Become a Patron!

Eleaf iStick Pico S w/ELLO Vate

karacal

Member For 4 Years
Good Evening fellow vapers.
Karacal here with a review of the new iStick Pico S w/ ELLO Vate tank.

This product was sent to me directly from the Eleaf factory and does not influence my opinion in any way( a product either works or doesn't). I review to help vapers decide which products a person may like or purchase and to keep people away from harmful tobacco products.

Lets get started.....
eleaf-istick-pico-s-jpg.737805

Product Introduction:
Inspired by sports car, Eleaf new iStick Pico S with ELLO VATE is meticulously designed to be the most visually appealing setup, having a bare battery tube with the design of corroded texture, a resin 810 drip tip and decorative 7-color LEDs. In addition to its aggressive appearance, the iStick Pico S kit also utilizes new HW-Net and HW-Multihole coils to present an unprecedented vaping experience. It is capable of firing up to 100 watts by single 21700 or 18650 battery and a high drain Avatar AVB 21700 battery (4000mAh) is available for your option. To feel the change, to vape with Eleaf iStick Pico S kit.

Parameter:
Size: 52.5mm*28.5mm*128mm (6.5ml version)
52.5mm*28.5mm*120mm (2ml EU version)
Weight: 198.7g (6.5ml version, without cell)
192.9g (2ml EU version, without cell)
E-liquid capacity: 6.5ml / 2ml
Battery type: 21700 / 18650
Output wattage: 100W max
Output voltage: 0.5V-9V
Resistance range: 0.05Ω-3.0Ω (VW/Bypass mode)
0.05Ω-1.5Ω (TC-Ni/Ti/SS/M1/M2/M3 mode)
Colors: red, black, white, silver, dazzling, blue
istick-s-2-png.737809

The coils are in the mesh family that are growing very popular among the industry. The HW-M is a perforated metal and the HW-N is your common mesh coils. I noticed with the HW-M coil that you REALLY need to prime the cotton on the inside since the Multihole coil does heat up REALLY fast. I used it with 70/30 and 80/20 liquids and noticed that it does start to dry out quicker when/if you chain vape it. With the Net coil I found the coil to last longer especially when using a 50/50 liquid. I believe if the outer juice slots were more open instead of slotted, that these coils would be able to keep up with the liquid consumption. But as far as flavor and vapor these coils do not disappoint.
(the baby beast coils are compatible with the ELLO Vate)

The ELLO Vate tank looks close to the ELLO Duro but there is added knurling around the top and bottom of the tank as well as 3 airflow slots.
The topfil is as is with the ELLO Duro, you have the option of the self-sealing gasket or wide mouth gasket.
20180423_001049-jpg.737817

The iStick Pico S
istick-3-png.737811

The body is constructed of metal except for the black molding which houses 5 LED strips which can be used as continuously color changing or you can pick a specific color. The LEDS can be switched for those who do not prefer them. On the Silver version I received the lights actually reflect nicely off of the battery sleeve.

The feel the the device is actually very comfortable. My fingers fit right inside between the body and battery sleeve so I had a good grip on it from either direction.
A big plus from the Pico 21700 is the +/- buttons being back on the front of the device, actually contoured with the recessed screen, and don't worry about button rattle, they are very secure and responsive.
1524302988937-jpg.737815

The battery selection that I used was the Avatar 21700(included in the kit), a 20700, and 18650(with silicone sleeve). I like the fact that I can use 3 different types of batteries and not just 1 or the other.
To actually install the battery is different for sure. You actually unscrew the entire battery sleeve from the device instead of a top cap like the Pico 21700. Great + battery marking on the bottom in Red so you won't accidentally put it in wrong.
istickps3-jpg.737813
The "Corroded" texted battery sleeve makes it easy to replace the batteries.

The overall use of the iStick Pico S was quite enjoyable. I used my normal Freemax Scylla NI200 coil for the Ni200 setting with the temperature set at 420F and the wattage at 50W, and the SS I used the VV Icon with dual SS316L coils ohm'd out at 0.14, 55W at 450F.
No issues with either modes.
The device does fire up quickly so no worries about any lag. The only mode I did not try was the Ti since I do not carry any of that specific wire.

If you're looking for a new single 21700/20700/18650 device with a new look, nice weight, good feel, recessed screen, that will hold up to 26.5mm tanks, and a little bit of LED then I would take a look at the iStick Pico S.

I thank you for taking the time to read my review of the New iStick Pico S w/ELLO Vate by Eleaf and hope it helps in looking before buying.

Vape Safe, Vape Happy

Karacal

Last edited:

VU Sponsors