Become a Patron!

Eleaf Iwu - first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Eleaf iWU Pod System - First Impressions

So this was sent to me by Eleaf for the purposes of this review. Now I don’t use pods much but wife certainly does. We got the green iWu with a rainbow sleeve and she loved it from the get go. Check here for more info:

http://www.eleafworld.com/

Well what can I say. This is lovely little device. It has a few features I that all pods should have -
The battery is a 700 Mah - that means all day guys
It is refillable - hate no refillable pods
It holds 2ml - fantastic - the mores the merrier
It is a really decent MTL vape - the airflow is spot on

So I tried the pod for about a half hour at which point my wife grabbed it. She is a pod guru (she must have ten different pods in the house at any given time). She liked the size. She liked the feel of it in her hands (she has tiny hands). She liked the look of it. She has been using it every day for a week. She thinks the draw is among the best of her pods.

It is hard to see how the airflow works. There are two small holes at the bottom of the pod. On the side of the pose is a nipple. When you replace the sleeve you see two holes on each side. One sits on the nipple and I believe the other is for airflow. Works well. Very well.

Now there is one small issue. To fill the pod you have to take off the sleeve, remove the pod (magnetic and easy to do), remove a plug on the side of the pod and fill. All that is fine. But the plug is finicky. Resealing the pod with the plug is not easy. It just does not want to sit flat. You worry that it is going to leak. It has never leaked in a week of use, BTW. But you worry. When you replace the sleeve it flattens out the plug. But you have to replace carefully.

So the USB port is on the bottom and everything fits together nicely. It charges pretty fast too. I have already seen different sleeves up for sale on a few sites so they are interchangeable. The pod itself comes in quite a few colors. We got the green - very vibrant but suits my wife to a tee. For the more conservative there is a gunmetal black version.

Parameter:
Size: 30mm*14mm*98mm
Output wattage: 15W max
Coil resistance: 1.3Ω
E-juice capacity: 2ml
Battery capacity: 700mAh
Weight: 58.48g

5GYzVtI.jpg

bv1UAcc.png

Final thoughts:
My wife would say go for it. She really likes it and it is among her top three pods now. Other than a finicky fill port plug this is a well designed and nice looking device, good flavor and draw and easy to use.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors