Become a Patron!

eleaf iStick with Kanger ProTank Mini2

Hello, this'll be my first ever mod purchase and I'd like to know how this set up sounds to people? From my understanding the ProTank mini 2 has a eGo connector where the iStick has a 510 thread on it but the iStick includes an adapter.

Also, how often would I need to replace the coils inside the mini 2?

This is my first ever mod so go easy on me. ;)

drunkenbatman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It works fine, though I'd suggest going with higher-ohm coils. The iStick kind of lies about it's voltage in the low range, it'll say 3.3V or something but it's actually 4V. Depending on your flavor or liquid viscosity, you could end up with burnt juice -- a higher ohm gives you more of a ceiling.

Also, how often would I need to replace the coils inside the mini 2?

Will be almost entirely dependent on the type of eliq you choose. Dark and sweet may do 1-2 tanks, whereas something like a clear strong menthol can last for 100+ml.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest a Nautilus mini for the Istick. Especially for newer vapers. The Aspire tank seem to just run, and the Protank Mini2 has no variable air flow. The mini Aerotank is better, has better coils, but still the Mini Nautilus just works, with no fiddling.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used Mini Protank 2s exclusively up until about a month ago when I replaced them with Aerotank minis. I'd recommend getting the Aerotanks Minis. The air flow adjustment is IMO, absolutely necessary.

As someone said previously, the iStick tends to run a little hot with a fully charged battery. The dual coil heads seem to work better than the single coil heads do on the iStick.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Love my istick with aspire bvc tanks (ce5 and ets). Can't speak to the protank as I've never used one, but definitely with kkanger heads go with a higher ohm, my evods run best about 2.2, however my bvc are 1.8 and its perfect for me, running about 8-9 watts (yes I'm a lightweight)

Not a huge fan of the nautilus but if you are getting one I suggest you get the full size. these suck up juice like crazy and it's nice to not have to fill all the time. I love aerotanks and even the protank is good. If you get the protank make sure you buy the airflow adjuster with it....like night and day

VU Sponsors