Become a Patron!

Extensively picky smoker looking to move to vaping, requests wisdom of the masses

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey folks i'm a newb here looking for a starter kit/ starter combo that can help me enter cigarette free vape heaven. Hope you can suffer through my extensive doubts and questions and perhaps point a direction i should take. While I am new to this, i am a quick study and have jotted down an extensive set of requirements and device options. With your assistance, i hope other newbies will also be able to use this to make their choices.

A bit about me:
I have been scouring the web for the past week and thanks to this forum and many like it, i have certainly learnt a lot about how to get into vaping.
First up, screw those sold out youtube reviewers. Can't trust any reviews now :(
I'v done a lot of my own research but thanks to all that info swirling around like a vape cloud in my head, i am completely lost as to what to start off with. On one hand i love the idea of simple mech mods like karma kit and and the amazing array of designs they come in, and on the other hand i also want the ability to regulate it, since it's my first mod and i want the safely experiment with different coils and builds.

Where i live, i don't have access to full-scale Vape shops and hence the added confusion because of not getting to know exactly how a mod will look and feel and will it be portable enough.
I'm a 10-12 lights a day smoker and looking to replace my pack of cigarettes with one of these.
But i think as a new vaper trying to move out of analogs, the most important thing would be to find something that allows me to adhere to my smoking ritual. And to me, that will probably end up being the deciding factor.

Im a computer programmer by trade, so if there are firmwares we can tweak on our own i'd be very interested. Also this means that a mod that lets me safely charge through a laptop usb cable is preferable.
Will be ordering through FT or some chinese site. <Deals/ offers/ links appreciated>

My requirements in order of weightage i give to them:
(higher weightage requirements supercede any lower weightage drawbacks)
0: Should produce vapor slightly more than a cigarette, and great flavor, slight throat hit, and consistent vapor that can be rolled around a bit in the mouth.
1. Portable - Durable : [This mod will be my daily driver,(i intend to replace my cig pack with this) it needs to sit in my jeans pocket, where it can get pretty tight, get pressed on when i am walking / running and survive....
A mod that looks sleek and good also helps a lot. (my aesthetic sense leans towards the noisy cricket II)
- With box mods, i'm afraid the pressures might wear out the threads or even tear the tank right off the box while in my pocket.
- But with thick pen mods, i don't want it to look like my pocket is excited to meet you, also the fear that they might snap in half. ]
- So, AIOs are the only ones that seem monolithic enough to survive so far. [Open to suggestions on mod form factor]
2. A fantastic MTL out of the box - requiring a change of coils/RBA is no issue. [I want something that will serve the purpose of getting me off cigarettes and at the same time, pull me in closer by offering exploration of building decks(to replace the activity of rolling cigarettes) and DL vaping]
3. Easy to refill
4. RBAs available :
since i want this experience to be fun, and economical to boot. (preferably packaged in the kit)
5. Ideally a 3+ ml Tank, with no leak issues. [again, since it's gonna be my daily pocket vape. Can a < 3ml last a full day on an mtl build based on my smoking habits? ]
6. Modern : New mods have improved feature sets, that i'd like to have. : TC (Ni200, SS ..) , VW / VV , puff counter, upgradeable firmware etc.
7. If possible, allows me to explore a variety of tanks through a threaded 510, and good RDTA connectivity.

Here are the top options i have in mind so far
and my gripes with them. [fair warning im picky and difficult to shop for, but if anyone can help me, i know it's going to be you guys.]
Will edit this list based on the feedback.

AIOs
eGrip VT : Low powered box with temp (Ni, Ti [no SS]) + RBA head

Good: 1, 2 (with right coils), 3 [separate hatch for liquid filling.], 4 [RBA available], 5 [ 3.6 ml tank]
Bad: 6[pretty old, launched Dec 2015, airflow control is a tiny screw, tank opens both ends and other older issues],7, 5[can leak, because well, the tank is open on both ends]

Eleaf Aster Total : My current front runner, despite the obvious shortcomings.

Good : 1 [Big ass 1, looks to have the perfect simplicity and robustness, for carrying in the pocket everyday]. 2 [reviews have said it's great for MTL]. 3 [Easy peesy, does not require plunger action for refilling, but still needed when inserting coil.], and CHEAP $$$
Bad: 4 [still looking for RBAs for this], 5 [just a 2 ml tank], 6,7 [customization looks like a distant dream with the limited wattage, only automatic TC mode, no adjustments.]

joyeTech eGrip 2 : Was a front runner thanks to loads of features and a decent internal battery, till i read about all the horrendous spitback issues. 1 mil+ results on "egrip 2 spitback"
Good: 1,3,4,5,6,7 : Mtl is also fine since it comes with a +Ohm coil too but nothing compared to Tritons i guess.
Bad: Spitback because of the silly deep plunger design. Yes i can use other tanks on it with the adapter, but that defeats the purpose of it being AIO, and there are better options in that.

Aspire Plato : Main gripe: fiddly seeming tank.
Good : 1[great form factor for the pocket],2 (with triton 1.8 coils) , 4 [not sure about RBA availability], 5[ample capacity in tank]
Bad: 3, remove case, open fiddly stopper, pour liquid w/dropper -> hassle! 6 [pretty old device now], 7 [no 510 thread for attaching tanks (but i can live with that)], The tank and plunger coil system seems too fiddly. The tank just pops out when you remove the coil head.5[ have my doubts about the tank's durability]

Cupti : Awesome reviews about it. Main gripe: plunger system coil(read: spitback chances) + kinda old now + no TC wattage control
Good: 1,3,4 [CLRBA] , 5
bad: 2 [not sure about it's MTL performance] , 6 [no wattage control on TC mode], 7 [no 510 thread for attaching tanks (but i can live with that)]

Box mod + Tank combos: Only issue i have is that it may break in the pocket since the structure isn't monolithic, weakest failing point would be the threading between the box and the atty. Not to mention, if we come to this format, there are just a huge array of options available.

Nautilus mini/nautilus X/triton mini(tank) with eleaf pico (box mod) : Highly reputed combo, Nautilus tanks are awesome for MTL. Main issue is the fear of how it'll be when in my pocket.

Good: 2,3,4[not sure],7
Bad: 1[separate tank and box, fear of breaking in the pocket]
---Similar options ---
Aspire Odyssey mini kit, (comes with triton mini tank, no RBAs for it :\ )
SMOK Knight Kit, with koopor mini 2.
Kanger Subbox Mini kit, comes with pre-built coils and an RBA coil.
SMOK AL85 : Little brother of the SMOK alien : Looks beautiful! but only comes with the TFV8 baby beast tank which is essentially a sub-ohm tank. There is an RBA deck available for it though.

--- ---

Tesla Stealth Mod (Box mod) with side-by-side tank (Nautilus mini/triton/aerotank): The only off putting thing about this was that some tanks would have air flow issues. Also, bigger tanks wont fit. And looks like something that'll be difficult to hold and use.
Good: 1 [looks sturdy and compact. But a bit odd looking to be vaping on, in public, tbh.],2,3,4,5,6[well, modern-ish],7
Bad: just the yet unknown possibility of it being uncomfortable to hold and use.

Reuleaux RX75, Semi side-by-side box. Same issue, still not monolithic. but also, this box seems a lot larger than the others. Add to that the basic design problem with side-by-side setups, many tanks would have their airflow restricted by it.

Next steps:
- If you own one of these devices, please rate them based on your experience on the criterion i have mentioned. [1 to 7]
- If you can recommend options not listed here which fulfill the requirements, please comment about them and how they match up to the criterion listed and i'll add them in the list.

TIA

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all...................

WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND!:stars2:

Others, Many, MANY others will be joining in to give their opinions if you just give them some time.

Just a few initial thoughts from me.

Get a mod that accepts 18650 batteries that you can charge externally and swap out yourself as well as charge in the mod.
Don't skimp on the batteries. Me I like the LG 20 amp 3000 mAh batteries.
Get a good charger. I prefer the Xtar Chargers

Not sure to what mod I would suggest for cramming in tight jeans. Sure as hell not a mech!

If you had said, shirt pocket, I could give you a long list!

E-:Liquid, I would suggest starting out with a 50/50 mix at 18mg of nic since you smoke the lights. Don't know about rolling vapor around in your mouth though. Also keep in mind that Tobacco Flavors are the hardest to get right. Keep other flavor profiles in mind.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you need additional help.

Even if I am one of those "Reviewers".

But at least I only do written reviews:D

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not sure to what mod I would suggest for cramming in tight jeans. Sure as hell not a mech!
If you had said, shirt pocket, I could give you a long list!

This is super important!!!!

Finding a mod that will hold up being stuffed in tight pants pocket will be a serious challenge

And definitely, welcome :wave:

Nautilus mini/nautilus X/triton mini(tank) with eleaf pico (box mod) : Highly reputed combo, Nautilus tanks are awesome for MTL. Main issue is the fear of how it'll be when in my pocket.

This combo is a proven winner for new MTL vapers.

You might want to consider a mod holder that would clip onto your belt or something.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome
I'm going to second uncle RJ

Being that you have described yourself as picky, and want a large feature set my only question would be what do want to spend

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm probably the pickiest mtl vaper out here. I have never found a great mtl tank in nearly 7 years of vaping. The only mtl satisfaction I get is with an rda that has a 1.2 mm or smaller air hole, 13 or 14 mm diameter chamber. The draw must be tight to create air pressure. The best mtl vape I get is with my trusty old Reo with a Vicious Ant Cyclone. Glad I still have a few tiny RDA's. They're not easy to find these days.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have been giving this some additional thought.

10-12 Stinkies a day?

Not much of a mod needed at all!

When I started vaping, I was smoking those Gawd Awful $1 per pack menthol cigar things at 30 per day!

And the "Bird" is right, how much do you want to spend?

We are a full service vaping family/community and will do our best for you.

Still very worried that you want to stick a mod of any type into you short's so to speak.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm probably the pickiest mtl vaper out here. I have never found a great mtl tank in nearly 7 years of vaping. The only mtl satisfaction I get is with an rda that has a 1.2 mm or smaller air hole, 13 or 14 mm diameter chamber. The draw must be tight to create air pressure. The best mtl vape I get is with my trusty old Reo with a Vicious Ant Cyclone. Glad I still have a few tiny RDA's. They're not easy to find these days.
try a genny...it's my answer to all vaping questions.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey folks i'm a newb here looking for a starter kit/ starter combo that can help me enter cigarette free vape heaven. Hope you can suffer through my extensive doubts and questions and perhaps point a direction i should take. While I am new to this, i am a quick study and have jotted down an extensive set of requirements and device options. With your assistance, i hope other newbies will also be able to use this to make their choices.

A bit about me:
I have been scouring the web for the past week and thanks to this forum and many like it, i have certainly learnt a lot about how to get into vaping.
First up, screw those sold out youtube reviewers. Can't trust any reviews now :(
I'v done a lot of my own research but thanks to all that info swirling around like a vape cloud in my head, i am completely lost as to what to start off with. On one hand i love the idea of simple mech mods like karma kit and and the amazing array of designs they come in, and on the other hand i also want the ability to regulate it, since it's my first mod and i want the safely experiment with different coils and builds.

Where i live, i don't have access to full-scale Vape shops and hence the added confusion because of not getting to know exactly how a mod will look and feel and will it be portable enough.
I'm a 10-12 lights a day smoker and looking to replace my pack of cigarettes with one of these.
But i think as a new vaper trying to move out of analogs, the most important thing would be to find something that allows me to adhere to my smoking ritual. And to me, that will probably end up being the deciding factor.

Im a computer programmer by trade, so if there are firmwares we can tweak on our own i'd be very interested. Also this means that a mod that lets me safely charge through a laptop usb cable is preferable.
Will be ordering through FT or some chinese site. <Deals/ offers/ links appreciated>

My requirements in order of weightage i give to them:
(higher weightage requirements supercede any lower weightage drawbacks)
0: Should produce vapor slightly more than a cigarette, and great flavor, slight throat hit, and consistent vapor that can be rolled around a bit in the mouth.
1. Portable - Durable : [This mod will be my daily driver,(i intend to replace my cig pack with this) it needs to sit in my jeans pocket, where it can get pretty tight, get pressed on when i am walking / running and survive....
A mod that looks sleek and good also helps a lot. (my aesthetic sense leans towards the noisy cricket II)
- With box mods, i'm afraid the pressures might wear out the threads or even tear the tank right off the box while in my pocket.
- But with thick pen mods, i don't want it to look like my pocket is excited to meet you, also the fear that they might snap in half. ]
- So, AIOs are the only ones that seem monolithic enough to survive so far. [Open to suggestions on mod form factor]
2. A fantastic MTL out of the box - requiring a change of coils/RBA is no issue. [I want something that will serve the purpose of getting me off cigarettes and at the same time, pull me in closer by offering exploration of building decks(to replace the activity of rolling cigarettes) and DL vaping]
3. Easy to refill
4. RBAs available :
since i want this experience to be fun, and economical to boot. (preferably packaged in the kit)
5. Ideally a 3+ ml Tank, with no leak issues. [again, since it's gonna be my daily pocket vape. Can a < 3ml last a full day on an mtl build based on my smoking habits? ]
6. Modern : New mods have improved feature sets, that i'd like to have. : TC (Ni200, SS ..) , VW / VV , puff counter, upgradeable firmware etc.
7. If possible, allows me to explore a variety of tanks through a threaded 510, and good RDTA connectivity.

Here are the top options i have in mind so far
and my gripes with them. [fair warning im picky and difficult to shop for, but if anyone can help me, i know it's going to be you guys.]
Will edit this list based on the feedback.

AIOs
Eleaf Aster Total : My current front runner, despite the obvious shortcomings.

Good : 1 [Big ass 1, looks to have the perfect simplicity and robustness, for carrying in the pocket everyday]. 2 [reviews have said it's great for MTL]. 3 [Easy peesy, does not require plunger action for refilling, but still needed when inserting coil.], and CHEAP $$$
Bad: 4 [still looking for RBAs for this], 5 [just a 2 ml tank], 6,7 [customization looks like a distant dream with the limited wattage, only automatic TC mode, no adjustments.]

joyeTech eGrip 2 : Was a front runner thanks to loads of features and a decent internal battery, till i read about all the horrendous spitback issues. 1 mil+ results on "egrip 2 spitback"
Good: 1,3,4,5,6,7 : Mtl is also fine since it comes with a +Ohm coil too but nothing compared to Tritons i guess.
Bad: Spitback because of the silly deep plunger design. Yes i can use other tanks on it with the adapter, but that defeats the purpose of it being AIO, and there are better options in that.

Aspire Plato : Main gripe: fiddly seeming tank.
Good : 1[great form factor for the pocket],2 (with triton 1.8 coils) , 4 [not sure about RBA availability], 5[ample capacity in tank]
Bad: 3, remove case, open fiddly stopper, pour liquid w/dropper -> hassle! 6 [pretty old device now], 7 [no 510 thread for attaching tanks (but i can live with that)], The tank and plunger coil system seems too fiddly. The tank just pops out when you remove the coil head.5[ have my doubts about the tank's durability]

Cupti : Awesome reviews about it. Main gripe: plunger system coil(read: spitback chances) + kinda old now + no TC wattage control
Good: 1,3,4 [CLRBA] , 5
bad: 2 [not sure about it's MTL performance] , 6 [no wattage control on TC mode], 7 [no 510 thread for attaching tanks (but i can live with that)]

Box mod + Tank combos: Only issue i have is that it may break in the pocket since the structure isn't monolithic, weakest failing point would be the threading between the box and the atty. Not to mention, if we come to this format, there are just a huge array of options available.

Good: 2,3,4[not sure],7
Bad: 1[separate tank and box, fear of breaking in the pocket]
---Similar options ---
Aspire Odyssey mini kit,
SMOK Knight Kit, with koopor mini 2.
Kanger Subbox Mini kit, comes with pre-built coils and an RBA coil.

--- ---

Tesla Stealth Mod (Box mod) with side-by-side tank (Nautilus mini/triton/aerotank): The only off putting thing about this was that some tanks would have air flow issues. Also, bigger tanks wont fit. And looks like something that'll be difficult to hold and use.
Good: 1 [looks sturdy and compact. But a bit odd looking to be vaping on, in public, tbh.],2,3,4,5,6[well, modern-ish],7
Bad: just the yet unknown possibility of it being uncomfortable to hold and use.

Reuleaux RX75, Semi side-by-side box. Same issue, still not monolithic. but also, this box seems a lot larger than the others.

Next steps:
- If you own one of these devices, please rate them based on your experience on the criterion i have mentioned. [1 to 7]
- If you can recommend options not listed here which fulfill the requirements, please comment about them and how they match up to the criterion listed and i'll add them in the list.

TIA
look at squonking.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Thank the lord that cramming a mod in a jeans is as uncommon as it seemed to me. I was starting to think i must have missed something.
I had hoped this would be logical evolution of the product. Aster total is a nice step in that direction.(but tbh, it could use an aesthetic overhaul)

Squonking was going to be the next addition to my list. i love the concept.. pico squonk could be a good starting point there, my problem with that is, i'd rather not jump into building my own coils right away.[mostly because im afraid the effort will put me off enough to fall off the wagon]

As for how much im willing to shell out i'd say 50-60 $ range has some decent products i like already, so there abouts. And towards that goal, i'm willing to compromise to some degree on my other requirements but robust and portable is number 1.

So, if you guys dont carry them in your pockets, how do you get your nicotine fix through the day?

Dude, just reading that sounds awesome. Would love to build my own setup to that point.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Thank the lord that cramming a mod in a jeans is as uncommon as it seemed to me. I was starting to think i must have missed something.
I had hoped this would be logical evolution of the product. Aster total is a nice step in that direction.(but tbh, it could use an aesthetic overhaul)

Squonking was going to be the next addition to my list. i love the concept.. pico squonk could be a good starting point there, my problem with that is, i'd rather not jump into building my own coils right away.[mostly because im afraid the effort will put me off enough to fall off the wagon]

As for how much im willing to shell out i'd say 50-60 $ range has some decent products i like already, so there abouts. And towards that goal, i'm willing to compromise to some degree on my other requirements but robust and portable is number 1.

So, if you guys dont carry them in your pockets, how do you get your nicotine fix through the day?

Dude, just reading that sounds awesome. Would love to build my own setup to that point.
Usually I Carry a dual battery mod during the day with an RDA and a 30ml bottle of juice.
If I carry a single battery mod, I keep a pair of spare batts with me.
Also, i rarely carry tanks; unless I know I'll be on the road alot that day. - but I'm more of a dripper dl guy by day and I vape mtl in the evening while relaxing

To the tanks, I never used the pre made coils much. I went to rebuildables 2 weeks into vaping.

But.... For someone wanting to start at that price range with alot of features I would suggest the evic dual.
It's a single battery mod with the option of expanding to two batteries and it has a great board. The 510 has been the subject of some debate lately; but, my girlfriend has 5 of those mods and neither of us have issues with them.
Myself, I use either dna, provape or mechmods.
For a tank, with a good mtl rebuildable I would look at the Cthulhu mtl. For a good mtl tank, with rebuildable coils, I would suggest the aspire Nautilus or the endura by innokin, both are good mtl tanks, that have a great track record.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

building ain't no big thing you don't need all this crazy shit..claptons and staples, and aliens, and what not....just wrap some wire around a drill bit.....and you can get an excellent vape....besides nowdays you can buy coils.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The Joyetech eGrip OLED or the VT is very small and could easily fit into a jean pocket.
https://www.directvapor.com/premium-mods/joyetech-egrip-oled-cl-kit.html
The eLeaf Basic kit is also very small and could fit in a pocket
https://www.directvapor.com/premium-mods/eleaf-istick-basic.html
I have used all of these and still my favorite is the Kanger Nebox, mine does not leak, and I use this daily! This is too big to fit in a jean pocket though.
https://www.vaporworld.biz/back-in-stock/kanger-nebox-kit/
I quit a 30+ year smoking habit with vaping, I started with the Mistic Bridge kits and Haus eliquids and cartridges from Walgreens, and used those for many months before buying really nice gear.I wanted to make sure vaping would work for me before investing a lot of money into it. The hardest thing vaping for me was eliquids, none of them tasted like a burning cigarette. I started getting fruit flavors and candy flavors, when I stopped searching for the perfect tobacco flavor, really helped. Go to a Vape shop and try liquids before you buy.
Best of Luck- vaping has worked for me, but you will need will power too, I set a quit date and dual used for a few weeks, until that date, and have not even had or craved a cigarette since!

zlowly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i think about a mini box mod, Evic mini might be something that could fit in your pocket (not some tight jeans pocket.)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No offense, but it seems you're overthinking this. How do you know you'll like vaping? You won't until you try it. In the last 3 months I've seen 4 colleagues try it for a time and give it up. Their main gripe was it was too much work. Maybe buying a simple e-go kit will be the way to go. If you like it, and give up the cigarettes, then vaping will only get better as you graduate to mods. Then you can move on to DIY. And if you're putting this much time and energy into just thinking about vaping, you're going to fall to the center of the earth. :gaah:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
No offense, but it seems you're overthinking this. How do you know you'll like vaping? You won't until you try it. In the last 3 months I've seen 4 colleagues try it for a time and give it up. Their main gripe was it was too much work. Maybe buying a simple e-go kit will be the way to go. If you like it, and give up the cigarettes, then vaping will only get better as you graduate to mods. Then you can move on to DIY. And if you're putting this much time and energy into just thinking about vaping, you're going to fall to the center of the earth. :gaah:
Yes you are so right, though I have never used these I read good things about the Juul or Von Erl, just snap in a pod and vape! Keep it simple in the beginning. These would definitely fit in a jean pocket.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to the forum z3pHy2:
Picky?? I'm one of the worst picky there is out there from the brand of cigs I used to smoke to the beer I drink and the food I eat. I rarely ventured off certain tastes I like. Vaping open a whole new door to what I don't like in flavors, starting with most all fruit flavors are very iffy, coffee, vanilla, caramel and chocolate are big dislikes. Been vaping 4 years and bought boatloads of crap juices, waiting for package to arrive all excited to open up a juice and it smells like schite and doesn't even make it into a atty...wasted bucks, this happened over and over again. Finding a tobac was indeed a challenge, back to open and sniff then put the cap back on and never vape. Its the stale ashy smell that make me gag, the taste like dirt, swamp or mold...YUK. I never in the first couple years of vendor juices buying reordered the same juice, nothing I found that was good enough to rebuy.
I went into DIY and early in the journey I luckily found Hangsen tobac concentrates and for 2 years now my wife and I been in vape nirvana vaping Hangsen DIY and using kanger subtank mini's. No leaking, easy to rebuild RBA's and my wife is a happy vaper...most important. I do have some subohm builds on fancy boxes but still my 1.3ohm 28 gauge spaced build in a subtank mini on a provari been my most used, reliable, take to work PV for the last couple years at least.
I entered some contests recently and won a couple to have some juice show up that ruined my atty with its after taste and smell. I won 25 different flavoring concentrates that only 6 I tolerated the smell of so even free stuff I can't find myself to waste base, nic and time to try them.
Good luck with finding a hitter, atty and especially a tolerable juice. There's lots of potholes, forks in the road and hurdles to get over, not even going to get into the wasted money on YUK juices and crappy gear. Now my wife and I vape uncontrollably for less than 20 bucks a month vs 600 a month when we both smoked 4 years ago.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaping is NOT smoking. So you can't expect it to be identical to smoking.

When you smoke, with each cig you have highly elevated levels of nicotine in your body. With time, the nicotine level drops to the point that you start craving a cig again. With vaping you introduce a lower level of nicotine into your body with each vape, but you can vape more often. If you smoke 10-12 cigs a day, you are smoking roughly 1 cig every 1.5 hours. With vaping you are taking numerous vapes during that time (or chain vaping during your 'smoke' breaks) to maintain your ideal nicotine levels.
With smoking your gear is a pack of smokes and a lighter. While you are only smoking 1 cigarette a time, you must carry your lighter and pack of smokes with you. So it's not accurate to compare 1 cigarette to a vape mod and tank. Yes vape gear is heavier than smoking gear but it doesn't have to be much bigger and can easily fit in your pocket.

