Become a Patron!

Essential Flavorah flavors?

compclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried the FLV Grape at 4% shake & vape just now, cuz hadn't had a chance to mix it up yesters, and it's a little perfumey, but can definitely taste the whole grape juice thing going on. Probably needs steep time. 4% was also probably a bit low, so I'll try it a bit higher later when I have time.

compclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Considering it's not steeped, it might indicate nothing yet. It was only slightly perfumey. The grape wasn't strong enough tho, that's why I was going to try a higher percentage. The 4% was the middle percentage, average mixup for sole flavors from a recipe site, so I might try both higher and lower, and see what steeping does to it.
It might end up only good mixed. No clue yet.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really love their Peach.
I combine it with CAP Juicy Peach & FA Peach in a few recipes & it has improved all of them.

compclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's where I got the average that I mixed at to just try it out. I wrote down all the percentages yesterday while rushing before the mailman got here tho, because I didn't want them all just sitting in the box, holding up me getting into actual mixes, so didn't have time to read all the notes. I really didn't get the candy type flavor tho. Will know more after it has some time steeping.
I can definitely already agree that it's likely going to have some trouble pairing with other flavors. It's sort of a grape juice or grape filling, like a pie. With a bit of sweetener it might be a grape jelly type flavor. Will need a lot more time to be sure though. I can imagine it would be good with a cream or whip cream. Even if grape pie isn't really a common thing, I could see this making a good grape pie with whip cream. Maybe paired with some other berries?
I'll know more in a week. As a shake and vape, it does have a slight perfume note, while also not being that strong, so it's probably not good for a shake and vape. If the flavor doesn't come out more with steeping, and I'm not able to get to higher percentages due to the perfume note, it might be a bit perplexing to work with. Will know more in a week or two.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@compclouds I'll wait for your review. I use grape for a grape flavored cigarillo. The only flavor I have settled for in the past was Hangsen Grape. It's been awhile since I made the flavor but Hangsen grape (real grape-not candy) was really good as a adjunct to the cigar notes/flavors.

compclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use grape for a grape flavored cigarillo. The only flavor I have settled for in the past was Hangsen Grape. It's been awhile since I made the flavor but Hangsen grape (real grape-not candy) was really good as a adjunct to the cigar notes/flavors.
I would never even think about trying to do a grape cigarello. Do you use a black sweet type tobacco? Trying to picture it in my head.

compclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just tried the FLV Grape at 4% again. It tastes pretty good. It could develop further, but it tastes pretty well steeped. It tastes like a very thick bitter juice, like a natural cherry juice, where it has that bit of bitter without much sweetness. It definitely has a little bit of that tartness of like welches grape juice. Definitely a purple type grape juice. I don't get any candy type flavor, personally. I can see where at higher percentages it might turn into a cough syrup type flavor. 4% was likely just barely too high. I think I'm going to try a mix at 3.5% with a bit of sweetener, to try for an occasional grape juice vape. I'm also going to shop to find a pie crust flavor, as I can tell this would make an awesome pie. Maybe with a little blueberry? Around this level, or maybe a little higher, with a bit of sweetener, I can see it being perfect for a PB&J! Depends on how it mixes with the PB of course tho. Definitely one of my top flavors I got so far. Pretty well perfect on it's own.
I also could see it mixing well with a tobacco for a black cigarello vape, but not sure if it's matching exactly what you want, @Artemis.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just tried the FLV Grape at 4% again. It tastes pretty good. It could develop further, but it tastes pretty well steeped. It tastes like a very thick bitter juice, like a natural cherry juice, where it has that bit of bitter without much sweetness. It definitely has a little bit of that tartness of like welches grape juice. Definitely a purple type grape juice. I don't get any candy type flavor, personally. I can see where at higher percentages it might turn into a cough syrup type flavor. 4% was likely just barely too high. I think I'm going to try a mix at 3.5% with a bit of sweetener, to try for an occasional grape juice vape. I'm also going to shop to find a pie crust flavor, as I can tell this would make an awesome pie. Maybe with a little blueberry? Around this level, or maybe a little higher, with a bit of sweetener, I can see it being perfect for a PB&J! Depends on how it mixes with the PB of course tho. Definitely one of my top flavors I got so far. Pretty well perfect on it's own.
I also could see it mixing well with a tobacco for a black cigarello vape, but not sure if it's matching exactly what you want, @Artemis.
Oh, it sounds perfect. It's on my wish list for a next purchase. I wish Flavorah would have a Black Friday sale.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My FLV order arrived a couple days ago...didn't buy the grape, but now I wish I did...:cry:

Forgot about the Apple Cider, gotta mix a batch tomorrow....that really sounded good coming from jimiD

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grape has always been a tough one to work with for me. The only one I ever tried that actually tasted like grape was Lorann's, but that was when I first started mixing a couple of years ago and didn't yet know that the colored ones shouldn't be used for vaping. FA concord is one nasty flavor at any percentage - straight cologne - but their white grape is okay, although pretty weak and not exactly a true white grape flavor. I'll have to try the FV.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Grape has always been a tough one to work with for me. The only one I ever tried that actually tasted like grape was Lorann's, but that was when I first started mixing a couple of years ago and didn't yet know that the colored ones shouldn't be used for vaping. FA concord is one nasty flavor at any percentage - straight cologne - but their white grape is okay, although pretty weak and not exactly a true white grape flavor. I'll have to try the FV.
If you're looking for a true white grape flavoring. Totally Wicked's Gold Standard Grape is very good at roughly 1.2%.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're looking for a true white grape flavoring. Totally Wicked's Gold Standard Grape is very good at roughly 1.2%.
The only TW product I've had the opportunity to use is their nicotine. Can you recommend other flavor favorites from them?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only TW product I've had the opportunity to use is their nicotine. Can you recommend other flavor favorites from them?
Pecan Pie, Biscuit, Strawberry Shortcake, Butterscotch, Sweet Cinnamon, Lemon Sherbet, Cherry, and Watermelon. I enjoy these a lot. Probably left a few out Lol

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also like the Cupcake Batter myself.
And their Crunch Cereal is a good cereal base too:D.

What have you found works for Crunch Cereal. Just got it in, and just now tried at standalone mix at 4%. The most god awful flavor I've ever vaped! Like a sweaty socks soaked in sour milk kind of horribleness. 4% was the suggestion on ELR, so I need to try it at half of that. Hopefully it has some use. This is the first time I've had to just dump a tank of juice out. o_O

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What have you found works for Crunch Cereal. Just got it in, and just now tried at standalone mix at 4%. The most god awful flavor I've ever vaped! Like a sweaty socks soaked in sour milk kind of horribleness. 4% was the suggestion on ELR, so I need to try it at half of that. Hopefully it has some use. This is the first time I've had to just dump a tank of juice out. o_O

Don't have my recipes handy at work, but I think I used 2% in a mix tho.
Along with 2% TFA Dairy Milk plus some others.
CAP Cereal 27 wasn't as strong used at 4% tho.
Think I tried 2% of each and that was the best so far.
But they do need some other helpers IMO.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2.5% Flavorah Apple Cider. That's it man :D

My apple cider arrived a few days ago, just mixed a batch, damn it smells good....cleaning up an atty, to vape it.....:)

Will be back with results...!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awesome buddy ! I hope you enjoy it :)
I added a coupe of drops of Sweet Cream to take the edge off...JC is that strong....I may have went a lil over your recommended %...but it's damn tasty...!

Backed it down to the 2% like you said, that should be perfect. Mixing a 30 ml now...!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to use up a bottle of 12mg nic 20PG 80VG I bought from NN about a year ago.....two hits off that in the Modfather, had sweat running down my forehead.....:giggle:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I added a coupe of drops of Sweet Cream to take the edge off...JC is that strong....I may have went a lil over your recommended %...but it's damn tasty...!

Backed it down to the 2% like you said, that should be perfect. Mixing a 30 ml now...!
Damn.. I mixed Sweet Cream at 2%. I haven't tried it yet.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn that apple cider is delicious with a little sweet cream....!

