Become a Patron!

Eleaf Istick 80W Ipower Battery life not great, any help?

Hi, since the time I started vaping I have loved and used Eleaf Isticks and I just bought this new 80w Ipower Istick because I only vape as a smoking replacement so not having to buy external batteries was the easiest option for me. But this new Istick with all the features is a but confusing.
So I have had this for a week now and need to always have my charger with me because the first day after I fully charged it, it died and locked on me after 12 hours. Needless to say I was pretty pissed. Before this new mod I have been using the Istick 50w for over a year and, I would buy a new one every 3-4 months and when new..the first 2 1/2 months that battery lasted all day and still had life left when I went to bed.
I need help with this, I need this to last all day and not sure why the battery life sucks when advertised with having a larger battery that last much longer off a full charge.
Can anyone help me with this, I would appreciate any and all help with my issue.

Thanks so much
~S

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Mine lasts a week on a charge at 11W but even at higher watts I get 2 days+

How high do you set yours and how much do you vape?

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
i use the ipower very often, I cant tell you how long it lasts me because i usualy have 2 or 3 devices on me and rotate through them as the day goes. At work, I can use the ipower (istick power) all day at around 65 watts and its not dead when i hit the car to go home.

Mine lasts a week on a charge at 11W but even at higher watts I get 2 days+

How high do you set yours and how much do you vape?

I have my set at 30w, so not high at all. This is just so frustrating and I reached out to eleaf and still no reply in 5 days. I don't really understand all the features. I have it set for a stainless steal coil because I have the crown 2 tank. What have you set on yours?

i use the ipower very often, I cant tell you how long it lasts me because i usualy have 2 or 3 devices on me and rotate through them as the day goes. At work, I can use the ipower (istick power) all day at around 65 watts and its not dead when i hit the car to go home.

Well I think I'm doing something wrong. It has all these weird features that I don't understand, is there any settings I should put it on for vaping and a charge. I'm not into gadgets and don't understand what the settings like M1, 2 or 3 mean, and I think I set it at stainless steal or the coil in my tank but now it says I'm using .53ohs and I vape at 30w right now. Maybe I have to set it right. The manual said something about having it at a certain setting when charging to have the battery last longer or somthing??? Is there a certain way I should be charging it? I usually power fully off my fire button 10 times and it's charges all night, but the I have to plug it in around 3pm because the battery is so low.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah, there is something wrong with yours, I have been testing out the temp control for a few days now and it still stays get days out of a single charge... The setting I'm using is SS 400° F, when I get 5+ days out of a charge it is on normal wattage mode using kanthal

because the charge port is on the bottom, I turn mine off, take the tank off and charge it

M1-3 are for custom tcr values, you can ignore them, they're for people that need to dial in their TC coil material for a better vape experience

Erk469

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the same istick, did you update your firmware? it my not seem important but it might be. I charge mine about once a week, as soon as it gets to about half I recharge. I also have a battery pack that can charge my cell phone and my istick. I just keep in my vape bag. You might want to get one of those.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did you contact the store you got it from and ask for a replacement?

if not, give it a shot, if so, what store was it so I can know to never buy from them ^_^

Yeah, there is something wrong with yours, I have been testing out the temp control for a few days now and it still stays get days out of a single charge... The setting I'm using is SS 400° F, when I get 5+ days out of a charge it is on normal wattage mode using kanthal

because the charge port is on the bottom, I turn mine off, take the tank off and charge it

M1-3 are for custom tcr values, you can ignore them, they're for people that need to dial in their TC coil material for a better vape experience

I have mine set at SS 490. I have no idea what TCR means and all the M 1.2,3 men either. I bought from CanVape.com I emailed them because they have no number but they don't like to get back to anyone...........

I have the same istick, did you update your firmware? it my not seem important but it might be. I charge mine about once a week, as soon as it gets to about half I recharge. I also have a battery pack that can charge my cell phone and my istick. I just keep in my vape bag. You might want to get one of those.

Firmwear????? I have no idea. What is it and how do I do that? And yes, I am going to get one of those battery things.

Erk469

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Firmwear????? I have no idea. What is it and how do I do that? And yes, I am going to get one of those battery things.

Go to Eleaf website and click on support and there is Firmware for the istick power. Download it to your computer, plug your istick into your computer and install it.

Go to Eleaf website and click on support and there is Firmware for the istick power. Download it to your computer, plug your istick into your computer and install it.

Ok, I updated the firmware. The battery still doesn't last. So pissed. I think I got a lemon so I email where I bought it hoping they will let me exchange for one that works properly.

Thanks for your help

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You said you have it on stainless steal because you have a crown 2 so is this setting for a stainless tank or are you using stainless wire?

Scribb|e

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with Wally - just because your *tank* is made from Steel, that has nothing to do with what your *coils* are made from, which is the important thing.

You say that you're using it in Temperature Control mode (which can only be used with Nickel, Titanium and Stainless Steel coils) using the SS430 TCR preset setting - this is quite an 'oddball' steel type - the most common steel that's used to make coils is usually SS316(L) which has a slightly different TCR value.

SS coils are the only type that can be used in both Power Mode and Temperature Control mode - maybe try using those coils in Power Mode - if they're SS, then that's fine - they will work fine in that mode, and if they're Kanthal, then they should work properly in that case.

IMO, it's a lot more likely that the behaviour that you're seeing is down to user error than it is having a defective unit.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Try clicking the fire button 5 times. To turn it off.. then 5 times again to turn it on. Istick works that way, 5 off, 5 on.

VU Sponsors