Compare 1 mod and 1 tank (along with vape juice) to the 180-200 packs (based on your estimate of 10-12 cigs a day) of cigarettes you would consume in a year. Now what takes more space? A quality mod & tank can easily last a year.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With all your demands, it seems like you are setting yourself up to fail at vaping. Its as if you don't end up with a nirvana gear you will stop vaping.

Vaping is an alternative to smoking. If you are serious about quitting smoking than some of your requirements for Vape gear will become less important.

You have done an extensive amount of research into vape gear. But it's hard to know what will work for you until you try. Knowing the lingo of vaping vs the knowledge that comes with experience is 2 different things.
The great thing about vaping is the variety of equipment that is available to you. With that variety , comes a range of esthetics that you can consider in selecting your gear. But even the ugliest vape gear is visually more appealing than a lit cigarette dangling from your mouth. And the majority of vape juice, smells better than the stench of cigs on your body, your clothes and your breath.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As for which vape setup you should get, I only recommend a nice simple beginners setup. I don't recommend ordering from fasttech/china as it will take at least a month for delivery right now. You can find comparable prices from etailers here in the US. Best of luck. We're here to help.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, Bang on..
The thing is i'm quite motivated to move off cigarettes, and want to make sure that if i'm giving this a shot, it's a good shot. Hence the requirement, that it has pre-made coils and an easy setup, but can be expanded to DIY when i am comfortable enough with vaping. Ofcourse, another way to go, is to just go for an eGo device now, and get a new setup when iv made the move.

The Joyetech eGrip OLED or the VT is very small and could easily fit into a jean pocket.
https://www.directvapor.com/premium-mods/joyetech-egrip-oled-cl-kit.html
The eLeaf Basic kit is also very small and could fit in a pocket
https://www.directvapor.com/premium-mods/eleaf-istick-basic.html
I have used all of these and still my favorite is the Kanger Nebox, mine does not leak, and I use this daily! This is too big to fit in a jean pocket though.
https://www.vaporworld.biz/back-in-stock/kanger-nebox-kit/
I quit a 30+ year smoking habit with vaping, I started with the Mistic Bridge kits and Haus eliquids and cartridges from Walgreens, and used those for many months before buying really nice gear.I wanted to make sure vaping would work for me before investing a lot of money into it. The hardest thing vaping for me was eliquids, none of them tasted like a burning cigarette. I started getting fruit flavors and candy flavors, when I stopped searching for the perfect tobacco flavor, really helped. Go to a Vape shop and try liquids before you buy.
Best of Luck- vaping has worked for me, but you will need will power too, I set a quit date and dual used for a few weeks, until that date, and have not even had or craved a cigarette since!

Great suggestion, i really like how joyetech design their boxes, and the eGrip 2 was looking like a great choice to me, but Spitback issues.. -.-'
However, the eGrip Oled looks beautiful. Looks compact, all metal body, just the right amount of adjustability for a starter (the ranges re pretty low, but i reckon a starter has no need for those 150-200W behemoths).
Could you tell me if the eGrip OLED has the same spitback issues as the egrip 2?
Also, does the eGrip have an extra set of leaking issues, because it has a removeable base?

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Believe me kind sir. I used to own a DID. Spent hours and hours trying to avoid hot spots and shorts. Watched vids. People skyped me trying to help me out. It was a fantastic vape when it did work. I would like to try again since the mods have improved drastically. What tank would you recommend? If even available these days. Thanks.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With all your demands, it seems like you are setting yourself up to fail at vaping. Its as if you don't end up with a nirvana gear you will stop vaping.

Vaping is an alternative to smoking. If you are serious about quitting smoking than some of your requirements for Vape gear will become less important.

You have done an extensive amount of research into vape gear. But it's hard to know what will work for you until you try. Knowing the lingo of vaping vs the knowledge that comes with experience is 2 different things.
The great thing about vaping is the variety of equipment that is available to you. With that variety , comes a range of esthetics that you can consider in selecting your gear. But even the ugliest vape gear is visually more appealing than a lit cigarette dangling from your mouth. And the majority of vape juice, smells better than the stench of cigs on your body, your clothes and your breath.

Ouch, that stung a bit.. :(
I do have the habit of doing extensive research.. in all areas of life. But while my aim is to not fail at it, i agree, it gets overwhelming at times.
As for my requirements, the one and only major requirement is that it can easily and safely replace my pack of cigarettes. The other things i ask for are mostly based on convenience, economy, ergonomy and knowing the feature set currently available, it's only natural to want some of those.

And yes, ofcourse i agree, that my own experience will be necessary to move forwards, however it's the experience of you and all the other great folks here, which can come in handy for me at this beginner stage. Because quitting the smoke sticks is going to be hard enough as it is. I'm just hoping that vaping will be enticing enough to allow me to do it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Lol, Bang on..
The thing is i'm quite motivated to move off cigarettes, and want to make sure that if i'm giving this a shot, it's a good shot. Hence the requirement, that it has pre-made coils and an easy setup, but can be expanded to DIY when i am comfortable enough with vaping. Ofcourse, another way to go, is to just go for an eGo device now, and get a new setup when iv made the move.

Great suggestion, i really like how joyetech design their boxes, and the eGrip 2 was looking like a great choice to me, but Spitback issues.. -.-'
However, the eGrip Oled looks beautiful. Looks compact, all metal body, just the right amount of adjustability for a starter (the ranges re pretty low, but i reckon a starter has no need for those 150-200W behemoths).
Could you tell me if the eGrip OLED has the same spitback issues as the egrip 2?
No I have not had spit back issues with the eGrip OLED, I have never used the egrip2, but the eleaf istick kit basic has no spitback, with nice cheap coils almost a similar size and the tank on the istick basic kit comes out for easy washing unlike the eGrip OLED.I have some leaks sometimes with the OLED, but keep on its side and turn upside down in your pocket.For the price of the OLED you could and should buy 2 eLeaf Basic kits one to vape while the other charges! These are all internal battery and you will need something else to vape while these charge- that's why I love the Kanger Nebox, it has external batteries, I just switch out the batteries, one device, but multiple batteries, I keep them in a small plastic case and change them out when the Nebox battery is spent. Always have spares and with a 10ml tank, this will last me all day.
Bigger mods have their place, I keep mine at home, and after 2 years of vaping I just purchased and used my 1st RTA tank.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Its all back to many new vapers think vaping is plug and play...NOT true. If you want to stick in a new 5 dollar factory coil every day its up to you, I don't care. It takes time to learn all about vaping, years later, I'm still learning and willing to learn. Don't dig yourself in too deep with a over powered fancy subohm setup without knowing what your getting into then being disappointed cause its not up to expectations, burning your throat, coils and money.
Cheaping out and/or buying the cheapest is another major mistake we all have made and again paid dearly for it with clones that just don't perform. Clearos of 4 years ago when we bought our first gear had serious quality control failures inwhich forced me to learn to figure them out and eventually within a couple weeks I was refurbishing then rebuilding those clearos to get a much better vape quality, today I can sit down, rebuild, be back up and running within 10 minutes with a subtank mini RBA.
We all roll the dice when buying a new atty to whether its going to work for you. My last failure was buying a couple Merlins on a whim without proper research, finding later they seeped all over my expensive box mods from the merlin being pressfit and now they sit being rarely used, tried to fix them but to no avail. The few bucks I've said wasted buying chite juice and gear is a small drop to the thousands I've saved not smoking and the added knowledge to make our vape experience the best it can be with the gear I've got.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I do have the habit of doing extensive research.. in all areas of life. But while my aim is to not fail at it, i agree, it gets overwhelming at times.
As for my requirements, the one and only major requirement is that it can easily and safely replace my pack of cigarettes. The other things i ask for are mostly based on convenience, economy, ergonomy and knowing the feature set currently available, it's only natural to want some of those.

And yes, ofcourse i agree, that my own experience will be necessary to move forwards, however it's the experience of you and all the other great folks here, which can come in handy for me at this beginner stage. Because quitting the smoke sticks is going to be hard enough as it is. I'm just hoping that vaping will be enticing enough to allow me to do it.
Maybe start out with the Von Erl or the Juul, very simple and effective and gets great reviews- watch some You Tube videos also on any device you are interested in, they can be helpful in trying to find the right setups for you since we all have different likes and dislikes, to keep you off the cigarettes! You will still need some good old fashioned will power too!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
When I moved on from the Mistic Bridge kits, I purchased 4 Joyetech eCab kits, I guess I was still looking for the small cigalike, but these worked very well for me too, much better than the Mistic, I used these for many months too, and these included 2 external batteries and a charger. I will still throw one of these in my purse sometimes. There were not many of the great products that are on the market now, but these worked for me!
https://www.ecigsupply.com/joyetech-ecab-starter-kit/
http://www.rockymountainvapor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_62&products_id=83

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Believe me kind sir. I used to own a DID. Spent hours and hours trying to avoid hot spots and shorts. Watched vids. People skyped me trying to help me out. It was a fantastic vape when it did work. I would like to try again since the mods have improved drastically. What tank would you recommend? If even available these days. Thanks.
Yeah , big if..LOL..well my favorite is the Pulse G by RM mods..they aren't made anymore, but there is a clone floating around...the Le Zephyr from Vaponaute...I always thought the stormrider from steamboy was a great entry level genny, though it can be fiddeley...you might look at the IN'AX I think alot of people find building on it to be easier than a conventional genny....it's all a matter of practice...one day it just clicks into place,...It's funny you should mention the DID I just bought a nanos mod from MMV...the DID always had a nasty reputation of busting balls.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

As cheap and dependable as AIO's and Pico kits are, these are two great devices to start with. I would recommend either kit to anyone starting out.

One thing I will note, that with MTL tanks, I don't know any that take coils, that also can be rebuildables. Unless you go to a genny like Pulse suggested. Then you give up prebuilt coils. So it's one or the other with MTL tanks.

As UncleRJ said, stay AWAY from the cricket. Until you get into mechanical later on, just stick to VV/VW regulated mods.

For no more money than a Pico kit or and AIO kit cost, you are not spending much to get your feet wet in vaping. Just pick one and go. The hardest thing, will be buying juice. Taste is VERY subjective. So be prepared to not enjoy, or flat out hate, many that you buy. You'll need to get your juice in a 50/50 blend starting out, to get the throat hit you require.

Good luck!

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe start out with the Von Erl or the Juul, very simple and effective and gets great reviews- watch some You Tube videos also on any device you are interested in, they can be helpful in trying to find the right setups for you since we all have different likes and dislikes, to keep you off the cigarettes! You will still need some good old fashioned will power too!

While cig-alikes could be a good option, it's really not for me. can't go about the hassle of purchasing new cartridges for em every now and then. I prefer something i can whip up on my own, as long as i have the raw materials. (coil, cotton etc)
As for the will power, got plenty, but its basic psychology, i do need to get some positive reinforcement when i make the move to make it work.

which one would you suggest?

@UncleRJ : Some of these AIO's i see seem like they were designed to be carried around in the pockets, are there any serious concerns i should know of? And are minimod with tanks totally out of the picture for pocket use?

@SnapDragon NY : Thanks for the great suggestion about eGrip OLED and the iStick. I prefer the looks of the eGrip more, and i see it for $39 on one vendor with an rba base included ( but yeah, leaking can be a big problem, putting it in upside down after removing the drip tip should work xD ). the iStick basic on the other hand is just $22

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You asked where we carry our mods?

For me, it is my shirt pocket.

I have just received this mod, the Kanger 80 Watt Dripbox.

https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KRDB70

It takes easily replaceable dual coil heads...

https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KRST-DC

That can be rebuilt when you are ready to go in that direction.

As they stand, you can dry burn the coils yourself and install new cotton wick very easily..

You can swap out the batteries yourself of use the internal charger connected to a USB port.

Though I would really recommend using a $5 wall wart.

Variable wattage so you can set it to your particular taste.

And IMHO, it delivers very good flavor and vapor.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
While cig-alikes could be a good option, it's really not for me. can't go about the hassle of purchasing new cartridges for em every now and then. I prefer something i can whip up on my own, as long as i have the raw materials. (coil, cotton etc)
As for the will power, got plenty, but its basic psychology, i do need to get some positive reinforcement when i make the move to make it work.

@UncleRJ : Some of these AIO's i see seem like they were designed to be carried around in the pockets, are there any serious concerns i should know of? And are minimod with tanks totally out of the picture for pocket use?

@SnapDragon NY : Thanks for the great suggestion about eGrip OLED and the iStick. I prefer the looks of the eGrip more, and i see it for $39 on one vendor with an rba base included ( but yeah, leaking can be a big problem, putting it in upside down after removing the drip tip should work xD ). the iStick basic on the other hand is just $22
I believe the eGrip OLED VT is supposed to leak less than the OLED, and I think the tank is removable on the Egrip OLED VT variable temp control) for easy cleaning unlike the plain OLED

the VT is much better!

You will also need an AIO or something similar for a back up while the other is charging, cigarettes are not a back up plan, make sure you order a couple 5packs of the Kanhtal coils in wattage mode only! Ni can only be used in TEMP control only! I only use Kanthal!

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just hoping that vaping will be enticing enough to allow me to do it.

As time consuming as it can be, it is kind of fun. Now that I'm making my own juice it's interesting and challenging. I just made my first ADV that knocked my socks off. I went through 30 ml in two days. I'm still dizzy.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been giving this some additional thought.

10-12 Stinkies a day?

Not much of a mod needed at all!

Not true at all! By the time I found out about vaping (2014) I was down to about 15 ultra-lights a day... but I couldn't go even an hour without having at least a few puffs -- massively addicted smoker, though also a broke one, so I smoked 120s so I could smoke each one twice. :D

I *had* to find an ejuice that tasted very similar to my cigarettes (VA Slims) or it would never have worked for me at all. MyFreedomSmokes' Virginia flavor fit that bill perfectly. But it only took about 4-5 months, and trying out some sweet flavors, and I was DONE!!! with tobacco flavor.

I also require an EXTREMELY tight draw... but the atty I use, they don't make anymore, so there's no point recommending it.

Andria

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

I have used Mini Mods with tanks for years without issue carried proudly and easily accessible in my shirt pocket.

The only time I had a leak was when I boarded a plane with a full tank and I did get a few dribbles. Hardly noticeable but still there.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Welcome Aboard!

I'm no master of MTL tanks but the nautilus mini is known for being very good
as far as mods go, start simple. something like a Pico for external battery or a coolfire for internal battery
If you want something a little bigger with better battery life and full of features you can buy a hohmslice for 30 bucks on vaporcube with coupon code SLICEPRICE
As far as MTL rebuildable attys go @Deucesjack could give you a good recommendation

theisel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well z3phy2 I am brand new to this and if money was right I would smoke a pack an a half a day but I would smoke a pack from 8-3 until the next day I actually decided instead of smoking I'll try an ecig yes I'm that guy I bought a vuse 3 weeks ago mainly because I was worried about the smell since my wife doesn't want me to smoke I went through a cartridge a day for a couple days only needed a real cigarette a couple of time for the taste then yesterday I discovered this forum I did not quite do extensive research but looked at some new people posts as people had already suggested setups to them

Then I saw a post it was for the pico mega and I looked into it as I was also trying to find something that would be simple enough for me to start with(no experience yet) and be able to mess around with it to expand but not crazy
So I got it yesterday as well...since then I haven't even craved a smoke at all and it's only been a day I don't even crave the taste of one it's only 6mg I would like a little more but I feel it's probably better to be lower and take a couple extra puffs then take about the same amount of puffs with more nicotine.

So I know now the pico mega if your wearing blue jeans that are pretty fitted it won't fit in your pocket and I can see the good possibility of breaking something on the atomizer? The tube part...but with out a doubt just get something very easy and starter friendly with a little growing room and eventually get something nicer to grow some more or build if you wanted it's been great for me if I didn't try it I would have missed out but I also didn't want to get something super nice and not be able to figure anything out and break it or hurt myself

Just thought it might help with my story since I just saw this site yesterday and jumped right in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
+1 on the HT Slice. Warning though. It will spoil you for all other boards. Right now the best MTL tanks I have are a Kayfun 3 clone and the Cthulhu MTL. Cthulhu MTL is awesome with a really wide range of adjustability. My review of it will be up by the weekend.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You asked where we carry our mods?

For me, it is my shirt pocket.

I have just received this mod, the Kanger 80 Watt Dripbox.

https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KRDB70

It takes easily replaceable dual coil heads...

https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KRST-DC

That can be rebuilt when you are ready to go in that direction.

As they stand, you can dry burn the coils yourself and install new cotton wick very easily..

You can swap out the batteries yourself of use the internal charger connected to a USB port.

Though I would really recommend using a $5 wall wart.

Variable wattage so you can set it to your particular taste.

And IMHO, it delivers very good flavor and vapor.

Damn this would be perfect, if not for the protruding atty on top. Doesn't look safe for a jean pocket.(what's your take? would it work in a jeans?) Havent seen any side-by-side designs with a squonker. But yeah, side-by side has a huge design flaw, you'll end up covering the air flow holes.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank yo
I believe the eGrip OLED VT is supposed to leak less than the OLED, and I think the tank is removable on the Egrip OLED VT variable temp control) for easy cleaning unlike the plain OLED

the VT is much better!

You will also need an AIO or something similar for a back up while the other is charging, cigarettes are not a back up plan, make sure you order a couple 5packs of the Kanhtal coils in wattage mode only! Ni can only be used in TEMP control only! I only use Kanthal!

Thank you! i was thinking the same. It's a step up from the eGrip OLED, and thanks to all the extra o-rings they give, lesser tank leak chances. However, because the tank is housed right next to the battery, i do fear it will leak when charging due to the thermal expansion.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Check out the kanger Togo kit it's a simple inexpensive kit. I just had a buddy of mine kick the analog habit with this kit.

