIPO's are also more dangerous to charge than most 18650's. There is cons and pros to both types of devices.

Buying a DNA device to MTL vape is akin to buying a semi tractor to pull your 4x6 single axle trailer. It's overkill by a long shot, and it looks dumb.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
While THAT may be true, NO ONE that is MTL is vaping at 150 watts. And any mod for MTL doesn't need to be anything more than a 75 watt device.

And as far as DNA being the head of vaping innovation, I don't believe that. Sure, escribe software gives you the ability to tweak your mod to function how you choose. But it's fiddlely. The vast majority of vapers just want something that can run different types of wire, with or without temp control. And there are MANY mod makers that fit the bill. While LIPO may be great, few of them are removable so you can keep on vaping, and LIPO's are also more dangerous to charge than most 18650's. There is cons and pros to both types of devices.

Buying a DNA device to MTL vape is akin to buying a semi tractor to pull your 4x6 single axle trailer. It's overkill by a long shot, and it looks dumb.
I agree with about every you said...
I swap between mtl and DTL...
When I mtl, I'm usually on an old provari or a mechanical mod. However, at times I use my dna250 vaporsharks or a flask167 for it as well. Yes, it's more finacky, but I've fine tuned and zeroed in my builds and settings to where it's a no brainier.
That said, I'm also a person that's been on the DNA/TC train since the first board; and, would never advise anyone who's not been to do so. There's just too many little hangups and pains in the ass with the patience to deal with. I would especially never recommend it to a noob. To anyone looking to get started plug n play is certainly best. Even after 4 years of vaping, when things don't go smoothly I still grab for something in straight power mode.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I MTL over 75w from time-to-time, and disagree with your opinion on the DNA, but mostly what you're saying is true. However, none of that really supports a claim that integrated batteries indicate poor R&D or are less popular.

Edit: and I just used the DNA as an example because it was the first ~200W mod that popped into my head. The vendor is unimportant. The wattage is (that and ohm's law).

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I guess for some newbies, keep it simple! There are too many factors with most of these high tech mods, plus they are expensive. I wouldn't want to invest a lot of money in tanks and mods that you may not like , because of weight, not easy or simple to use,doesn't feel like a cigarette, to throw up your hands and say vaping sucks! I see it from both sides- like why spend the money on say an AIO or similar when you will be looking to upgrade to your DNA mod a few months later, and the AIO sits on the shelf. But what happens when you buy your expensive DNA mod and great subΩ tank and say, "vaping is not for me". At least with something like the Juul or AIO, gas station ecigs, you can get your feet wet and not spend a lot of money and feels and acts similar to a cigarette for the most part, than vaping with a mod and tank, everyone is different, this is just my experience.
Besides your beginning newbie devices become back ups! Cigarettes will be calling your name, and for me I was not going to give myself any excuse to even have 1 cigarette.So easy to walk into any store and buy a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, but most of these same stores sell ecigs and liquids, granted not the best, but still better than to continue smoking cigarettes. I really wanted to stop smoking and bought the Mistic Bridge kits instead of cigarettes! Instant gratification, no waiting for weeks on vape mail to arrive.I gave myself 2 weeks to step down and finally quit cigarettes altogether!
Now over 2 years later I have so many mods and tanks and just started building and wicking my own coils, I am very comfortable and in love with vaping, and ordering vape mail, so much so that I can't even think about ever smoking cigarettes again, for me vaping is wonderful!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I MTL over 75w from time-to-time, and disagree with your opinion on the DNA, but mostly what you're saying is true. However, none of that really supports a claim that integrated batteries indicate poor R&D or are less popular.
Then look at sales.
By and large removable battery mods outsell fixed battery mods.

The vast majority of mods are also removable battery mods, that are coming out.

Look at sites that retail mods. The majority of the mods offered for sale, have removable batteries.