Glad I bought a large bottle.

compclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I kinda slacked, and took a few days to mix up another percentage of the FLV Grape with sweetener, due to experimenting with other flavors, and then totally forgot it was on my shelf waiting to try, while I vaped through some old stash I'd like to get rid of. Not that it's gonna go bad, just...okay I'm cheap AF and don't like throwing juice away. So I mix different flavors of stuff I don't like and try to get something that's at least vapeable, and occasionally is actually good. Got my only two ADV's doing that. Of course, then I'll put it on my list of flavors to try to mix, to recreate it, which will likely be impossible.
I tried 3.6% FLV Grape & 1.2% TFA Sweetener. It's somewhere between Welches & Ocean Spray. Considering I don't like Ocean Spray, I think I'll move my way back up to the 4%, but slowly, and try with a little less sweetener. It's good enough for the occasional vape or mixing with other flavors on the RDA though, so I'm gonna move to 15mil batches with nic on it, so I can get more precise control of the percentages. Just will take me a little longer, as I'll likely vape through most of it before I mix up another test batch. I'm figuring maybe about 3.8% FLV grape, with somewhere close to 1% Sweetener? 4% was a little strong, but we're talking a very small percentage difference, and the sweetener might have actually made it pretty good at the 4% level. Maybe it woulda been like grape jelly almost?
I also tried it with CAP Blueberry! First taste was near ADV territory, but then I took a few more vapes, and realized the proportions are all wrong, so gonna play with that.
All in all, I'm very satisfied with the FLV Grape. Of the fruits I got, it's more than likely my favorite. But it's also the only one I managed to get a really strong taste out of.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixing White Chocolate and Sweet Cream is delicious.

White Chocolate is on my list of potential flavors I really want to try to work with next. My girl is obsessed with those oreo cookies covered in it, so i think tinkering with an already solid oreo recipe i have might prove to be a real winner for her.

What is FLV's like? The "chalky" description on the site kinda put me off when I read it.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
White Chocolate is on my list of potential flavors I really want to try to work with next. My girl is obsessed with those oreo cookies covered in it, so i think tinkering with an already solid oreo recipe i have might prove to be a real winner for her.

What is FLV's like? The "chalky" description on the site kinda put me off when I read it.
dumb ass internet Lol

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I wouldn't describe it as chalky. To me it tastes a bit like weak chocolate. 3% was way too strong. 2% is pushing it. Lacks a creamy feel. That's why I added the Sweet Cream.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

double post

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fire Cinnamon my ass ! No heat at all. Tastes like sweet cinnamon. Don't waste your money if you're looking for a fireball.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've had a vanilla ice cream steeping for a couple of months. Made with Cream, TW GS Vanilla, and Hiliq's Cooling Agent. Threw in some Orange Citrus. Not bad at all.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what's the under/over on the date Flavorah finally updates their newer flavors on the safety page anyway?

9/1/2018?

AK11

Member For 4 Years
Just got pineapple, pink guava, cranberry, and Greek yogurt. Haven't touched the cranberry yet but the other 3 are damn good. I made a pineapple grapefruit last night that turned out great

netweight

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my first order from flv in the other day. Awesome. I bought 5 and they sent me an extra 4. One of which I may have never tried, Persimmon. It's really good shake n vape. I'm a bit too new to be reviewing things or doing notes but I can tell you to check out the persimmon if you dig more tropical type fruits.

netweight

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think you'll regret it. However, one I bought and had high hopes for was Papaya punch. As a snv, not very good, i couldn't even taste or smell papaya, but we'll see how it steeps. Also, I started pretty high at 7% so may have to take it down a lot and retry.

netweight

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To be honest, that does seem high for Flavorah. I try any of my new ones at 2-3% and for most of them that's been plenty. Maybe the papaya is a weaker one, I haven't tried it myself.
Yeah you're right, I overshot it by a lot. It's not that it tastes weak, it's that I don't really get papaya. I get fruit punch with a nasty taste. Gotta be because I used too much. I hope so because I was looking forward to this one. Will redo at 2-3% tonight.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah you're right, I overshot it by a lot. It's not that it tastes weak, it's that I don't really get papaya. I get fruit punch with a nasty taste. Gotta be because I used too much. I hope so because I was looking forward to this one. Will redo at 2-3% tonight.
The flavorah website has this description of papaya punch
Papaya Punch is a brilliant tropical fruit flavor. It can be mixed with other fruit flavors, especially the tropical, or can be used as a top note in a base like Candy Roll. Papaya Punch also stands alone.

1-3% max is what I have read about most of their flavors.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Enjoying 1% White Chocolate/ 3% Red Raspberry today. :)
If I didn't have a shit ton of other flavors I would be into trying every flavorah flavor. The few I tried so far I am so happy with them. The last flavor was the wild melon. It really is a good flavor 2-2.5%. I have some samples of 3 tobacco flavors I'm going to review soon.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had no luck with Crunch cereal either... I'm glad it's not just me.

VU Sponsors