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks @Whitesoxfan2579 It's a pleasure to be here.

Check out the kanger Togo kit it's a simple inexpensive kit. I just had a buddy of mine kick the analog habit with this kit.
After seeing all the rave about cupti, the knager togo mini was a good option to consider, but i have a coupla doubts about it.
Firstly, isn't it a bit too small to hold ? (in a creepy making out with a midget sort of a way )
Secondly, can it survive in a tightish jean pocket, without leaking/blowing up

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another set of general doubts, regarding the skyhook RDTA
looks like a sexy little mod, I'm starting to feel like rdta's are probably better for me. No replacement coil heads in this house!
- It's performance in mtl. sure it comes with double airflow adjustment adapters, but can it still give you a restricted enough hit for mtl?
-Something i couldnt wrap my head around, the wicks seem to drop right into the tank, and you still would need to do the genny-like tilt to get the juice up there, but then what would happen if you managed to turn it upside down, the juice in the tank, would just gush right out it..innit?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I guess bottom line is how bad do you really want to quit smoking? None of our vape gear is like a cigarette, everyone has likes and dislikes, and not 1 piece of gear is perfect. The greatest thing about the ecig gear is you don't throw it out, not wasted like the thousands of cigarettes you have purchased. Many of us use different gear throughout the day.
I find it hard that someone so picky- knowing all the dangers of cigarettes and smoking and the 4,000 harmful chemicals would ever consider smoking in the 1st place? Plus talk about waste, what do you have to show for your $50.00 or more carton of cigarettes? Nothing, it is all in the garbage can, talk about waste of money!
You are lucky today to have a vast array of ecig choices, plus great prices to boot, I didn't have this available when I quit smoking with Mistic Bridge Kit, and the Kanger Evods, Joyetech eCabs, and then at the time the latest and greatest eLeaf iStick 20w and I still managed to quit a 30+ year smoking addiction!
If you really want to quit cigarettes, bite the bullet and buy and try some kits, you can find some great kits that will hit most of your marks, and others that are great for stealth,or longevity, ease or a little bit more fiddly ,bigger stay at home gear and on the go gear, it is up to you- your choice and what is perfect for you, what works for me may not work for you, but keep trying if you really want to quit smoking.
Where do you carry your cigarettes? I can't imagine your shoving them in a jean pocket either, talk about fragile!
I wish you the best, and really hope that you can find your way out of cigarettes, maybe stop at some Vape Shops, look and touch some of these things and go by their suggestions? Might be worth it for a picky person, who really wants to quit smoking
Even after all of this, you may still not be able to give up cigarettes, you still need good old fashion Will Power, ecigs take the sting out of quitting, but for some it will never replace their cigarettes, still the ones not smoked is still a victory, but at least they tried!

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I guess bottom line is how bad do you really want to quit smoking? None of our vape gear is like a cigarette, everyone has likes and dislikes, and not 1 piece of gear is perfect. The greatest thing about the ecig gear is you don't throw it out, not wasted like the thousands of cigarettes you have purchased. Many of us use different gear throughout the day.
I find it hard that someone so picky- knowing all the dangers of cigarettes and smoking and the 4,000 harmful chemicals would ever consider smoking in the 1st place? Plus talk about waste, what do you have to show for your $50.00 or more carton of cigarettes? Nothing, it is all in the garbage can, talk about waste of money!
You are lucky today to have a vast array of ecig choices, plus great prices to boot, I didn't have this available when I quit smoking with Mistic Bridge Kit, and the Kanger Evods, Joyetech eCabs, and then at the time the latest and greatest eLeaf iStick 20w and I still managed to quit a 30+ year smoking addiction!
If you really want to quit cigarettes, bite the bullet and buy and try some kits, you can find some great kits that will hit most of your marks, and others that are great for stealth,or longevity, ease or a little bit more fiddly ,bigger stay at home gear and on the go gear, it is up to you- your choice and what is perfect for you, what works for me may not work for you, but keep trying if you really want to quit smoking.
Where do you carry your cigarettes? I can't imagine your shoving them in a jean pocket either, talk about fragile!
I wish you the best, and really hope that you can find your way out of cigarettes, maybe stop at some Vape Shops, look and touch some of these things and go by their suggestions? Might be worth it for a picky person, who really wants to quit smoking
Even after all of this, you may still not be able to give up cigarettes, you still need good old fashion Will Power, ecigs take the sting out of quitting, but for some it will never replace their cigarettes, still the ones not smoked is still a victory, but at least they tried!
Amen to that brother!

For the OP, the hardest step is the first step. How many different brands of cigarettes and types of cigarettes did you try before you settled on your current cigs? Did you do as much research into cigs as you've done with vape gear?

We welcome you to this growing group of Ex-smokers. Come join us now.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Amen to that brother!

For the OP, the hardest step is the first step. How many different brands of cigarettes and types of cigarettes did you try before you settled on your current cigs? Did you do as much research into cigs as you've done with vape gear?

We welcome you to this growing group of Ex-smokers. Come join us now.

I hope I do not come off as harsh, not my intention, just trying to keep it real! Just try it!
Stay Strong and Vape on!

Last edited:

z3pHy2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope I do not come off as harsh, not my intention, just trying to keep it real! Just try it!
Stay Strong and Vape on!
Man, that whole monologue was like my ol daddy got out of his sofa and started yelling off at me. Haha, but i get the point you're making. As i mentioned before, i do wish to get out of it, and i bet i'll have to face some tough times because of it, however, as stated, i need something that won't break the cycle. Because that would be the key to getting off cigarettes, without getting off smoking, at least for me.
To that end, my biggest concern has been how well would and e-cig fit into my current cycle. Ofcourse i'll need to make concessions, but the portability of a cigarette pack and similarity to a cigarette draw isn't too much to ask for, is it?
I do get side-tracked, because there is so much turbulence in the market. In the past 2 -3 years, the vaping product industry has been moving very quickly, and responding well to the issues customers reported. Therefore, i need it to be a current product, because it will incorporate the issues people have faced in the past.
Beyond that i'm open to anything, any format, any company etc.
I'm simply trying to get a good push off.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well said!

VU Sponsors