Become a Patron!

Enhanced Flavor and cloud with RBA over regular coils?

Detroit Primetime

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hola :p
Is there a significant difference in flavor and cloud performance with Clapton or regular pre-built RBA coils than for example than a Smok Prince T10 coil? Or is it just because going RBA is a cheaper alternative?

Thank you,
Prime

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my humble opinion NO because I can reproduce flavor and cloud production with whatever I have screwed into any of my MOD's. You would not believe the flavor and clouds I get out of a Nautilus Mini with the 1.6Ω BVC coils. Sure with an SMOK BB X4 I get a bigger cloud but metal mass.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are to many variables to give you a flat yes or no. It depends on a lot of factors. Generally speaking I'm with Steve on this one, no. I can get good clouds and great flavor with my Cleito tank and stock .4 ohm coils. I've tried various other tanks, RBAs, RDTAs, etc., and some get close, but nothing really "better".

My experience with the multi-coils (10 or 5) was always not as good as the single, dual wire or mesh coils.
With the 10-wire coils i got a lot of vapor because of the needed wattage but the flavor never came close to the more simple coils.

VU Sponsors