Become a Patron!

El cabron clone-any good?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, I am looking to get my first RDA on the weekend along with a subtank Mini.

I phoned the shop I buy from, and they recommended the el cabron ( It was not the most expensive, far from it it was actually quite low in price, so I know its not for money)

What are peoples experiences with this? Is it easy to build on?

He also explains it come with 3 different drip tips to try, so think this will be the one I go for.

Anyone with one who could chime in would be much appreciated.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an authentic. It is a three post design, so it's a little harder to build on than a four post. How about a mutation x v3? Authentics are super cheap, and really easy to build on.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in the UK, so I will have to have a look for a stockist of it. I was thinking a helios clone, they are old though, does that matter? That also would only cost me £7. The mutation X will cost me £35 so is well out of my price range.

The el cabron will cost me £13.99.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have many clones and originals. They might have a lack in quality, compared to the high end original. However, most of them are just as good. Just make sure to clean them good. They tend to have lots of machine oil left from production.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have many clones and originals. They might have a lack in quality, compared to the high end original. However, most of them are just as good. Just make sure to clean them good. They tend to have lots of machine oil left from production.
I'l give it a good clean, would naptha be OK?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'l give it a good clean, would naptha be OK?
I don't think so. I read different methods for cleaning the RDA. Besides taking it apart, including unscrewing the post screws. Some use Vodka, and let it soak over night, then rinse it thoroughly. Others soak in hot water with a drop of dish washing detergent, then rinse it thoroughly. I personally prefer the second step. However, I give it a bath in my ultrasonic cleaner with the heater turned on prior to use.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they use vodka I think naptha would work, as it leaves no residue. I can't have vodka in the house for personal reasons but if the naphtha wouldn't do it(its a good solvent so should break everything down, and leave no residue) I will try hot water and washing up liquid, thats simple anyway so might be what I do anyway.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If they use vodka I think naptha would work, as it leaves no residue. I can't have vodka in the house for personal reasons but if the naphtha wouldn't do it(its a good solvent so should break everything down, and leave no residue) I will try hot water and washing up liquid, thats simple anyway so might be what I do anyway.
Naptha will dissolve the insulators, and possibly the o-rings. Not a good idea at all

streakerz10

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love my el cabron clone the post holes are massive big enough to get 8 strands of 20 gauge into them so it is very easy to work with I like the plastic chuff the best

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my el cabron clone the post holes are massive big enough to get 8 strands of 20 gauge into them so it is very easy to work with I like the plastic chuff the best
What's the size of the post holes?

streakerz10

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure I can get my screw driver that I use for my micro coils in with free play but not quite enough room for my macro coil screw driver

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Come on, time goes fast usually but I only ordered last night lol! Anyone like my conan the warrior avatar BTW lol

Cmd.Gio.420

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the black El Cabron clone & Ive had no issues with mine.. It came with everything the authentic has including phillip head screws to swap out the allen head ones.. Ive built all types of coils & as low as 0.2 ohms & its running like a champ.. No issues at all.. its my fav RDA for now..

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It arrived today and is great, it is like a fog machine with the right coils. I like the plastic drip tip most, as the metal gets too hot quickly.

streakerz10

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It arrived today and is great, it is like a fog machine with the right coils. I like the plastic drip tip most, as the metal gets too hot quickly.
I agree the plastic is my favorite to I'm using 20 gauge nichrome 80 the build is .07ohm and zero problems run about 10-15mls of juice a day on it

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow thats low, I am using a 1 ohm sleeper coil at the moment, that seems to work well so see no need to go lower. Lowest my mod goes is .3

VU Sponsors