It doesn't matter what your opinion or mine is.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess for some newbies, keep it simple! There are too many factors with most of these high tech mods, plus they are expensive. I wouldn't want to invest a lot of money in tanks and mods that you may not like , because of weight, not easy or simple to use,doesn't feel like a cigarette, to throw up your hands and say vaping sucks! I see it from both sides- like why spend the money on say an AIO or similar when you will be looking to upgrade to your DNA mod a few months later, and the AIO sits on the shelf. But what happens when you buy your expensive DNA mod and great subΩ tank and say, "vaping is not for me". At least with something like the Juul or AIO, gas station ecigs, you can get your feet wet and not spend a lot of money and feels and acts similar to a cigarette for the most part, than vaping with a mod and tank, everyone is different, this is just my experience.
Besides your beginning newbie devices become back ups! Cigarettes will be calling your name, and for me I was not going to give myself any excuse to even have 1 cigarette.So easy to walk into any store and buy a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, but most of these same stores sell ecigs and liquids, granted not the best, but still better than to continue smoking cigarettes. I really wanted to stop smoking and bought the Mistic Bridge kits instead of cigarettes! Instant gratification, no waiting for weeks on vape mail to arrive.I gave myself 2 weeks to step down and finally quit cigarettes altogether!
Now over 2 years later I have so many mods and tanks and just started building and wicking my own coils, I am very comfortable and in love with vaping, and ordering vape mail, so much so that I can't even think about ever smoking cigarettes again, for me vaping is wonderful!

I agree. I was one of those who felt it was absolutely necessary for it to seem as much like a cigarette as possible... so I got an eRoll -- cigalike form factor, but rechargeable and fillable with one's own choice of ejuice. I discovered in about 3 wks' time that everyone was right, those batteries don't last long enough between charges to make it worthwhile; it becomes a huge pain in the ass.... so I upgraded to an entry-level pen style; a vv3 with T3S clearo -- immediate improvement! in flavor, in throat hit, and definitely in battery life and convenience. So it was less necessary to look and feel like a cigarette than I thought at first -- but I *was* right that I needed something similar in taste to my cigarettes, and though everyone said I'd never find it, I did find it -- MyFreedomSmokes' Virginia. I upgraded many times in my first 6 months as a vaper, but I stuck to that Virginia tobacco flavor for about 4-5 months, because it worked. But once I discovered sweet tasting vapes... man, I was DONE with tobacco flavor!

Andria

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed, I tell every noob that wants to quit, choose something plug n play until you feel the need to change.
Som; However, e go into it with the mindset of becoming a hobbyist, they have different needs, so a little more forethought is best.
Luckily we still have options so there's something for everyone

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then look at sales.
By and large removable battery mods outsell fixed battery mods.

The vast majority of mods are also removable battery mods, that are coming out.

Look at sites that retail mods. The majority of the mods offered for sale, have removable batteries.

It doesn't matter what your opinion or mine is.

I could say the same thing about a Ferrari, but that does not mean that Ferrari's suffer from a lack of R&D, are poorly made, or are unpopular.

I do not take issue with your educating people on the differences. I purely take issue with your statement that one can judge mod quality and or innovation of the vendor based on their choice of the most general of battery characteristics.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could say the same thing about a Ferrari, but that does not mean that Ferrari's suffer from a lack of R&D, are poorly made, or are unpopular.

I do not take issue with your educating people on the differences. I purely take issue with your statement that one can judge mod quality and or innovation of the vendor based on their choice of the most general of battery characteristics.

I agree. Innokin makes some of the best-quality AFFORDABLE mods you can buy -- the original Coolfire IV. Those things are TOUGH... and they have an integrated 2000mAh battery. They're still among the very best affordable mods that can be found, even with the various different flavors that Innokin has released of the Coolfire IV.

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I agree. I was one of those who felt it was absolutely necessary for it to seem as much like a cigarette as possible... so I got an eRoll -- cigalike form factor, but rechargeable and fillable with one's own choice of ejuice. I discovered in about 3 wks' time that everyone was right, those batteries don't last long enough between charges to make it worthwhile; it becomes a huge pain in the ass.... so I upgraded to an entry-level pen style; a vv3 with T3S clearo -- immediate improvement! in flavor, in throat hit, and definitely in battery life and convenience. So it was less necessary to look and feel like a cigarette than I thought at first -- but I *was* right that I needed something similar in taste to my cigarettes, and though everyone said I'd never find it, I did find it -- MyFreedomSmokes' Virginia. I upgraded many times in my first 6 months as a vaper, but I stuck to that Virginia tobacco flavor for about 4-5 months, because it worked. But once I discovered sweet tasting vapes... man, I was DONE with tobacco flavor!

Andria
You are so right Andria! To me above all else was the eliquid choices! I too wanted as close to a menthol cigarette and feel as possible. Mods and tanks were easy to upgrade to for me, but finding delicious eliquid was a whole other can of worms! I actually liked the Haus Cool Ice- but at 24 nic, way too much for me!
I went to the Vape shop and finally settled on some sweet candy flavors,cinnamon Fireball and man, tasted so good to me like candy without the chewing. I actually found flavors I liked! Took many months and wasted money on eliquids so gross, and really needed to taste some samples in another profile and get away from menthol tobacco flavor!
To me mods and tanks and coils turned out to be the easy part- but eliquids, took many months of trial and error and wasted money to find the right flavors,nic levels and VG/PG ratios to really enjoy vaping!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hopefully everyone here knows that I will bend over backwards to help one of our beloved "Noob's" pick up the best set of gear according to their finances, needs and wants.

I even specialise in the most "Bang for the Buck!

Heck, I will even tell you that you don't need a 200 watt mod.

I won't tell you that you need a tank that takes a coil that needs the minimum of 35 watts just to make vapor come out in enough quantity to piss off all the non vapers around you.

And believe it or not, I am still rooting for you!

To pick our something..................ANYTHING!

As I/We have suggested, lots of mods that seem to fid your needs,

And many of those will fit in basic shirt pockets.

You seem be permanently fixed in sticking stuff in tight jeans pockets.

Here is my best advice to you other than a specific mod and tank.

Plenty of advice you have already received,

A) Get a Shirt with a Pocket.

B) Get much looser jeans or even better yet cargo pants so it you still insist on sticking a mod and tank down there you will not blow your "Junk" off.

C) Get yourself a cellphone holster that will hold the mod of your dreams.

Dude, this is not a perfect world!

You just gotta go with what is available or invent your own new shit!!!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hopefully everyone here knows that I will bend over backwards to help one of our beloved "Noob's" pick up the best set of gear according to their finances, needs and wants.

I won't tell you that you need a tank that takes a coil that needs the minimum of 35 watts just to make vapor come out in enough quantity to piss off all the non vapers around you.

B) Get much looser jeans or even better yet cargo pants so it you still insist on sticking a mod and tank down there you will not blow your "Junk" off.

Or a fanny pack!!!
http://www.nj-vapor.com/bento-box-mod-case
29fe9892fea6a017550588588c5a0aa7.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Exactly- vaping can work if you put some effort into it! Everyone has different likes and dislikes, but to know that, we buy it and try it! If it is not what we want, we try something else, when I quit cigarettes by vaping, I didn't have all the choices that are out on the market now!
How does he carry a pack of cigarettes in a tight pant pocket? I know if I shoved a pack of cigarettes into my tight jeans, I would have broken the pack. Some cigalikes even come with a lanyard, or I wear a jacket or shirt with pockets that will hold my mod.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Exactly- vaping can work if you put some effort into it! Everyone has different likes and dislikes, but to know that, we buy it and try it! If it is not what we want, we try something else, when I quit cigarettes by vaping, I didn't have all the choices that are out on the market now!
How does he carry a pack of cigarettes in a tight pant pocket? I know if I shoved a pack of cigarettes into my tight jeans, I would have broken the pack. Some cigalikes even come with a lanyard, or I wear a jacket or shirt with pockets that will hold my mod.

Good point, a middle ground is needed.

Perhaps a Kilt and a Sporran?

th

Or just a Sporran over the tight jeans?

th

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

And I've been around long enough to know, Evolve almost went tits up. If It were not for selling China chips to put in mods, they would be toast. The DNA 40 almost took the company out.

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And I've been around long enough to know, Evolve almost went tits up. If It were not for selling China chips to put in mods, they would be toast. The DNA 40 almost took the company out.

You do realize that the vast majority of DNA 40 mods use removable 18650 batteries? You're not making a great case for why mod makers who integrate batteries are inferior.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You do realize that the vast majority of DNA 40 mods use removable 18650 batteries? You're not making a great case for why mod makers who integrate batteries are inferior.
Dude, put down the pipe.......

I said the DNA chip about went the way of the do-do.

You know what, never mind. You can't follow a conversation. I can't help that you are not following what I am saying. That's on you....

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude, put down the pipe.......

I said the DNA chip about went the way of the do-do.

You know what, never mind. You can't follow a conversation. I can't help that you are not following what I am saying. That's on you....

Here's a refresher on how this started:

You said: "Internals [batteries] are ok, but certainly far less popular, so therefor, less R&D will be spent on them by companies producing devices."

I said: "There are some technical issues with this to keep in mind. Higher wattage chips require different battery characteristics. Getting over 150W with two xx650's is going to be a challenge, and at some point the battery size and weight becomes a limiting factor (compare the number of single vs double vs larger avail on the market). Something like a DNA 200/250 is much more likely to have an integrated battery and is certainly popular and I think you'd have a hard case showing that they, or those implementing them, are less innovative than other developers."

I'm not sure why you are so fixated on the DNA. It's just one example of a chip that supports high wattage devices. There are plenty of other mods neck and neck with the DNA for high power. It's a stretch to say they aren't putting in the R&D that the others are. In fact evolve is about as bad an example I could think of if you want to argue companies with poor R&D since they basically were the first to implement the most recent major new feature that I'm aware of (TC). But again, I could care less how you feel about evolve, their business viability, or any particular incarnation of the DNA, as they aren't making decisions on what batteries mod builders use. In my mind this is all completely irrelevant to your original statement which I was responding to.

It's kinda funny that you say I can't follow the conversation, because I've been sitting here wondering why you keep bringing up all this DNA stuff that has nothing to do with the batteries. In the words of a man who can eat 50 eggs, "What we have here is a failure to communicate." :)

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something like a DNA 200/250 is much more likely to have an integrated battery and is certainly popular and I think you'd have a hard case showing that they, or those implementing them, are less innovative than other developers.

I'm not sure why you are acting like you didn't say you think DNA is such an innovator. You did claim as much.

Barring even considering evolve in the mod debate, one only needs to LOOK at what is actually selling and what is coming out. Internal battery mods ARE done in beginner mods and very FEW high end mods. By far the most common are the changeable battery mods. Wismec probably has topped the charts for single mod that sold the MOST devices in the Reulux. THAT is a 3 battery exchangeable mod. Everybody and their brother own one.

Are you really an innovator if what you make and sell, only draws very few people? Not in my book. In order for something to be innovative, it has to be something that most people want.

The person that developed and made the poop pillow, isn't an innovator in my book either. Who really wants a pillow that looks like a pile of shit? Or hey, how about the company that developed the bowling pin mod, or the wolf look a like mod? Were they innovators too?

Lol.... You have to sell something and have market wide appeal to be innovative.

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure why you are acting like you didn't say you think DNA is such an innovator. You did claim as much.

Barring even considering evolve in the mod debate, one only needs to LOOK at what is actually selling and what is coming out. Internal battery mods ARE done in beginner mods and very FEW high end mods. By far the most common are the changeable battery mods. Wismec probably has topped the charts for single mod that sold the MOST devices in the Reulux. THAT is a 3 battery exchangeable mod. Everybody and their brother own one.

Are you really an innovator if what you make and sell, only draws very few people? Not in my book. In order for something to be innovative, it has to be something that most people want.

The person that developed and made the poop pillow, isn't an innovator in my book either. Who really wants a pillow that looks like a pile of shit? Or hey, how about the company that developed the bowling pin mod, or the wolf look a like mod? Were they innovators too?

Lol.... You have to sell something and have market wide appeal to be innovative.

I keep using the term innovation because it's less grammatically awkward than R&D. Please keep in mind that I use the term in this context, which should answer questions like whether the graphic on a mod would be 'innovative'. Though it may have taken someone 30 years of life to dream up something like a 'poop pillow' (does this actually exist?), the R&D involved was probably fairly minimal and likely outsourced.

I didn't say I thought evolve was such an innovator, I said "I think you'd have a hard case showing that they, or those implementing them, are less innovative than other developers." Perhaps you interpreted that to mean that I thought they were the pinnacle of innovation and superior to all others, and if that was the case I shoulder the blame, I assure you that was not my intent. I think they keep up with the pack of high end mod makers and have remained relevant.

To extrapolate, I also like the FSK G2. It excels in some areas, and lags in others. In general they are quite different and I like both, and find them both to be innovative in different ways (as a developer I prefer the DNA, for TC vaping I prefer the FSK, for wattage they are a tossup but my lavabox is a lot lighter and easier to carry around). I suspect both chips required similar development efforts and probably were in the ballpark for R&D resources (though I don't know this, all I can go by is the outcome). One is lipo, the other is 2x18650 (and lower power). I never got the feeling that Hohm Tech has been all that successful. Volcano has been around for almost as long as I've been vaping (~2009/10), and has been quite successful.

Innovative doesn't always mean success, and success doesn't always come from innovation. Mcdonalds sells a lot of burgers, but I wouldn't call those burgers innovative. Perhaps their 'assembly' and procurement methods are innovative. Ferrari sells a relative handful of cars, but they are some of the best and most sought after cars in the world. Volcano sells a lot of lavaboxes, which makes them successful, but tells you nothing about whether they are innovative or not (I think they are, you may disagree).
I also don't think a company that has been through tough times is a sign of abject failure going forward. Apple is widely regarded to be a very innovative company, but for years they floundered and skirted bankruptcy. They certainly had failed products. There are bountiful examples of the same. (for the record, I dislike apple, just using them as an example because they are commonly cited in this context).

The wismec is a DNA, the same underlying tech as a lavabox with a lipo, which is why I originally found your dismissal of the underlying technology based on the battery so misleading (especially in a thread where the guy wants to fit the thing into tight jeans).

I'll believe that integrated batteries are dead when I can't buy mods with them anymore. Until then, I consider it conjecture.

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, if you guys dont carry them in your pockets, how do you get your nicotine fix through the day?

Hello and welcome, z3pHy2.

A few years ago I had a Motorola flip phone and the horizontal belt case I bought for that is big enough to hold a 2" box mod with short tank. With a wooden insert it fits the mod perfectly with just the drip tip poking out the front where I can use it to lift out the mod. For a back up I carry a Vision Spinner 400 and Aspire K1 tank in a regular cigarette case like the ones I carried for 46 years when I used to smoke.

Some people carry an eGo-type tubular mod on a lanyard around their neck.

Last August I bought a Vaporesso Guardian tank and it worked fine until December when the glass cracked after I squeezed it too hard trying to remove the "child-proof" top. The glass did not seem to be tempered or anything and I am fairly sure it would have cracked if I had carried it in a tight pocket.

After the glass cracked I discovered replacement tanks for the Guardian are not available so I retired the tank and bought a new Joyetech Cubis to replace it. That'll teach me to stick to the major name brands with good parts availability.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, with all the fanny tickling and DNA chip fights, this thread is really getting some color in it now xD

@UncleRJ and @AndriaD : I really appreciate your interest in my well being and the push for making a god damn choice already. And rest assured i really value your wisdom in this domain.

However, considering that the scientific community hasn't had enough time and evidence to study the long term effects of vaping, saying that it's "clearly less harmful" is a bit pre-mature. I understand my slow pace at selection can be frustrating for you, but it's just how i operate.

Additionally, i haven't yet been suggested a single device which fits my most important requirements. i.e. pocket portability without :bomb:, and RBAs for the tank.
Almost all devices won't fit in a tight-ish pocket. The whole reason i considered switching to vaping was the 'apparent' cigarette like convenience.

My status so far:
All joyetech devices: leaky/ spitback issues.
Aspire Odyssey mini kit: no RBA heads and box mod + tank combo (making it unreliable as a pocket mod)
Kanger: togo mini might work fine in the pocket, and has RBA heads. teeny tiny battery and juice tank and essentially unregulated, but i guess i can make that concession.
Vaporesso VECO One : tubular thingy, but short and stocky.. can work in a pocket.
Aspire PockeX : Same as above
Tesla AIO 70w: Looks like a weird bulbous affront to nature, but the spec sheet is nice.

Hello and welcome, z3pHy2.

A few years ago I had a Motorola flip phone and the horizontal belt case I bought for that is big enough to hold a 2" box mod with short tank. With a wooden insert it fits the mod perfectly with just the drip tip poking out the front where I can use it to lift out the mod. For a back up I carry a Vision Spinner 400 and Aspire K1 tank in a regular cigarette case like the ones I carried for 46 years when I used to smoke.

Some people carry an eGo-type tubular mod on a lanyard around their neck.

Last August I bought a Vaporesso Guardian tank and it worked fine until December when the glass cracked after I squeezed it too hard trying to remove the "child-proof" top. The glass did not seem to be tempered or anything and I am fairly sure it would have cracked if I had carried it in a tight pocket.

After the glass cracked I discovered replacement tanks for the Guardian are not available so I retired the tank and bought a new Joyetech Cubis to replace it. That'll teach me to stick to the major name brands with good parts availability.

This is super helpful. Thanks @Murray_B
The aspire K1 fit inside a cigarette case? * jaw, meets floor. Any other mods(hopefully not pen styles) that can fit inside a cigarette case? because that's exactly what im looking for.

It seems that for an on-the-go device cig-a-likes are quite popular as opposed to box mods.
I'd say even a mech would suffice then. since cig-a-likes and such tubular AIO kits most often are unregulated and just have a tank sitting on top. Do mechs have a bigger chance of blowing a hole in my thigh? ou may assume that im smart enough not to short it out on my first attempt.

To all who are getting impatient with my due diligence, i appreciate your assistance and efforts, but this is just how it is with me. I dont have the benefit of a friendly neighbourhood vape shop to ease me into it or to even get a feel for the mods, That would have helped tremendously, but alas. From images there's only so much i can gather. And eventually i'll probably have to cave and go for whatever's in front of me. but i'm in no real hurry.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When my wife and I first started vaping 4 years ago there wasn't very many choices of gear other than CE clearos, drippers and ego stick battery. The quality control was crap so it was a real hit and miss with having a consistent good vape, forcing me to research to why. My research led me to revamp and soon rebuild those clearos. Found a better atty, Kanger T3 so began to use and rebuild these for a while, researched that protank was the same as the T3 but held more juice. Bought protanks and then the PT2 and began using and rebuilding those for many many months. Once my rebuild skills and getting tired of refilling protanks I ventured to the Kayfun/Russian attys and liked those more than the protanks but my wife hated the kayfun fill screw so she stayed on the PT2 and I vaped kayfuns. I then found the kanger subtank mini with being larger capacity, easy RBA to rebuild and a more variance in builds I can put into the subtank. Now vaping subtanks for well over a year+ and having them work flawlessly for that time. Its going to take a hell of a atty to get me to shelve my subtanks.
Vaping has come a long way in the years I've been vaping making it a bit difficult(and expensive) to find your fav atty when there are so many good ones out there to choose from now. I have 4 years of shelved attys, old mech mods and even a couple ego stick batts that the progression of better vape gear has caused. My only real true "just got lucky" was some of my first DIY juices were Hangsen tobacs and still after 2 years of DIY, still vaping them daily with not wanting to vape any other companies tobac concentrates.
Don't feel bad if you don't find your pot of gold right away, there are many others who have spent oodles looking and still haven't found their happy place with vaping.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When my wife and I first started vaping 4 years ago there wasn't very many choices of gear other than CE clearos, drippers and ego stick battery. The quality control was crap so it was a real hit and miss with having a consistent good vape, forcing me to research to why. My research led me to revamp and soon rebuild those clearos. Found a better atty, Kanger T3 so began to use and rebuild these for a while, researched that protank was the same as the T3 but held more juice. Bought protanks and then the PT2 and began using and rebuilding those for many many months. Once my rebuild skills and getting tired of refilling protanks I ventured to the Kayfun/Russian attys and liked those more than the protanks but my wife hated the kayfun fill screw so she stayed on the PT2 and I vaped kayfuns. I then found the kanger subtank mini with being larger capacity, easy RBA to rebuild and a more variance in builds I can put into the subtank. Now vaping subtanks for well over a year+ and having them work flawlessly for that time. Its going to take a hell of a atty to get me to shelve my subtanks.
Vaping has come a long way in the years I've been vaping making it a bit difficult(and expensive) to find your fav atty when there are so many good ones out there to choose from now. I have 4 years of shelved attys, old mech mods and even a couple ego stick batts that the progression of better vape gear has caused. My only real true "just got lucky" was some of my first DIY juices were Hangsen tobacs and still after 2 years of DIY, still vaping them daily with not wanting to vape any other companies tobac concentrates.
Don't feel bad if you don't find your pot of gold right away, there are many others who have spent oodles looking and still haven't found their happy place with vaping.

Heh, that sounds like a great journey my friend. I'll get into DIY juices later, but it's definitely on the hit list.
P.S. I enjoy your writing style. "happy place with vaping" lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Almost all devices won't fit in a tight-ish pocket. The whole reason i considered switching to vaping was the 'apparent' cigarette like convenience.

It's actually more convenient than smoking, but in an entirely different way: given some suitable way of carrying it (shirt pocket, holster, man purse, etc), you can just pull it out and have a few hits anytime you feel like it -- no need to "put it out", it doesn't burn away, etc -- it's always available. Mine sits on my desk all the time, I just take a few hits when I feel like it, and set it back down -- it's sitting there waiting for the next time. I used to do that with cigarettes too, before I started smoking outdoors-only -- I wasted god knows how much money that way. Also, the lack of a strong odor makes it MUCH easier to sneak a vape, than to sneak a smoke -- I do it in most public restrooms. Of course, you need to use fairly high PG to be really stealthy; VG makes too much cloud, and there goes the stealth factor. :)

It seems that for an on-the-go device cig-a-likes are quite popular as opposed to box mods.
I'd say even a mech would suffice then. since cig-a-likes and such tubular AIO kits most often are unregulated and just have a tank sitting on top. Do mechs have a bigger chance of blowing a hole in my thigh? ou may assume that im smart enough not to short it out on my first attempt.

