Become a Patron!

Eleaf iStick 30W with Artic tank- Need help.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The resistance is to low. You probably have the .2 coil in it. .4 is the manufacture stated lowest value. A .5 coil would work but you'd be better served with the 50 watt I stick. It will last longer with the batteries

The resistance is to low. You probably have the .2 coil in it. .4 is the manufacture stated lowest value. A .5 coil would work but you'd be better served with the 50 watt I stick. It will last longer with the batteries

Yeah it says 0.02ohms and I've been looking around, is it possible to raise the ohms? Or should I just go and get a 50W iStick instead? I really would like to save my money though.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's probably 0.2 ohm, not 0.02 - that low and it would explode almost immediately if you tried to fire.

I don't like the iStick/Arctic combo, personally. I have a 50 and an Arctic for my pocket-friendly mod, and I find that even maxed out, 50 watts isn't enough to properly power the Arctic. Instead of ditching the mod, I'd switch tanks - Kanger Subtank can run pretty well at 25-30 watts.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The I stick 30 is great combined with a nautilus mini. You already have an Arctic tank so you can do some research and get a mod that will power that tank well. Or you can do like OBDave said and get a Kanger tank. There's a lot of good stuff out there now that wont break the bank. There are .2, .5 and 1.2 ohm coils available for the Arctic tank. Ask questions, do some research and maybe even stop by the local Brick and Mortar store and check stuff out. Good luck in your quest and Hapy Vaping ! By the way, welcome to the forum Everclear ! There's lots of good people here to help you out !

I'm new to this and every time I try to use my Eleaf it says "Atomizer Low". What does this mean and how do I fix it?
Sorry as I'm probably posting on the completely wrong topic here, but I've just made an account and could do with some help on something that's been frustrating me with my ecig currently, my current setup is the zenith v2 on the innokin cool fire v4, the problem is no matter if the coil is high res or low res I always need to crank my battery up to the full 40 watts, I thought if it was a higher res coil you needed less power but this never seems to be the case no matter what ohm or what coil I'm using? Again sorry for posting on a completely different thread

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off....Welcome Tabbron ! 40 watts may not be quite enough. I use mostly 50 watts when powering my Dark Horse RDA. Also are you using dual coil or single coil ? How many wraps are the coils and what gauge wire ?

First off....Welcome Tabbron ! 40 watts may not be quite enough. I use mostly 50 watts when powering my Dark Horse RDA. Also are you using dual coil or single coil ? How many wraps are the coils and what gauge wire ?
Thank you man, and I've been messing about with coils but I've got in atm a dual coil micro coil with 10 wraps in each, 28 gauge kanthal, it comes to 1.18ohms but I'm still needing 30-40 watts of power, Im just confused as I've seen people like rip trippers putting 12-20 watts of power in builds with similar resistance and get plumes out of their device but I constantly am needing to keep it close to maxed, I had a dual coil setup of two super nano coils which I think came to 0.7 or close too and that worked well but I want to be able to mess around with coils etc, reckon I'll need a more powerful battery?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
try a dual coil 5 wrap 24 gauge kanthal. should come in around .5 ohms. See how that works

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
forgot to mention make those coils around a 1/8th drill bit

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
forgot to mention make those coils around a 1/8th drill bit

@Tabbron 5 wraps of 24 gauge around a 1/8th in a dual coil setup comes out to around .24, a single coil like that is around .48-.5 . I know because my second favorite build is a simple 24 gauge single parallel coil in that setup :) for 28 gauge I'd say try 6-7 wraps around the same size drill bit...don't have to buy any more wire atm till you get more comfortable building with what you've got and it should give you much better results...

My storm V2 atty doesn't like or trap wire below 27 gauge worth a damn, and I know it's just mine because I am sure someone has used 26 gauge in it, it's a dual coil only vertical coil flavor atty with "cylon" airslots that are huge and that thing with dual 27 gauge coils around a 2 mm drill bit will blow some decent size clouds at 30 watts...might not win a comp but it will definitely fog up the room :)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm new to this and every time I try to use my Eleaf it says "Atomizer Low". What does this mean and how do I fix it?

I'm with the other's bud...a Kanger Subtank or an Atlantis Aspire/Eleaf Melow is probably going to give you a happier experience with the 30 watt istick...I use the Melo on my DNA 30 at about 24-25 watts with a .5 ohm coil and it keeps me happy for sure.

You could try the higher resistance coils for the Arctic as they don't require the high wattage that the .2 ohm coils require to put out a good vape and they will fire on your device and it would be the cheapest option of all to try first....it will still be pricey for sure compared to buying a pack of coils online but if you have a brick and mortar shot close by that sells Arctic coils go in there and ask for the .6 ohm coil for it, and I don't remember what the highest resistance one is for it or if they only have two different options, but if there is a third get that one as well and see if they give you a good vape at a lower wattage your device can handle...I love the Arctic but I use the .2 ohm coil at about 65-70 watts for a nice hot, flavorful, and cloudy vape :) Best of luck to you bud and good hunting :)

VU Sponsors