Become a Patron!

Eleaf istick 20 watt

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This device runs very hot! I can't use any tank on it other than my nautilus or it tastes burnt. Even with my nautilus I can't vape over 6.5 watts or tastes burnt! Has ruined aspire bvc nautilus coils at 10 watts!

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, something like 90% over-powered at its lowest setting :(
I only put rebuildables on it, stuff I also use on mech mods, and still end up at almost the lowest setting it can manage!
Oh, and I gave up on using the wattage mode, just got too annoyed with the readout being so far off.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Runs hot, I haven't had any real issues with that except with kanger tanks. Started using exclusively aspire bvc usually run 6-10 watts, does okay. The defender heatvape is a similar device and I've read its a little more accurate. Still love mine, but yeah, that pwm is definitely hotter than my MVP at the same settings.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to be clear... it isn't that it's PWM that causes it to be hot... it's that they set the display to show the AVG ( also called MEAN ) reading instead of the accepted RMS reading that is the standard one that relates to a DC output reading of the same value. That is the one "fatal flaw" this mod has and should have been addressed long ago in their additional batches after their first/second ones IMO.

VU Sponsors