Become a Patron!

Eleaf ijust S problems

AmPped

Member For 2 Years
I have 2 eleaf ijust S kits. The first one I got was my absolute beginner kit. It leaked like crazy and I did a lot of tightening and cleaning trying to fix flooded coils, juice leaking in the battery part and button, etc. I thought I had solved the problem by buying new coils. I picked up a second eleaf ijust S and used the first one as backup and everything seemed great, new ijust worked great using the .18 ss coils, no leaks, great flavor for the past week -until today. My battery on my new one started going dead, the old kit wasnt being used and but its battery was fully charged, so I switched out the batteries, refilled the newer i just tank I had been vaping all day with fresh juice and tried to carry on vaping. Same coil, same new tank that had been working great all day, but second vape in and I got a harsh hit and a burnt taste. I opened the tank up from the bottom and it apperared that the part where the air slots are and the coil screws in to was flooded really bad(same problem I had with my original kit). I cleaned it out, tried it again, same thing happened...burnt taste..I took out the coil, thinking maybe I had burnt it up , took the coil apart out of curiosity..the cotton was NOT burnt at all. The wire that wrapped around the cotton was black and seemed charred though...is that normal for the wires? At any rate..I am wondering if my problem with the old kit is in fact the BATTERY and not the tank or coils? Is there a way to test it for sure? What could be wrong with it? it is supposed to have a spring loaded pin... thanks for reading and for any guidance

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
That is a pretty straight forward kit. So a few basics

Fill with airflow closed. Open air when filling is your main cause of leaks in top fill tanks.
Prime the wick over the wicking holes AND inside the top of the coil. 1 drop per hole, 3 drops in the top.
Make sure your new coils are installed straight, so it contacts the seals properly.

The burned coil sounds like the cotton did not get properly saturated and burned around the coil a bit.

Now it looks like that mod is fixed wattage, so start vaping by closing the air flow, taking a couple puffs without firing to get things started, then open the air flow full, and start vaping. Adjust airflow until you get the flavor you like. This is exactly the opposite of what i would tell you on a variable wattage mod. LOL.. but since the wattage is fixed, we start with full open air to avoid burning the coil.

Hope this helps.

AmPped

Member For 2 Years
That did help a TON , thanks! That was the exact problem- filling up the tank not knowing I'm supposed to block off the air holes when opening the top. Definately love the simplicity of these ijust S and the taste and vapor production is pretty good using the .18 ss coils with the large wicking holes.

VU Sponsors