Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes its awful. Tastes like dried out ginger Lol
I felt this way about their praline flavor - just dried out nuts. Has no sweetness whatsoever. Tastes very authentic mixed with other sweet flavors, but on its own I found it pretty nasty. :blech:
Dang, just placed a big order from Bull City. I did pick up the new FA red Orange. You try that one yet?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Not yet, but hope to be snagging them soon!

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really like their lemongrass, lime, cinnamon, and clove. The pound cake is awful imo, but there are others who like it.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Their cinnamon yes is the best out there. Pound cake is arriving today so I guess I'll update with my take on it. Lemongrass sounds interesting!

FLV, similarly to FA, had mostly very potent flavours. It would be nice if someone sold sample packs. I'm pretty sure I could use those as regulars for quite some time.

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really really really liked the pound cake, with zero steeping. I was never really crazy about FW yellow cake and no replacements had were decent. I always thought INW could make a great cake if they took the lemon out of lemon cake. This is heavier better version of what that would have been!!!

I think it's going to be my go-to base for cakes. I think Nonnas would be a great addition for the ricotta accent. I really want to get FLV frosting to try with this. Will also definitely try adding UP to get a nice flavoured coffee cake.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really really really liked the pound cake, with zero steeping.

Telling us how much you enjoy a flavor, but not telling us the % you used; just does not seem fair. :)

Ron
---
"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain"- Miyamoto Musashi

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Telling us how much you enjoy a flavor, but not telling us the % you used; just does not seem fair. :)

Ron
---
"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain"- Miyamoto Musashi
Quite high fro FLV, 2%. However, that was just a tester, I would vape this solo. It's a very good mixer and the percentage would vary vastly depending on what you would be making.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Enyawreklaw over on DIYorDIE is going out of his way lately to hype FLV's cookie dough.

I bought it 6 months ago and don't find it to really "nail" the flavor at all, much less have gotten it to work in anything I've found to be a standout mix. Anybody else pull anything noteworthy out of it?

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So Enyawreklaw over on DIYorDIE is going out of his way lately to hype FLV's cookie dough.

I bought it 6 months ago and don't find it to really "nail" the flavor at all, much less have gotten it to work in anything I've found to be a standout mix. Anybody else pull anything noteworthy out of it?
That guy is a clueless idiot, don't pay too much attention to what he has to say. Regardless I have heard good things about it from people I respect and am trying to find it here in Europe, along with milk chocolate and frosting.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Blue Moon Brewskie

2.5% Yakima Hops
.25% Orange Citrus

Thanks!
I like the way you think! :cheers:

Mixing a few things this past week with FW Red Grapefruit, I think I have to now experiment with concocting a "West Coast" Stiegl Radler. Could be a refreshing vape for the warm days to come....:idea:

Ron
---
"Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes."-Thornton Melon

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks!
I like the way you think! :cheers:

Mixing a few things this past week with FW Red Grapefruit, I think I have to now experiment with concocting a "West Coast" Stiegl Radler. Could be a refreshing vape for the warm days to come....:idea:

Ron
---
"Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes."-Thornton Melon
You're welcome Ron. Please let me know how the Stiegl Radler turns out man. My Blue Moon would be nice on a warm day. Tomorrow's low will be 34 though :D

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll add like 2 drops in a 30 ml. My favorite recipe is 1.5 % TWGS Caramel, 2 drops FLV Custard, 2 drops FLV Vanilla Custard, 2 drops FLV Marshmallow. Sweet, light, and fluffy :)
I'm at a loss with FLV Custard too. Initially single tested it @ 2% and not getting much custard notes.. maybe a light and strange fruity/buttery flavor. I then tried it in a Straw & Cream recipe @ 1% and barely there. It's on only it's 2nd week of steep, but it quickly going to start collecting dust if it doesn't grab me somehow.

AK11

Member For 4 Years
I just got FLV milk a few days ago. Anyone have any experience with it? Seems to be good between 1 and 2%. Unlike every other milk flavor I have it can be S&V'd. Also it smells like whole fresh milk from the cow instead of milk vomit.. lol

I haven't tried it by itself yet, only in a specific recipe I've been trying to perfect.

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm at a loss with FLV Custard too. Initially single tested it @ 2% and not getting much custard notes.. maybe a light and strange fruity/buttery flavor. I then tried it in a Straw & Cream recipe @ 1% and barely there. It's on only it's 2nd week of steep, but it quickly going to start collecting dust if it doesn't grab me somehow.
Yes, it was a bitch for me too. I started at 3% and nearly puked. It left a dry chemical taste in my mouth. That was a great indication that it was way too strong. I dropped it down to 1%. Same thing. .5% and still was terrible. I almost gave up til I remembered how potent the Rich Cinnamon is. I added 2 drops in a 30 ml of unflavored. Tastes eggy with a light fluffy texture. 3 drops was too much for me, but could be your sweet spot.

VU Sponsors