Become a Patron!

EVOD 2 flashing 3 times

I've had 2 of these for a week. Suddenly today BOTH of them started having problems. When I hit it it tastes burnt, like I'm dry hitting it, even though the tank is full. After a few seconds the light flashes 3 times on the battery. I replaced the coil in one of them, but it didn't fix it. I've also tried both tanks on both batteries and the same problem happens. I'm so confused why this happened to both at the same time! The only thing I did differently is I plugged them into the laptop at work to charge it, instead of my laptop at home or the wall plug. It is possible I fried the batteries or something? TIA!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 3 flashes happen after the battery is turned on with 5 clicks. Plugging the batts in at work on the laptop would not affect it. Turn both of them off, charge them and then try it again.

Clean the connection and check to see if the internal positive contact pin is smushed down too far. Try unscrewing the atomizer by 1/4 turn.

I cleaned the connection and there seems to be juice leaking into the battery. I checked the O-rings and they are all intact and not twisted or anything. Put it back together, let it chill for a minute, hit it once, checked the connection again and there's more juice on the battery. :(
I read on an FAQ that the light blinking 3 times means there's a short circuit- which I guess would make sense if there is juice on the battery?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep. Your atomizer is leaking. Take a q tip and dip it in rubbing alcohol and clean out the 510 connection. Place both batteries upside down on a paper towel over night and see if any juice comes out of the batteries. Check your atomizer to make sure the oring seals are good and that the coil head is seated correctly. If an atomizer constantly leaks, the most common issue is a poor seal in the tank. The tank operates on a vacuum principal. When you take a toot, eliquid is drawn into the coil and wick, but the vacuum you created in the tank by taking a toot pulls the eliquid back to stop it from flooding. When a poor seal is happening, the coil will over saturate and then leak down the connector or out the air intake slots. Make sense?

Check the coil base and rinse it out with hot water. If the little seals on the coil head are not sealing well, it will leak. Make sure you are tightening the coil into the base with a bit of force, no tools, but tight with your fingers.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors