Ethyl Maltol Vs. Sucralose

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Which do you prefer and why? Or do they each have their own specific uses?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I get a "cotton candy" taste from EM (perhaps because that's pretty much what it is...), but more of a true "sugar" taste from sucralose. That's just my taste, you and others may feel differently.
I also find I don't need as much sucralose to sweeten a mix as I would EM. Again, just me.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I find EM browns my cotton pretty quickly and Splenda doesn't.

I've tried other things too, like truvia and Erythritol.

Honestly I like Erythritol the most.

I want to try xylitol but haven't gotten that far, I know it has a citrus taste to most people.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
EM is intended to smooth and round off sharp edges, ends up making a juice taste dull normally and I always seem to feel like I have somewhat of a film on my teeth lol. It is not a sweetener and will only sweeten something less sweet than itself. there are some things that benefit from a drop of EM every great once in a awhile. confused yet ? Sucralose is a sweetener and its supposed to make things sweet. Use them in very small amounts and work your way up. Its easy to kill a good juice with either.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
EM is intended to smooth and round off sharp edges, ends up making a juice taste dull normally and I always seem to feel like I have somewhat of a film on my teeth lol. It is not a sweetener and will only sweeten something less sweet than itself. there are some things that benefit from a drop of EM every great once in a awhile. confused yet ? Sucralose is a sweetener and its supposed to make things sweet. Use them in very small amounts and work your way up. Its easy to kill a good juice with either.

Yeah sucralose makes it all taste like candy sweet, EM makes for a burnt sugar/cotton candy taste ... but it's so mild it seems a waste.

The sucralose is way too sweet for me, plus I don't know about Splenda enough to use it. Not sure what it does when heated (I see so few Splenda candies).

VU Sponsors