Eleaf iStick 200 watt QC Kit, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
a3655e91dbee7999550e2d92f49ca795.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This kit was sent to me directly from Eleaf specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this kit a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Wow, this thing is super light for a 200 watt mod. I like the brushed aluminum finish. Clean generic looking device. I like the cut out for the screen.

What's In The Box:

* 1 x Eleaf iStick QC 200W
* 1 x Eleaf Melo 300
* 1 x Eleaf ES Sextuple 0.17ohm * Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
* 1 x Eleaf ES Sextuple 0.17ohm Atomizer Head
* 1 x QC USB Cable
* 1 x Set of Spare Parts

Unfortunately there is no spare glass for the tank.

From Top To Bottom:

The Mod:

Stainless steel threaded 510 with a gold plated pin. The threading is smooth and the pin is stiff with a decent throw to it. The 510 fits 25mm tanks with no overhang. All of my tanks sit nice and flush on it.
440bb3eb582a6f255ea75974d0c3d3f8.jpg

The body of the mod is very clean and minimalistic looking. Very small branding on the side. The whole mod except for the screen, top, and bottom is done in brushed stainless steel. The parts that are not brushed are done in black metal.

The screen is small for a mod of this size. It is also very dark and almost impossible to see outside. The buttons are made of plastic and are black in color. The fire button is round and clicky. Below the fire button the screen dips and it almost looks like a cut out. Below the screen are the +/- buttons. They are also black and made out of plastic. They have a good click to them and they do the job. Between the the +/- minus button there is a recessed reset button.
8b5c1a04912422548c0210f744798905.jpg

Eleaf claims it has a 3 cell 5000mAh internal lipo. In reality it would only be 5000mAh if it were run in parallel but this lipo is run in series so it really does not have 5000mAh. If it was run in parallel it wouldn't do 200 watts. I get the equivalent battery life of a dual 18650 setup. So it's probably closer to 1660 mAh. You get the watt hours out of it but it's not a 5000 mAh setup. I get that figure by dividing 5000 by 3. I get most of the day out of it but this mod does not charge quickly. The QC I am assuming stands for quick charge but it takes some time to charge from empty.

The bottom of the mod has some venting and it is also where the charge/update port is located. Not really a huge fan of the port being on the bottom. Especially on this mod, there are a ton of other places they could have put it.
053cac8ccbb8df524d88ab1c17b8f622.jpg

The Tank:
f57e98c55f080636925bd5ed47600f27.jpg

This is a smaller version of the Melo 300. It is not the big boy 6.5ml version. It’s the 3.5ml version. Kind of strange that they included a tank that does 300 watts in a 200 watt kit. It’s not like I vape at 300 watts or even know anyone that does but I did find it curious.
0c54a4f1b50567fc9fb9cf69f0debc30.jpg

The drip tip is proprietary and wide bore. Just what you would expect from a cloud chucking best. It is comfortable but unfortunately you only get one. The top cap has a small unobtrusive platform to it. The top cap is a slider style cap. There is an arrow that marks the opening. Push in the direction of the arrow and the top cap slides open.
78926b748255f835da17b257cdd0de78.jpg

It has a small short conically shaped chimney that screws directly to the the coil. The other end of the coil screws into the base of the tank. These coils are huge and I do wish they included an RBA section for this tank as well as a spare glass. I know there is an RBA section sold seperately but I absolutely hate when companies do that. It should be included especially in a kit. Give me one less coil and the RBA deck and I would be one happy camper. This is a dual bottom airflow tank that has stoppers on it. The tank itself is very airy and a cloud beast for sure. The 510 pin is gold plated and has some nice threading to it.
a20ac50ef7499bfb04d45187e701f8db.jpg

You get 2 ES .17 ohm sextuple coils in the kit. They are kanthal coils. They really need to be vaped at 100 watts minimum. Anything lower than that and the flavor and vapor are just not there. They are huge and they really need to be primed well before installation. Flavor and vapor are spectacular and they are rated up to 300 watts.
485152eaa9d7822eaadbc48176e67dc1.jpg
a5b8ea935927643a35163e09595c6842.jpg

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:
b3dea5e5ff44b70382f26d8c18e37f72.jpg

As I said before this is a very simple, generic, minimalistic looking mod. It does the job but it looks very utilitarian. On the plus side it's very light and actually pocketable for a 200 watt mod. It feels good in the hand and I really enjoy the weight and smooth texture of the mod. Even with a good sized tank like the Melo 300 it is not a heavy mod or set up at all.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Board:

Typical Eleaf board that we all know. It has the full temperature control suite as well as TCR and the standard 3 memory slots. It also has a preheat function, charging function, as well as a smart mode. The smart mode is kind of cool. It recognizes up to 10 atomizers by resistance and saves the wattage. So if you normally vape the .17 coil in the Melo 300 at 125 watts the next time you attach it in smart mode it will automatically set the mod to 125 watts. Kind of cool. Of course like most Eleaf mods the TC is suspect. When it works it works well but I do get kicked out of TC sometimes and it is really annoying.

The Menu System:

While The Mod Is On:

* 5 clicks of the fire button to turn the mod on/off
* Press the fire and - button for stealth mode
* 3 clicks of the fire button to change modes
* 4 clicks of the fire button to change wattage in TC mode
* Press the fire and + button for two seconds to lock the resistance
* In VW mode hold the +/- button for 2 seconds to switch the interface
* Hold the +/- button for keylock

While The Mod Is Powered Off:

* Hold the + and fire button to access the preheat function

Screw on the RC adapter to charge other devices. Unfortunately the RC adapter is a separate purchase and not included in the kit.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

Overall this kit provides a very satisfying vape. Because of the lipo it does hit hard almost all the way through the life of the battery. Battery life is pretty good and it may be a little better than a dual 18650 mod. 100 watts feels like 100 watts and 200 watts feels like 200 watts. I think in wattage mode it is fairly accurate. The TC is shaky at best. When you can get a atomizer to work well the TC is good but I get kicked out of TC too much to give it a pass. The overall vape quality of the kit in wattage mode is very good especially with the smaller Melo 300 tank. I have the .17 coil in there right now. I’m vaping it at 125 watts and I am getting full on flavor and a tremendous amount of clouds. The Melo 300 can definitely run with the big dogs in the cloud beast category. The QC does a respectable job of powering it as well.

Conclusion:

For what it is this is a good kit. We all know the iStick mods are known as a budget mods and that is exactly what this kit is. It’s a high wattage budget kit with a killer tank and an OK mod. I use this mod as my beater mod. It’s my go to the bar, night out, take fishing, leave in the car, I don’t care if I lose it mod. Basically a high wattage throw away mod and I don’t care what happens to it. That’s not a bad thing but it is what it is. I can see this kit having a place in most vapers vape arsenal. It is DeucesJack approved in that context.

Pros & Cons:

Pros:

- The Mod:

* Light
* Good battery life
* Clean look
* Smart mode
* Nice feel
* Smooth texture
* Pocketable
* Hits hard through the life of the battery
* Accurate in power mode

- The Tank:

* Cloud chucker
* Flavor
* Nice top fill design
* Airy
* Well built
* Good threading
* Nice knurling

Cons:

- The Mod:

* Not 5000mAh
* TC is suspect
* Dim screen
* Takes long to charge
* No charging adapter

- The Tank

* Proprietary drip tip
* Only one drip tip
* No spare glass
* No RBA deck
* No 510 adapter

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Specs:

- Mod:

* Dimensions: 3-3/16" x 2-1/16" x 15/16"
* Spring Loaded 510 Contact Pin
* Battery Capacity: Built-in 5000mAh Battery (Triple Series)
* Wattage Output: 1.0 - 200.00w
* Maximum Output Current: 50A
* Variable Temperature Control : Nickel / Titanium / Stainless Steel 316/ TCR
* Temperature Control Range: 100 - 315C / 200 - 600F
* Smart Mode
* Preheat Functionality
* Resistance Range: 0.05 - 1.5ohm for Variable Temperature Control Mode
* Resistance Range: 0.1 - 3.5ohm for Variable Wattage and Smart Mode
* Different Switchable Interfaces
* Micro USB Charging Port
* 1.5A Quick Charge with QC USB Cable
* Cell Balancing Trickle Charge System
* Upgradeable Firmware
* Custom Logo
* Reset Button
* Dual Circuit Protection
* Over-Charging Protection
* Over-Current Protection
* Over-Discharging Protection

- Tank:

* Dimensions: 2-3/8" x 15/16" (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
* Diameter: 26mm
* 510 Threaded
* 3.5ml Capacity
* Retractable Top Fill System
* Dual Airflow Slots
* Knurled Precision Airflow Control Ring
* Glass Tank
* Utilizes Eleaf ES Six Coil Sextuple Coil Atomizer Heads for Variable Wattage
* Includes (2) Eleaf ES Sextuple Coil 0.17ohm Atomizer Head (100 - 300 Watts)
* Wide Bore Drip Tip

If you liked this review or found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me on this forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is that 510 connection seated ?

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk
Fine, no issues so far. I'm sure it's press fitted like most Chinese mods. Mike Vapes actually took his apart on his review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

AdamIsAWFUL

Member For 4 Years
Great review! Definitely going to pick one of these up as I'm an internal battery guy and need something that pushes over 100 that looks good with a 24mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The dim screen is horrible
It's is. I listed it in the cons. For a budget high wattage power mode device it'll do but for a few dollars more there are better choices available especially dual 18650 Mods..

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors