Become a Patron!

EVic VTC Mini Display upside down

Help please! Somehow I have managed to change the display on my evic vtc so that is displays upside down and I cannot work out how to change it to the right way up. Can anybody help as google is letting me down and there is nothing in the manual or on the joytech site.
Many thanks

Mark

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a long shot, but try turning the mod off and then press the up and down buttons together and see if that works. That's how you invert the display on an IStick 50. Who knows, it might work on the EVic as well.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Doesn't do anything on mine.

Suppose we should also ask... Mark, have you installed the firmware update? I have not, just wondering.
I don't have an EVic. I was just suggesting a possible answer to the inverted display. :)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is an interesting issue.

Interesting issue. After spending the last hour or so trying to do this, I have still not been able to do it. Your also right there is nothing in the manual about this.
Puzzled

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just saw how to do this on the other forum, turn off the device by pressing the fire button 5 times, then press + and - button at the same time and will turn the display around, tested and it works, why anyone would want to have it upside down I don't know, but it is there.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well... no, it doesn't. At least not on mine. Could you post the link? Maybe they meant the VT and it's a glitch (?) removed from most of the VTCs. or the OP may have the update installed.
Or who the hell knows... it's too weird a thing for this display, to want to guess anymore.

I have the update on mine, and it did work on mine, here is a picture I just took of doing it, make sure the device is off.

X1E8gmr.jpg

I had the same issue! Yeah turning it off and pressing and holding + and - worked for me. You have to hold the buttons down for about 5 seconds.

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I also just had this happen to me and there was nothing in the manual or on their website. I turned it off and pushed the up/down button for about 3 seconds and it switched back.
The weird thing is is that you can't use vtc mini any way so that you could see the screen correctly upside down. Weird

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The weird thing is is that you can't use vtc mini any way so that you could see the screen correctly upside down. Weird
Sure you could. Assuming you're holding the mod with the display up and just took a vape: Turn your wrist toward you and...

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If I want to vape upside down, sure

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
Heh, cool. I was trying to read the live display earlier and was thinking to myself how much easier it would be if I could turn the screen upside down. Thanks.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If I want to vape upside down, sure
*sigh*

Hold the mod (in either hand) with the tank & display up, so you'd be pressing the firing button with (probably) your index finger. Now turn your hand so the mod rotates toward you, bringing the display in view.

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It would still be upside down.

I guess if I would have googled a bit more...anyway I found the answer. In case this happens to you, here is how to fix it.

If you have stealth mode on, take off the stealth mode so you can see the display. Power off by hitting the button five times quickly. Hold down the 2 +/- buttons at the same time. This will flip the display rightside up or upside down.

Then power it back up.

Funny there is no mention of this in the manual.

Grimwald, Oct 11, 2015
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/evic-vtc-mini-flipping-display.706348/

Thank y'all for this forum! Lol. My grandpa's eVic VT mini was upside down and I couldn't figure it out. With the unit on, holding +/- toggles the key lock. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Random. Lol

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
downgrade to 2.0 frimware
and upgrade again
simple

Was that a joke? I seriously hope so.

You honestly want people to plug their mods into their PCs, downgrade, and then re-upgrade?
It takes 3 steps and less than 10 seconds to fix it (turn off, hold +/- buttons for 3 seconds, turn back on) and you want people to start messing with firmware installs. SMH.
Not trying to be rude or anything, but in the future, you should probably take the time and read the previous posts before responding, since the answer was already posted numerous times (and is significantly easier and simpler than your idea)

Help please! Somehow I have managed to change the display on my evic vtc so that is displays upside down and I cannot work out how to change it to the right way up. Can anybody help as google is letting me down and there is nothing in the manual or on the joytech site.
Many thanks

Mark
hey have you managed to fix it? i know how to fix it

Many thanks

Mark
1. turn off mod
2. hold + & - at the same time
3. your mod will flash in the upright position
4. turn mod on and you will be all set

My target mini got lost out side for a month in my yard I live Las Vegas so its dry. It rained once may wen I found it I was so excited I plugged it in realized the was water coming out of the holes on the bottom the display gigged out the shut off I dryer it wen charged it and turned it on the displays been upside down ever since???

VU Sponsors