Become a Patron!

Eleaf iStick Nowos 80W VW Kit with ELLO Duro 4400mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the iStick Nowos 80W VW Kit with ELLO Duro 4400mAh from Eleaf. The iStick Nowos 80W VW Kit with ELLO Duro was supplied for the purpose of this review by Eleaf.

http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-nowos-with-ello-duro/

https://www.eleafworld.com/online/produc...mizer.html

Introduction

The iStick Nowas is an 80W device with 2 internal 18650 batteries giving it a capacity of 4400mAh, it also boasts a type C U.S.B connection and supports the QC 3.0 / PD 3.0 protocol. Only having variable wattage mode and no menu system enables the device to have a 3 clicks function to activate touch buttons to alter your wattage meaning because this is the only way the wattage can be altered the device is not going to alter by accident. The Nowos is as user friendly as a regulated device gets and with it's translucent panels has quite a unique look, so let's crack on!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 x iStick Nowos MOD
1 x ELLO Duro
1 x HW-M Dual 0.2ohm Head(Pre-installed)
1 x HW-N Dual 0.25ohm Head
1 x Spare Glass Tube
1 x QC USB Cable
2 x User Manual
Spare Parts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The iStick Nowos Kit came in cardboard packaging with cardboard sleeve and once opened i was met by a device with uniqueness aesthetically. The Nowos comes with translucent front and back panels, depending on which colour option you go for depends whether it comes with White or Black panels. I received the Dazzling version that comes with White panels the other options are Silver (White panels), Black (Black panels), Red (Black panels) and Blue (Black panels), all come with matching ELLO Duro tank. The device is average size compared to a dual 18650 device (makes sense has 2 18650 batteries are inside) and boxed shape but the panels have a curve to them almost like a rounded smooth pepple so along with a large protruding fire button is both comfortable to hold and fire. The chassis which is in the colour of choice is indented in from the panels, one side has the Type C USB port towards the bottom. The other side has a protruding round White fire button towards the top and a reset hole towards the bottom, the base has branding and very generous venting. The top has a slightly raised 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded (with a lot of travel) 510.

ELLO Duro Specs and Features:

Diameter: 28mm (6.5ml version) / 26.5mm (2ml version)
Height: 54mm (6.5ml version) / 50mm (2ml version)
Capacity: 6.5ml/2ml
Innovative and Powerful Subohm Tank
Unique Net Coil and Multihole Coil Systems
Newly Added HW-M and HW-N Coils
Compatible with HW Series Coils
Optional 2ml/6.5ml E-juice Capacity
Convenient Retractable Top Fill System
Adjustable Bottom Airflow Control
Thread: 510
Colour: Black, Blue, Red, Dazzling, Silver, Purple

ELLO Duro Overview

Receiving the standard kit, the ELLO Duro tank came pre-installed with the 6.5ml capacity bulge glass tube, a straight 2ml glass is also included (the EU edition has the 2ml pre-installed), the drip tip is an 810 with o-rings and is acrylic with marble effect. The base has heavy texturing but unlike the VATE version of the ELLO the top section is relatively smooth (the only difference i can find between the 2 tanks), the airflow on the bottom section is tri cyclops with stopper and moves with just the right amount of resistance. The Duro has a top-fill system and where the top needs to be pushed is clearly marked allowing for the top to slide open revealing the fill slot with self sealing membrane. The kit comes with a spare self sealing gasket and a standard open one, once filled the top can be locked back into position, it also comes with spare o-rings and 2 coils. The tank comes apart very easily, just unscrew the base section which allows you to remove the glass, the coils screw straight into the base. Both coils are mesh like wrapped with organic cotton and are the pre-installed HW-Mesh Dual 0.2ohm Kanthal Head rated between 25W - 60W and the HW-Net Dual 0.25ohm Kantal Head rated between 25W - 65W. I actually used the Nowos device mainly with other tanks i am testing as i have used the Duro before but can confirm as expected with mesh coils they give great flavour and both tank and supplied coils are a good match for the Duro.

iStick Nowos Specs and Features:

Size: 83 x 43 x 28mm
Battery Capacity: Built-in 4400mAh Battery
Power Range: 1-80W
Max Voltage: 9V
Resistance range: 0.1-3.0ohm
Output Mode: VW
Charging: 3A QC
Elegant and glossy VW MOD with compact design
Built-in 4400mAh battery with 80W max output
Unique LED digital screen with touch button
Lateral Typ-C charging port with 3A quick charge
Thread: 510
Colours: Dazzling, Silver, Black, Red, Blue

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Using the iStick Nowos

The Nowos is a very simple device which in my opinion would be very suitable as a first regulated device. The device is variable wattage and that's it, so no menu system to add complication for those that like things to be nice and simple. The device is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on the displayed information lights through the translucent panel. I have the version with White panels and was very surprised how visible the display is as it's a White display shining through a White translucent panel but all information can be easily read but the readout is ghosted which from looking at the pics of the versions with Black panels won't be the case, i still like it though as it's different. Top left displays your battery as a percentage which is a big pro then top right displays the resistance. Underneath we have the wattage displayed and underneath this the part wattage if applicable, when vaping the wattage changes to seconds vaped and part second vaped again if applicable, once you stop vaping the display goes back to watts. While charging the device further down the batteries temperature is displayed. If you turn the device on with ten clicks the temperature of both the PCB and the battery is displayed but it didn't matter how quick i pressed the button i couldn't get this feature to work for some reason. The device is designed so it can't change wattage by accident so to change the wattage you need to press the fire button 3 times which activates the touch buttons that become visible by lighting up. The device can be adjusted in point 1 increments up to 20W then 1W increments, either when you take a vape or don't touch one of the touch buttons for 3 seconds the touch buttons deactivate and they become invisible.

Type C Port

The Nowos has inbuilt batteries which are 2 18650's and also supports QC3.0 / PD3.0 protocol for faster charging than ever, it also has the USB Typec C connection so it doesn't matter which way the connector is fitted. The supplied USB charge and firmware update cable has a normal mini USB connector so can be used on other devices but this can be pulled off to reveal the type C connector for the Nowos. While charging an LED shines through the reset hole and the temperature of the battery is displayed on the screen, the device supports vape while charging.

My Experience Using The Nowos

The Nowos fires ridiculously quickly even when pressing the fire button rapidly to activate the touch buttons you can hear the firing kick in, also the protruding fire button is so easy to find and feels really nice when firing. The device is as easy as a regulated device gets to use which will be a big pro for those that look for devices that are as simple to use as possible. The Nowos will accommodate up to a 26mm atty without overhang but the 510 plate is raised and there is a noticeable gap although i have heard that won't be the case with the retail versions so lets hope that is the case. The other thing is battery life 4400mAh is fantastic and being such a simple device you should get the full benefit of that but because i couldn't get the 10 clicks feature to work i snooped on youtube (thinking i might be doing something wrong) and found the capacity is coming up short but it should be just a software issue which will be corrected with a firmware update, although battery life seemed very good to me anyway.

Unique look
Very easy to use
Fires very quickly
Wattage can't alter by accident
Comfortable in hand
26mm without overhang
Good capacity
Touch buttons
Simple easy to read display
Battery indication as a percentage
1W increments after 20W
Type C USB Connector
QC 3.0 / PD 3.0 protocol
3 clicks to be able to change wattage good feature for some people
Although not fully tested this time the ELLO Duro is a very good sub-ohm tank
2 Mesh coils
6.5ml Capacity
Top-fill
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Gap between atty and device (should be addressed)
Capacity may be short of 4400mAh (hopefully just software glitch that will be fixed)
With White Panel a bit of ghosting with display
Lack of features won't be liked by some
Having to press fire button 3 times before changing wattage will annoy some people ( you can't please everybody all of the time)

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for supplying the iStick Nowos 80W VW Kit with ELLO Duro 4400mAh for the purpose of this review.

http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-nowos-with-ello-duro/

https://www.eleafworld.com/online/produc...mizer.html

VU Sponsors