Become a Patron!

El Diablo Succubus

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my hands on an El Diablo Succubus clone for $10. Running twisted x3 28g kanthal coils at .2Ω and 55w. Just curious what you all think of this rda. And think 55w is good for this type of build. I'm still quite new to diy and looking for the experience insight of some of you guys. Thanks for all of your input in advance.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a pretty good RDA, has good flavor, just be sure not to over drip as it can leak like a sieve.

As for Wattage, that's subjective, very subjective! Wattage comes down to personal preference, if you enjoy it at 55W, then keep it at 55W. I myself (having done similar builds) know that I would probably be vaping it more between 80W-100W. Wattage is "Wattever" you feel comfortable with.

That's why "start low and bump it up" has become a general rule-of-thumb, start low and just bump it up until you find your happy place, then Vape On!

The only wrong you can do is setting the Wattage too high and burning your wick and throat, so as long as you're not getting dry-hits, you're good to go! :D

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anything from el diablo is top grade. The clone i cant speak for as it all depends how good of a clone it is.
As for leaking, all bottom airflow rdas are proned to leaking, depending on the rda you gotta wick em a certain way and careful on overdripping.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea wattage is UBER subjective. I get into it all the time with my buddy at work who vapes (who got me into it). Ive long since surpassed him with the power, complex builds, gear and all that. He vapes everything really low, 20-30 watts, even stuff like some clapton wire I gave him. I keep telling him you gotta push that power to get the true potential out of it, but he likes staying low lol.

Point is, whatever works for you. If you like what your hitting at 55 watts, then vape happy at 55 watts man. Personally I like pumping my builds to see what I can get out of em. Ive got some regular staples in my RTA now at .2 on the dot and Im vaping that between 85-120 depending on my mood. So do you.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All the ones ive used have been, and ive used a bunch.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried it at 70w as you all suggested and the flavour is even better. I notice that the wicking is a little under what it needs to be so when I get home, I'm going to rewick it and yup the wastage a little more. Thanks so much for all the help. It really helped me to open up the possibilities of this rda And this build. This is my first experience with twisted kanthal and I'm really liking it. Ranks right up there with the claptons actually. Very impressive. And, except for the time that I was using the .25Ω prebuilt crown coil, this is the first time I have capped at this high wattage.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After I rewicked it, I upped the wattage to 80w and then 90w. I found 90w a little warm to my liking, but the flavour at 80w is just WOW!!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Just thought I'd let you know. I finally found three sweet spot for this build. I thought 80w was great until I vaped it at 115w. I took it to 120w, but found it a bit off. So the final verdict for this build is 115w and it is insane. The flavour is off the charts and we'll, I fogged out my Jeep Patriot in just a few inhales off this setup. Ok, it's official, this rda is awesome.

VU Sponsors