Become a Patron!

Evic VTC Mini won't turn with batt on

zlowly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I've dropped vaping for few months and the bad thing about it is that i turn my self back into smoking a couple of cigars a day...
While I wanted to get rid of that habit again, i decided to pick up my Evic mini once again, roll some coils and put some cotton into the atty straight away. Fool me not, i didn't check the mod first...
I've put the atty and i tried to turn it on, but it can't... It just can't
I've removed the batt and try to check the firmware by using the charging usb, it is still working fine like it is. But, if I put the batt again the mod just won't turn on when i remove the charging usb.
I've tried charging the mod with the batt inside too, but the mod itself won't turn on

I need advice on this thing, do i need to unscrew everything and perform some cleaning? Or do i need to buy new battery?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I left a battery in a mod that I didn't use for a few months and the stand by current drew it below the mods operating voltage.
The only way to tell is measure the voltage of the battery with a meter or try another battery. Take it to your local B&M and try a new battery in the store. Unless you have a physical switch you never turn the mod off only put it into a deep sleep state as it waits for the clicks to wake it up.

roiikkata

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, I've dropped vaping for few months and the bad thing about it is that i turn my self back into smoking a couple of cigars a day...
While I wanted to get rid of that habit again, i decided to pick up my Evic mini once again, roll some coils and put some cotton into the atty straight away. Fool me not, i didn't check the mod first...
I've put the atty and i tried to turn it on, but it can't... It just can't
I've removed the batt and try to check the firmware by using the charging usb, it is still working fine like it is. But, if I put the batt again the mod just won't turn on when i remove the charging usb.
I've tried charging the mod with the batt inside too, but the mod itself won't turn on

I need advice on this thing, do i need to unscrew everything and perform some cleaning? Or do i need to buy new battery?
Some chargers have a "jump start" or "from dead" function if you have one of those it might help to revive or reverse it from sitting for so long. Sometimes batteries will play dead even though they has a full charge depending on their composition. This happened to me with some super high capacity AA ones I found while looking for the highest mah I could find for my Canon Powershot cam. Nothing I did would charge them, they read fine in the charger, etc. So I put them in a jump start compatible charger and it brought them back up to par.
If it works by USB then you know that it works in general, it's just a matter of getting the portable (battery) electricity to it (if you get my picture) so it will stay on. Try cleaning the contacts with some cloth over something you can press the cloth onto them with. Yes, invisible contact-blocking dirt is a thing, trust me. Sometimes it takes just a piece of dust on the wrong part of the nub.

If it's making contact fine with the battery fine as to your standards I'd replace the battery first, then if all else fails, the mod itself. Chips/boards can degrade over time. And even faster if used often then set for a minute. Most common metals do when they have a current put through them. It changes the composition slightly. So I'd think the box should go next if it isn't the battery.

Just a bit of vape knowledge from a young ex-heavy smoker to you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors