VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy low ohms lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using 28ga SS430 (TCR .00138) I bought from Unkamen Supplies. A 200 foot roll was $10. Really liking the results so far. Here's the link if you're interested. It's tough, not like Ni200. I was worried with it only being 28ga, but my worries were unfounded.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I haven't tried it but you could twist some with a hand drill if you wanted thicker wire, but like I said it's not flimsy or malleable like Ni200 is.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 28ga SS430 I have reminds me of the 26ga UD316L I have. It takes a little bit of effort to wrap it around the 2 or 2.5mm post I normally use. I'm trying to figure out how to explain it was different than I thought it would be.

Edit I guess the best way to say it is it really holds it's shape. It's definitely not fragile.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FINALLY!! Temperature adjustment without pressing hundreds of buttons :D this makes everything sooo much easier, took them quite a while tho. But nice to see it still evolving höhö

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooh nice. I will have to try this firmware out, I think I will test it on just one device to start with though as it is a Beta.

Sounds good-Where it says the ability to change a profiles material without Escribe, does this mean adjusting to different wire types without escribe?

As you know, we can already switch profiles without escribe, so just wanted to check I had this right.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooh nice. I will have to try this firmware out, I think I will test it on just one device to start with though as it is a Beta.

Sounds good-Where it says the ability to change a profiles material without Escribe, does this mean adjusting to different wire types without escribe?

As you know, we can already switch profiles without Escribe, so just wanted to check I had this right.
That's what it means. With the new firmware, Escribe now has a material tab that you can load up with every wire that you might use, then you upload your settings to your mod so you can select any of those materials for any of your 8 profiles on the fly. They also added a temperature dominate feature you can select for each profile individually. Temperature is on the main screen in place of power so the way you switch temperature is swapped with way you switched power. I use that for TC. I've upgraded the firmware on all of my DNA200 mods and I'm very happy with it.

Cheers,
Steve.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what it means. With the new firmware, Escribe now has a material tab that you can load up with every wire that you might use, then you upload your settings to your mod so you can select any of those materials for any of your 8 profiles on the fly. They also added a temperature dominate feature you can select for each profile individually. Temperature is on the main screen in place of power so the way you switch temperature is swapped with way you switched power. I use that for TC. I've upgraded the firmware on all of my DNA200 mods and I'm very happy with it.

Cheers,
Steve.
That is fantastic, so I load all my wire types into the materials tab, then from any of my 8 profiles I can change it to another wire type? That is great news, I find 8 profiles to be well enough but this just will make it simpler.

I have upgraded the firmware on my Efusion, Watts are still on the main screen in place of temperature, I will connect back to Escribe to see if it is in settings, as I generally set my wattage, and temp is adjusted more than power, so that seems more user friendly too.

Glad to see that SS has been added as well, I finally got it working before, and have to say, it is now my preferred wire type to use. Sure, it is not as consistent as TI or NI200, but it prevents me getting dry hits, and still does a very good job with it in my opinion. So, having it there as a standard wire type option is a move in a good direction I feel.

I will have to test this on my efusion today, but as long as it works well, and functions as well as before, I will upgrade all 4 of mine to the new firmware, I did find it was a little bit clunky locking, then holding both buttons, then being able to adjust temperature.

I just need to get it on the front screen as you describe, I will go back into Escribe now.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh I see, I have to select temperature dominant to get it to work this way. That is fine though.

Time to use the Efusion for the day, then decide to upgrade the others-it is very likely I will though.

EDIT: Ok, only used it for a few minutes, already prefer this layout.

I hope we get a lot more updates for the device, but at the moment, I still think it can't be beaten for what it does, and the options it gives you.

I do own cheaper mods-my favorite quick grab, easy to use mod is the Cuboid, but for a vape that is completely controlled by me, I love the DNA200.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is fantastic, so I load all my wire types into the materials tab, then from any of my 8 profiles I can change it to another wire type? That is great news, I find 8 profiles to be well enough but this just will make it simpler.

I have upgraded the firmware on my Efusion, Watts are still on the main screen in place of temperature, I will connect back to Escribe to see if it is in settings, as I generally set my wattage, and temp is adjusted more than power, so that seems more user friendly too.

Glad to see that SS has been added as well, I finally got it working before, and have to say, it is now my preferred wire type to use. Sure, it is not as consistent as TI or NI200, but it prevents me getting dry hits, and still does a very good job with it in my opinion. So, having it there as a standard wire type option is a move in a good direction I feel.

I will have to test this on my efusion today, but as long as it works well, and functions as well as before, I will upgrade all 4 of mine to the new firmware, I did find it was a little bit clunky locking, then holding both buttons, then being able to adjust temperature.

I just need to get it on the front screen as you describe, I will go back into Escribe now.

You check temperature dominate in each profile that you want it in. It's in the first screen on Escribe (general tab). You select profile 1 then check temp dominate (if wanted) and repeat for each profile. You can also change the temperature increment you can adjust by at the bottom of the theme tab. Instead of 10 degrees F, you can now select: 1, 2, 5, or 10 F or 1, 1, 2, or 5C.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You check temperature dominate in each profile that you want it in. It's in the first screen on Escribe (general tab). You select profile 1 then check temp dominate (if wanted) and repeat for each profile. You can also change the temperature increment you can adjust by at the bottom of the theme tab. Instead of 10 degrees, you can now select: 1, 2, 5, or 10 F or C.
Oh that is pretty cool, I think I may adjust the temperature increment, I use C as that is what I am used to (I live in the UK, we use a mixed up version of imperial and metric, gets confusing).
Think I will adjust it to increments of 1, I may never need to have it that precise, but it is nice to know it is there if I DO want it that precise.

Thanks man :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...You can also change the temperature increment you can adjust by at the bottom of the theme tab. Instead of 10 degrees F, you can now select: 1, 2, 5, or 10 F or 1, 1, 2, or 5C....
Now I remember, what else I wanted to change besides the dominant temperature. :) It's a bitch getting old! :)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, I have to say, after using it yesterday for the majority of the day, it will be going on all my other devices.

Time to update them all soon-the windows partition on my mac is SLOW though, only annoying thing, wish there was OSX support like with the Joyetech chips.

I wonder if that will ever come in the future or not? I only have Windows installed for the DNA200's and Xcube 2, support for mac users would be great, I hope that comes in the future.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, I have to say, after using it yesterday for the majority of the day, it will be going on all my other devices.

Time to update them all soon-the windows partition on my mac is SLOW though, only annoying thing, wish there was OSX support like with the Joyetech chips.

I wonder if that will ever come in the future or not? I only have Windows installed for the DNA200's and Xcube 2, support for mac users would be great, I hope that comes in the future.
I heard, they will have a Escribe version available for Macs, beginning of this year. (Whatever that means though!)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard, they will have a Escribe version available for Macs, beginning of this year. (Whatever that means though!)
Oh OK, that seems promising, hopefully it is in the first quarter of this year, will just make things so much easier for OSX users.

At the moment, I have to load into bootcamp, somehow I got a bloomin virus, even with antivirus software-my mac detected this on the windows partition, and quarantined it, it has been super slow since on windows, before it was very fast. Will have to remove the virus I guess, might as well do it now actually, as I didn't get round to updating all of my devices, so get it out of the way then update them all :).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish they had 24 & 26 gauge. That's what I mainly use for either single, or dual coil builds.
That is what I use with SS, 26 gauge. I find it to offer the best range for my uses, and can build single or dual coils with it, so I must say it is also my favourite gauge to work with regarding SS316L.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finally ran some 430 on the update.... Where was all this back when the 40 came out? This is the way tc vaping should be

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally ran some 430 on the update.... Where was all this back when the 40 came out? This is the way tc vaping should be
I'm glad you like it my friend. I had a feeling you would! It really is nice having the flexibility of SS with a higher TCR to give the mod some breathing room when it comes to TC.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm glad you like it my friend. I had a feeling you would! It really is nice having the flexibility of SS with a higher TCR to the mod some breathing room when it comes to TC.

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah it has me rethinking my stance in no longer vaping Daily, haha-damn

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I gotta put this on one of my DNA's. I still haven't found SS locally, and haven't ordered it. I need to do it, I hate working with nickel. I guess I need to try 430, was gonna pick up 316l. I need to look through these links and find where to get it, and what gauge. SS TC is the main reason I wanted this chip, and I'm yet to use it for that, lol. I think the local Cignot carries SS. I don't understand why the shops around here have taken so long to get Ti, and SS. We have quite a few good shops around me and it's pretty much all nickel and kanthal.

And I'm not holding my breath on the Mac OS escribe. I feel like it's been "in the works" for too long. And they obviously aren't losing many customers as a result. We can hope.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gotta put this on one of my DNA's. I still haven't found SS locally, and haven't ordered it. I need to do it, I hate working with nickel. I guess I need to try 430, was gonna pick up 316l. I need to look through these links and find where to get it, and what gauge. SS TC is the main reason I wanted this chip, and I'm yet to use it for that, lol. I think the local Cignot carries SS. I don't understand why the shops around here have taken so long to get Ti, and SS. We have quite a few good shops around me and it's pretty much all nickel and kanthal.

And I'm not holding my breath on the Mac OS escribe. I feel like it's been "in the works" for too long. And they obviously aren't losing many customers as a result. We can hope.

Hi TBC,

I bought my 430 from Unkamen Supplies. I've been very happy with it so far. Here's the link if you're interested. They are located in Missouri (iirc I ordered on a Tuesday evening and received it on that Friday).

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi TBC,

I bought my 430 from Unkamen Supplies. I've been very happy with it so far. Here's the link if you're interested. They are located in Missouri (iirc I ordered on a Tuesday evening and received it on that Friday).

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks, that's a great price too. No china wait either. Is the 28 gauge the way to go?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, that's a great price too. No china wait either. Is the 28 gauge the way to go?
I'm happy with it. The thing is it's kind of hard to describe. When you think of 28ga you think of thin flexible very malleable wire. It's not like that. It's tough for lack of a better word. I've heard it described as springy. A friend of mine said he torched his before his last build and it was like working with Kanthal. I'm definitely going to lightly torch a little before my next build. The short answer is I'm very happy with it!

Cheers,
Steve

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Your Welcome my friend! When you have had a chance to try it out, let me know how you like (if you get a chance that is).

Cheers,
Steve
Will do. Thanks for trying so many wires and sharing the advice. I'd have gotten 316l, and that link is such a laughable amount of wire for the price. Haven't gotten shipping info, so I doubt it's going out today. I'll get it this week for sure, I'd hope. Thanks again man.

How is the updated firmware working for everyone? Still no glitches?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another new test/beta firmware has been released today. According to James at Evolv: "The changes are smaller this time around, but I think the improvement to power adjust speed will be welcome". I updated the first post with the new download link (Firmware version 2016-02-23 - EScribe version 1.0.41).

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
really dig the new screen adjustment ui

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
really dig the new screen adjustment ui
Agreed, I already updated all of my mods. I also noticed they added a Temp Locked screen Hold Up Down.
Really nice for those of us using Custom Themes. I asked for that after the last update and James delivered :cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed, I already updated all of my mods. I also noticed they added a Temp Locked screen Hold Up Down.
Really nice for those of us using Custom Themes. I asked for that after the last update and James delivered :cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,
Steve
temp locked screen? forgive me i'm emotionallty wiped out from the tornados. and only on here because I cant get fall asleep
but. I did upload to the mods made a few adjustments and switched all of my 316l profiles to 430. I ordered about 300ft of it, so I'm guessing 316 is now officially dead to me. haha

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you hold the up and down buttons to lock the power adjustment. Now that you have the Temperature Dominate feature it;s the temperature you are locking, not the power. On the last update it automatically changed if you were using the default screen (between Temp or Power Locked Hold Up Down depending if you were using Temp Dominate). If you were using your own custom theme/screens, there was only one screen that didn't change - so you could only use 1 or the other. Temp or Power Locked Hold Up Down. Now there are 2 different screens - Great for those of us using custom themes. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
Steve

PS I hope everything is ok considering tornadoes and all. Were supposed to be getting 6+ inches of snow Wednesday night through Thursday WTF

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
it does I didn't notice it not doing that in the previous update

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it does I didn't notice it not doing that in the previous update
Are using custom themes? Since I was only using TC it wasn't a big deal - I just put in a Temp Locked Hold Up Down because I was just using Temp dominate since all TC. If you were using the default screen, it automatically switched depending on whether or not you were using the temp dominate feature.

PS At about 11 PM I let my Collie out and she got sprayed in the face/mane by a skunk (were on 5 acres surrounded by woods). I spent the next hour giving her a bath :(:eek:. I hate when something simple like letting my dog out to take a pee turns into an hour long PITA lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are using custom themes? Since I was only using TC it wasn't a big deal - I just put in a Temp Locked Hold Up Down because I was just using Temp dominate since all TC. If you were using the default screen, it automatically switched depending on whether or not you were using the temp dominate feature.

PS At about 11 PM I let my Collie out and she got sprayed in the face/mane by a skunk (were on 5 acres surrounded by woods). I spent the next hour giving her a bath :(:eek:. I hate when something simple like letting my dog out to take a pee turns into an hour long PITA lol
bahhahah sorry to hear. but, that's funny. It'll teach the pup to not talk to strangers. lol
yeah I have always used custom themes, even on the rare occasion that It was a Kanthal coil. I just never lock anything. I cant use pockets so its never an issue.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
bahhahah sorry to hear. but, that's funny. It'll teach the pup to not talk to strangers. lol
yeah I have always used custom themes, even on the rare occasion that It was a Kanthal coil. I just never lock anything. I cant use pockets so its never an issue.
More like it will teach me not to be lazy and stay inside when I let her out late at night. You can bet your ass I'll be going out with her for the foreseeable future when it's pitch black outside lol

PS With a high powered flashlight so I can scan the area :D

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
More like it will teach me not to be lazy and stay inside when I let her out late at night. You can bet your ass I'll be going out with her for the foreseeable future when it's pitch black outside lol
or you could fence off a small area for puppy business

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Id rather go out and get some fresh air - was just being lazy tonight. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about - We went out to take the garbage out last night and there were about 15 deer in the back. Like I said we have woods around us - you never know what you might see

Theses are just a few that were left after she finished going ape shit and I got out my crappy camera phone lol
IMG_20160222_181350_zpsof0hqw9y.jpg

Edit Here's a closer shot of the deer
IMG_20160222_181359_zps6koxd0vq.jpg

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Id rather go out and get some fresh air - was just being lazy tonight. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about - We went out to take the garbage out last night and there were about 15 deer in the back. Like I said we have woods around us - you never know what you might see

Theses are just a few that were left after she finished going ape shit and I got out my crappy camera phone lol
IMG_20160222_181350_zpsof0hqw9y.jpg

Edit Here's a closer shot of the deer
IMG_20160222_181359_zps6koxd0vq.jpg
Damn... Dinner! Lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the list of changes the newest test 2016-02-23 firmware added to the 2016-02-12 firmware (as per James at Evolv). The download link has been updated in the 1st post.

This version includes all of the changes of 2016-02-12 and also features:
(1) a friendlier Screen tab,
(2) support for "Hold To Change Material", "Hold To Change Power", and "Temp Locked Hold Up Down" screens,
(3) the speed of power adjustment no longer increases drastically when switching from 0.1W to 1.0W adjustments,
(4) detection of a DNA 200 in recovery mode - now it will suggest a firmware update instead of not showing up until you hit Update Firmware, and
(5) minor bug fixes and improvements to usability.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

VU Sponsors