expired juice

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok so my one & only local vape store, E-Z Vape, is where i got my first ecig over a month ago, my mvp2 with nautilus mini, and free 30ml juice for $90. They offer one brand of e juice. Gold seal. So first couple bottles i got say, batch number 24sep30, expires in 2017 month shown on batch #. I got bottle of vannilla couple week ago which im still vaping, says batch # 54dec30 exp 2014 ! So i went n asked her, she said oh we just slapped labels on i promise its good, i was hesitant but believed her, then i get cotton candy not long ago it said exp 2017, i noticed it was just tiny sticker over normal label which said 2014, i think there purposly sellin exp juice. Gold seal does labeling not them im sure. So i think im goona tell them they better replace it, n im goin online to get juice. Where i can customise vg pg, gold seal only has 70 vg 30 pg

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No they dont sell from there website they jusy direct you to closest vendor. i just went in. they said its not expired, and that they realized date was wrong so they fixed it. seems sketchy. i said im goona call gold seal. they told me to if i wanna reassure myself.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
No they dont sell from there website they jusy direct you to closest vendor. i just went in. they said its not expired, and that they realized date was wrong so they fixed it. seems sketchy. i said im goona call gold seal. they told me to if i wanna reassure myself.

you could search to see if those b&m's had websites to order from, if you do not trust the one you are working with now.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok so my one & only local vape store, E-Z Vape, is where i got my first ecig over a month ago, my mvp2 with nautilus mini, and free 30ml juice for $90. They offer one brand of e juice. Gold seal. So first couple bottles i got say, batch number 24sep30, expires in 2017 month shown on batch #. I got bottle of vannilla couple week ago which im still vaping, says batch # 54dec30 exp 2014 ! So i went n asked her, she said oh we just slapped labels on i promise its good, i was hesitant but believed her, then i get cotton candy not long ago it said exp 2017, i noticed it was just tiny sticker over normal label which said 2014, i think there purposly sellin exp juice. Gold seal does labeling not them im sure. So i think im goona tell them they better replace it, n im goin online to get juice. Where i can customise vg pg, gold seal only has 70 vg 30 pg
Thats called fraud. Go somewhere else, or order online from a reputable vendor.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does the juice look real dark? Does it taste bad? Is the nicotine weak? Other than the labels, what makes you think they are that old? Unless that brand never sells I can't imagine why there would be any two year old bottles sitting around.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i used to by from ecblend.com before i started to diy. never had a bad juice from them

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It just seems weird, gold seal premium e juice is a huge company, why would gold seal ship with wrong labels, its possible i guess. But most bottles say 2017, another reason i think the ones that say 2014 dec are old is because all 2017 bottles have diff cap, they have a triangle on top cap n have longer nipple top, where the 2014 bottles have a circle and shorter stubby nipple top, i emailed gold seal, just to make sure. She seemed fine with when i said so if i ask gold seal theyll say same thing? Gold seal only has 70 pg 30 vg for now.I ordered some vanilla custard from maple leaf vapes, theres is 50 50 but you can customise so i got 70 vg 30 pg, as id rather more vapor then throat hit. So if i like the high vg ill be ording online from mlv from now on, unless gold seal realeas more vg. 70 vg should give me lot more vapor then this 70 pg eh,

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It just seems weird, gold seal premium e juice is a huge company, why would gold seal ship with wrong labels, its possible i guess.

It is a lot easier then you might think. Ever work in a distribution center or a factory?

Inventory management can be a nightmare when you have millions of items divided among thousands of locations in a building. Something could easily be put in the wrong spot and not be found for a while, or fall behind something and not be known about. A box or item could fall off a conveyor belt in an area without easy access or even out of the way of regular foot traffic and not be known about for a long while. An item could be shipped to warehouse without any indication of it being on the shipment resulting in employees not knowing where it came from, then it might sit for months as discussions go back and forth between the warehouse and various vendors. When it comes to labels being printed, it's easy for somebody to accidentally hit a 4 instead of a 7 or the opposite. The two numbers are adjacent to each other on the number pad of a keyboard and an employee being rushed might make a typo and not notice it.