No, cigalikes aren't popular at all; it's just that some of us were hard-headed and stubborn and insisted on the cigarette form factor when we started; they're actually a HUGE pain in the ass, and not terribly satisfying. They don't hold much, either liquid juice or electric juice, so it's a constant round of recharge/refill, every 15 mins or so. Box mods are actually QUITE popular; don't know exactly what reasoning others have, but I like them because they don't fall over as easily as tube mods do. They're also not "phallic." ;)

Mechs are fiddly fiddly fiddly; sometimes the only way to figure out "why isn't this thing working?!?!!??!" is to take it all apart and put it back together and hope for the best. No electronics, no screen of helpful info; just a battery that powers an atomizer. For longevity, they're a good investment for the future, but for everyday use... meh. If you want something you can depend on when you're busy doing other stuff... mechs aren't it.

Andria

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do it in most public restrooms. Of course, you need to use fairly high PG to be really stealthy; VG makes too much cloud, and there goes the stealth factor

You sneaky sneaky girl.. :giggle:

No, cigalikes aren't popular at all; it's just that some of us were hard-headed and stubborn and insisted on the cigarette form factor when we started; they're actually a HUGE pain in the ass, and not terribly satisfying. They don't hold much, either liquid juice or electric juice, so it's a constant round of recharge/refill, every 15 mins or so. Box mods are actually QUITE popular; don't know exactly what reasoning others have, but I like them because they don't fall over as easily as tube mods do. They're also not "phallic." ;)

Mechs are fiddly fiddly fiddly; sometimes the only way to figure out "why isn't this thing working?!?!!??!" is to take it all apart and put it back together and hope for the best. No electronics, no screen of helpful info; just a battery that powers an atomizer. For longevity, they're a good investment for the future, but for everyday use... meh. If you want something you can depend on when you're busy doing other stuff... mechs aren't it.

Andria
Cheers be to the lady of the clouds.. :inlove:

And yeah, i hate the very looks of them cig-a-likes.. let alone the shoddy battery, juice capacity et al..

Btw, i have an announcement to make... I think i'm in love.. http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kit/aspire-kit375.html <-- Please click, and have a look and comment about it.
She's not the prettiest gal out there, but i think i'll love her all the same.
The whole mod, is 11 cm in height, that's mod + tank + drip tip.. :bunny: whoopeeee + 2000 mah. Will make a case or something for it so it can survive in the jeans i reckon.
BUT, (i know, i always have a but, bear with me please)
1. It has the aspire nautilus X tank (read somewhere it's not much compared to the triton mini/nautilus mini ) I wish someone would debunk this.
2. Can i get RBA heads for the aspire X .. it's got some new fangled U-coil tech.
3. Can this wick full VG ?
4. Which color would you like me to get xD

EDIT: Hold the papers !!! check out aspire's quad-flex kit.. OMFG

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You sneaky sneaky girl.. :giggle:

Betcherass. So damn sick of the smoke nazis, I'd like to choke 'em all! I think I carried on smoking for so long (39 yrs!) not just because I was hopelessly addicted, but just to piss off all those busybodies. :D What a plus, to realize that the smoke nazis hate vaping too. :) They just can't stand for anyone to enjoy ANYTHING. ;) Damned puritans should have been burnt at the stake instead of turned loose to come and poison the Americas.

Btw, i have an announcement to make... I think i'm in love.. http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kit/aspire-kit375.html <-- Please click, and have a look and comment about it.
She's not the prettiest gal out there, but i think i'll love her all the same.

I can't comment on that atomizer; only Nauti I've tried was the original, but since I dislike dual-coil setups, I really didn't like it, sold it immediately. But I've heard that Nauti's are great for MtL.

The mod should be fine; small, easily portable; 2000mAh should easily get you thru a workday; 30w is fine for any MtL vaping -- my most-fave mods that I use constantly are 30w or 40w; since I never go over 10w, 2000mAh lasts me a full day PLUS.

And don't forget... backups for your backup's backup!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And BTW.. it's really not premature at all to say that vaping is "clearly less harmful". Public Health England and the Royal College of Physicians have both stated that vaping is AT LEAST 95% safer than smoking.

There isn't a single thing in life that is without risk.

It's just that in America, there is a lot of money at stake, and the gov't, pharma, and "charitable" vampires can't abide the thought of people actually quitting smoking and thus stopping the vampires' gravy train.

Andria

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Additionally, i haven't yet been suggested a single device which fits my most important requirements. i.e. pocket portability without :bomb:, and RBAs for the tank.

I know you're not hot on the cig-a-likes, but thought you might want to glance at something like the Volcano Magma. There are a few similar products out there, cigalikes in a cig pack sized case that holds extra juice carts and charges your device for you. If you did ok with your cig pack in your pocket, you could certainly handle one of these, and they should be able to handle the stresses of tight jeans (you could sit on them, probably stand on them as well).

Again, it would work well to use for 2-6 months while you got over the cigs, and from there you could branch out to higher powered more configurable devices. That requirement is a hard one, so you're likely going to have to compromise a lot on your list to get something that is going to work with you garb. This may be one of the few options that really fills it well. Anything with a true tank is going to be a problem. I have never actually owned a tank that didn't leak at one time or another, and the closest mine get to a pocket is a shirt pocket. In tight jeans, you're basically asking for trouble with a tank.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know you're not hot on the cig-a-likes, but thought you might want to glance at something like the Volcano Magma. There are a few similar products out there, cigalikes in a cig pack sized case that holds extra juice carts and charges your device for you. If you did ok with your cig pack in your pocket, you could certainly handle one of these, and they should be able to handle the stresses of tight jeans (you could sit on them, probably stand on them as well).

Again, it would work well to use for 2-6 months while you got over the cigs, and from there you could branch out to higher powered more configurable devices. That requirement is a hard one, so you're likely going to have to compromise a lot on your list to get something that is going to work with you garb. This may be one of the few options that really fills it well. Anything with a true tank is going to be a problem. I have never actually owned a tank that didn't leak at one time or another, and the closest mine get to a pocket is a shirt pocket. In tight jeans, you're basically asking for trouble with a tank.

Thanks for the consideration. I gave it a lookee-loo and while the looks and form factor may be in order, i'm certain the quality of the vape won't be, not to mention having to buy entire cartridges instead of just the coils.
Also did some more research on the nauti X ... It's been mouthed off quite a few times so far.. :'(

And don't forget... backups for your backup's backup!
Love ya Andria :) i'll keep that in mind. As for the 95% talk, i know it's safer, the combustion factor alone accounts for a large portion of making this a better option, but i hope to get off nic entirely.. someday...

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
This is very similar to the Aspire, just 20w more power and a nice review by our very own Smokie, Heaven Gifts had a recent contest giving some kits away and thought this looked really nice. Takes Kanger OCC coils that I use in my Nebox, love those and I use 20pg/80vg liquids no problem! The Kanger coils are cheap and easy to get!

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the consideration. I gave it a lookee-loo and while the looks and form factor may be in order, i'm certain the quality of the vape won't be, not to mention having to buy entire cartridges instead of just the coils.
Also did some more research on the nauti X ... It's been mouthed off quite a few times so far.. :'(

Love ya Andria :) i'll keep that in mind. As for the 95% talk, i know it's safer, the combustion factor alone accounts for a large portion of making this a better option, but i hope to get off nic entirely.. someday...

Nic won't hurt you -- it's probably the LEAST dangerous thing you can get from a cigarette; and you'll probably find yourself naturally needing less and less, as time goes by -- unlike every other so-called addictive drug out there -- which says to me, it's not really addictive at all, with a "decreasing tolerance" factor. But it might help protect you from dementia, Alzheimers, Parkinson's, and a lot of other bad things that can go wrong with the brain, and some autoimmune problems, too. The vampires don't want that to be known, because then BP wouldn't sell trillions of dollars worth of dangerous snake oil. ;)

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Vapresso target mini- very tiny and the tank looks protected, a few here have this kit! I do not own this , but looks so so tiny!

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
A tiny tube of paper filled with tobacco, and a few thousand extra chemicals, is good enough for you, but you need a device that meets a few paragraphs of specifications...Sounds to me like you're not really ready to take that first steps

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A tiny tube of paper filled with tobacco, and a few thousand extra chemicals, is good enough for you, but you need a device that meets a few paragraphs of specifications...Sounds to me like you're not really ready to take that first steps

Just getting oneself ready to do it is the hardest part. :) It's all about convincing that 3 yr old brat (a/k/a the brain) that the sky won't fall.

Andria

VU Sponsors