Become a Patron!

Experimental build on my Fogger V4

D

Donald Bickers

got my fogger a few weeks ago,got my stingray X a few weeks ago,wanted to run the two together in 18350 hybrid mode,i haven't had good luck with dual coils in 18350 mode,they just seem to suck the power up real quick,thought I would try this and see what happened,,,,,,,,i took a piece of cotton and balled it up and stuck it in one of the air holes under where the coil should be,on the other side I built a 1.0 ohm coil out of 28 g kanthal wrapped 6 times....it was an experiment I didn't think would work very good,but said WTH try it,,man this baby hits like a dream,loads of vapor and flavor,the drip tip that came with the stingray X was to tall to sit in the fogger w/o sitting to high so I ground it down on the bottom side so it fits flush.....took a chance of screwing it up and got lucky ,,,,,,good day for me,,,,,,think I may have my daily driver here,
vplHOlq.jpg
AWESOME

D

Donald Bickers

I guess this should have went under ...General Rubuildable Discussion....my bad..sorry folks

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I assume you blocked the channels on that side as well? How did you wick it, just into the tops of the channels?

D

Donald Bickers

yea on the side without a coil I just stuffed the channels full,and on the side with the coils I just put a very little bit of my cotton wick in the channels,,,,,,Very Little Bit,,,,,seems to wick fine ,no flooding and no dry hits

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just picked up a fogger V5 a couple days ago, unfortunately I broke the glass before I nailed the build down. :confused:

Ordered a 5 pack of glass today off fleabay; so I should be good for a while lol

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cool, I've also read about peeps building the Orchid in a similar way - using a single coil.

VU Sponsors