And the effect of all this also has to do with employees. Most people in most businesses are hired off the street and wont give a damn about anything that doesn't directly effect their job or not give a damn about something that isn't directly part of their job duties. This is also compunded by companies wanting their employees to hit set rates and goals for the day. "oh, look, a box fell off the conveyor before it got to the shipping department, I don't care, my job is unloading stuff that comes to the warehouse. I'm not going to miss my goal and get written up because of tracking down where that box should be, that's somebody elses job and I'm to busy to track down who's job it is". Often times, even a manager wont accept doing something that isn't your duty as a reason for not hitting your expected goal for the day.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I emailed gold seal, they said it was there fault, all of these product were manufactured in may & june of this year, 2014. & that they overestimated future sales on the particular flavour/strengths and still have stock & they used 2014 labels too far into the year, it was indeed a label issue & not a product issue. There team has been changing the dates on the leftover bottles to their correct expiry of 2017 which explains the overlap. This makes me feel better, he even said i could go into the store & trade for new one but im not. The employee @ vape shop should have explained this before sales. She told me after i confronted her but i didnt believe her then, its not goverment regulated those small shops so i figured they'll do whatever they can get away with. Turns out i was wrong. But they deff over price stuff.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Btw zaroba i like your pic / signature. Burm in your pic? I looove snakes. Only one atm i have a BCI red tail boa. Ive had lots in past but only have space for my one buddy atm. I love my boids

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To be completely honest, Gold seal is low.
I used to vape them and was disappointed in the results.
Their juice is just week, watered down and the taste sticks in my tanks!

Its essentially just a low end company IMO. Try searching Dashvapes or MtBaker eliquid. A tad more expensive with the quality and assurance that their blends are not outdated. The dates and the stickers just sounds skeptical to me...

Treat yourself with quality liquid, happy vaping!

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Add on :

Once you feel like spending the extra dollars on juice, go ahead and give Halocigs or Fivepawns a visit.
Expensive juice, but absolutely outstanding results!

I also understand juice is a big variable, this is my opinion. so whatever makes you a happy camper. :D:D:D

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well its not watered down theres no water added, but it is very thin juice for sure, because all there juice is 70 PG. I emailed gold seal & asked if they'll add higher vg, they said their working on it, maybe a 50/50 or higher vg would be great. It may be low in comparison to other juice. I just started vaping and had my last cig on halloween, so coming up on 2 months. & we just have the one vape shop in our city, & only offer gold seal so I've never even tried other companies. I am getting kinda sick of gold seal, how thin it is causes flooding easier, & also i think im allergic i had itchy rash all over. Im in canada so i cant get american juice. I think i am goona order online from now on atleast untill or if gold seal gets high vg. I just got some vader pudin in mail monday from maple leaf vapes. I got a 120 ml bottle 8 mg, its 70 vg 30 pg. The opposite what i had from gold seals 70 pg. Havent tried it yet though because it smells like alcohol, it was made on 11th so its fresh, only been 6 days. Probably have to let it steep atleast another week

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes steeping Maple Leaf has a big impact I found.
I just cannot stand Gold Seal juice, some of the flavours I've tried actually made me gag!

Right now I'm rocking Captian Olivers premium ejuice at 50/50. All their juice is pudding/creamy based and are around a 4/5 rating for me, I don't mind their juices.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh ya, i noticed MLV offers captain olivers, 5 of them, yea there all pudding/custards so if i like this vader puddin vanilla custard i may try a bottle when i buy more VP. Only one that interests me is the blueberry custard, maybe the bannana pudding. Lemon, pb & j & pumpkin pie dunno bout that. I may try the blueberry custard, i like bannanas but i baught 30 ml of gold seal's bannana & i dont like it, way to strong bannana reminds me of that ear medicine thats bannana flavor. I really like golds vanilla, i baught cotton candy & bannana still full almost, i think its because i like it at the store because they use little evod testers. & when i put in my nautilus im getting alot more vape/flavor & realise i regret buying it.

Bplus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Expiration dates and all that aside.

Finding your core flavors is a rough journey. You'd be sickened at the box... Errr tub, yes tub of sample packs I finally pitched 2 weeks ago.
It's been sitting around for a year now. I've bought a lot in 2013 and early 14.
Even the stuff I like I get sick of. Fastest way for me to stop liking something is to buy a 120ml of it. It's happened every time. Still makes me sad.

Hell,
I have a graveyard of protanks,
Coils, smok tanks, cartos, ego batteries, svd, evic, etc just chilling under my table. So I've had the same type run on devices. At least here I feel I've settled into what I really dig. Mech and rba tank.

Sounds like you're from Canada so I don't know the availability / shipping costs to there from the us. That could amp your frustrations through the roof.

Above posters named some real good companies. I'd name a few of favorites but I really don't want to lead you down the wrong path. Taste is so damn subjective.

I do 99% of my juice buying online. I don't like the constrictions of a b&m making the call on my selection. Well that and this addiction to tracking numbers that I have. There's just so much out there. I read a lot and look at Instagram a bit for possible ideas. I go to the site, read reviews both pros and cons and then pick something I think I may like. I've disliked way more than I've liked.

Now I'm trying the diy approach. At least I can blame myself when I don't like the flavor.

Dunno man, hope this helps in some way. At least you know you're not alone in buying things you don't like. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I still am not certain what kinds of juices i like. When i go to my b&m and try juices, i hear ya when you say theres more you dont like. They sound like theyd be good but there not. I think im picky but i wanna love the juice lol. First juice i baught was watermelon, i liked it but idk if i got sick of it but i couldnt taste it as much. I sure do regret buying the bannana & cotton candy. So far i think i like deserts best, although cant say forsure as ive only really had vanilla but they sound the best, & fruits. Tobacco isnt my thing. I think that zample box you americans have is great, but i cant order from states. For one ill pay atleast 2-3x the shipping plus it may not even be allowed to pass. Im hoping i like this vanilla custard, i love this vanilla victory from gold seal, so if its a creamy vanilla ill love it. Never had custard, but i like pudding lol. Im deffinetly going to be buying juice online instead of gold seal, way more options, just sucks you gotta take a big risk

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very true,

And that's why I always stay strapped with different juices so I can swap them out with different moods and different times of the day.
Morning vape, afternoon, evening/chill etc...

I love a good fruit flavour and smooth creamy custard/puddings. Also depends on the mod you're using.

I buy juices 50% online and the other 50 instore. The only reason i'd go to the vendor for juice over online is because of all the sampling that they offer, as a pose to hit and missing online. Everyones tastes vary, so I don't rely on reviews.

Bplus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very true,

And that's why I always stay strapped with different juices so I can swap them out with different moods and different times of the day.
Morning vape, afternoon, evening/chill etc...

I love a good fruit flavour and smooth creamy custard/puddings. Also depends on the mod you're using.

I buy juices 50% online and the other 50 instore. The only reason i'd go to the vendor for juice over online is because of all the sampling that they offer, as a pose to hit and missing online. Everyones tastes vary, so I don't rely on reviews.

Yeah I feel that. At least around here it seems really the only selection within a 10 minute drive is pretty standard. Cuttwood, SB, Space Jam, and a few others. And It's also taxed. No beef with that because people need to turn a profit.. That's business.

I've found a few online vendors will really take the time to chat with you, answer questions, concerns, etc. I really like having that ability. Like Shane from Fuzion. Last year when I broke away from menthol tobacco to flavors, that dude answered so many trivial questions for me. He certainly didn't have to as only a fraction of it pertained to actual business. Talked wicking issues, set ups he uses, hell even into past gaming history.

At least at my local b&m's, the education levels on said topic wasn't as high at the time. And they didn't really offer sampling back then either. That could have really made a difference.

But back to what you were saying. Yeah I like to keep a few attys or tanks within reach so I can swap flavors out as necessary. Morning coffee vape, adv, after dinner, etc. The one I struggle with is with alcohol. I can't find a flavor that works and then my analogs come out.
I really really dig hortchata flavor with coffee. It just matches up so well in my opinion.

Sorry for the ramble :)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am no chemist but I don't think juice go's bad. Not in that time frame. I cover mine with a clean Kleenex & set them in a cupboard for a month sometimes longer for them to mellow. I use 300 ML medicine bottles to store them in to steep. I get my stuff at wholesalers to DIY. Mt.Baker makes great flavors.

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am no chemist but I don't think juice go's bad. Not in that time frame. I cover mine with a clean Kleenex & set them in a cupboard for a month sometimes longer for them to mellow. I use 300 ML medicine bottles to store them in to steep. I get my stuff at wholesalers to DIY. Mt.Baker makes great flavors.

I'm glad you say that, I'm waiting on a big package from Mt.Baker eliquid. However, it's taking ages to get here lol.

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I feel that. At least around here it seems really the only selection within a 10 minute drive is pretty standard. Cuttwood, SB, Space Jam, and a few others. And It's also taxed. No beef with that because people need to turn a profit.. That's business.

I've found a few online vendors will really take the time to chat with you, answer questions, concerns, etc. I really like having that ability. Like Shane from Fuzion. Last year when I broke away from menthol tobacco to flavors, that dude answered so many trivial questions for me. He certainly didn't have to as only a fraction of it pertained to actual business. Talked wicking issues, set ups he uses, hell even into past gaming history.

At least at my local b&m's, the education levels on said topic wasn't as high at the time. And they didn't really offer sampling back then either. That could have really made a difference.

But back to what you were saying. Yeah I like to keep a few attys or tanks within reach so I can swap flavors out as necessary. Morning coffee vape, adv, after dinner, etc. The one I struggle with is with alcohol. I can't find a flavor that works and then my analogs come out.
I really really dig hortchata flavor with coffee. It just matches up so well in my opinion.

Sorry for the ramble :)
Yes, Alot of people seem to have troubles with their combinations of juice and food/drinks.
A close friend of mine is actually developing a website where you can match those things. For instance you can pick a meal you mostly eat or a drink that you love and it will automatically pair you with a juice that would taste good with it, and vice versa.

A very interesting hobby I suppose, what do you think? (Trying to give him good morale about this one hah..)

VU Sponsors