Become a Patron!

Eleaf istick 100w tc

i have ordered this mod and recieved it today. I dont have batteries in the mod yet but when i plugged it into my computer for firmware upgrade i tried to fire it up but it said on the oled panel no atomizer, is this a safety feature because there is no battery in it or is it something wrong with my ijust 2 pyrex tank. Plis help

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Its probably just its way of not letting it fire with only being plugged in by usb. Its only getting enough power through the usb to run the board and update I would imagine. Not meant to be vaped like that. Correct me if im wrong but...with batts in it should be fine.

Its probably just its way of not letting it fire with only being plugged in by usb. Its only getting enough power through the usb to run the board and update I would imagine. Not meant to be vaped like that. Correct me if im wrong but...with batts in it should be fine.
Only if someone with this mod could verify that no atomizer appears when trying to fire from a laptop...

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No atomizer, check atomizer, or short signals are atomizer/tank specific, it isn't getting a reading from the coil in the tank. Could be a dud coil head, coil head not seated down fully inside the base, or the pin from the mod is not making contact with the bottom pin of the tank base, checking these out with a digital multi-meter can help narrow down where things going wrong. On the coil head the bottom pin is the only positive, rest in negative, the tank base, again the bottom pin is the only positive, rest of it is negative, mod itself the pin is again positive, the rest of the mod is negative. Using an opened paper clip, readily handy most times, use the opened tip to gently pry around the pin of the mod, see if the mod pin is to far recessed, this will rule out the mod itself, leaving the tank and tank coil head as the likely culprit.

Battery error signals will be low battery, check battery on most mods. You'll still need batteries to run the mod, do not use a USB cable to charge your batteries in the mod, the eLeaf products are barest of the bare bones cheapest made economy Chevy Sub-Compact of vaping mods, they do not come with balanced charging circuits for multi-battery mods, you'll need a good, quality external charger that is all its job is to do, charge and maintain batteries. Being that mod caps out at 100watts max and is a parallel battery circuit, best batteries for you in order top to bottom are the Samsung 30Q (Lavender), Sony VTC6 (Pine Green), and LG HG2 (Chocolate Brown) 3000mah batteries, all are 18 to 20amp Continuous Discharge Rated (CDR), you'll need at least 4 @ about $5 to $6USD per (20 to 24 $USD), and a good charger, Nitecore i2 or D2, Efest LUC2, or Xtar VC2 which can range from $15 to 25 USD.

You can get both batteries and chargers from the same suppliers, my most recommended if you live in US/CA/Mexico are:
Liionwholesale.com
imrbatteries.com
illumn.com
orbtronic.com
RTDVapor.com

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
without going into a lot of math and physics your mod is basically telling you there is not enough power going through the IC board, it is all being "resisted" by the coil, hence no atomizer error. It is reading the high resistance just the same as if it were a short... no power going through the IC board. Not the actual math or physics, but that is the simple idea behind what is happening. That mod takes 2 18650 batteries, say 20A. The usb is providing 1A.. So the mod knows it is getting power IN but not through. If it did not work this way, the mod would attempt to pull say, 20A from your usb and cook your computer usb port, mother board and or power supply.

VU Sponsors