Become a Patron!

EJuice tasting burnt

Just started making my own juice and after a few days with a brand new coil I start getting a burnt taste. I am using a Sigelei 150 with a Crown 2 tank and a .25 coil. I usually vape at 80 watts but turned it down to 60 and I get a few more days. My juice is 70/30 vg/pg and my nic is 3 pg. I get my flavoring from Rocking Drops and I believe it is water based. I am using the Ejuice me up calculator for my formula. Any help would be great,

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only thing that springs to mind about the burnt taste is a possible hot spot on the coil heating faster than the rest and burning the juice or the wick.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I can get months from a coil... but except for vaping high PG unflavored juice i don't get more than 3 or 4 days from my wicks.... and i vape at less than 30 watts. might suggest you need an RBA head... so you dont have to change coils so much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have you tried a different coil? I know that sounds pretty basic, but occasionally one gets a bad coil in a box. It's happened to me before. And maybe check on reviews for those particular coils? Sometimes certain coils are just not so great. I know these are simple suggestions, but maybe helpful?

As a mixer of 8 months vaping more than 120 mls per week (still newer to mixing), I would be cautious of water or alcohol based ANYTHING! I use pg based nicotine and flavorings. I've only bought from well known reputable sites (bull city flavors). If anything play with the percentages of your flavorings. It may be a duller flavor but it won't kill the coils as quick if they are water based.

I would also suggest a cheap side airflow rda. They are less than $10 on ebay. Any builder can build it and you can rewick for weeks of fresh vape. It also helps to test your flavors. Do some research, diyordie helped me out. Now I make better and safer juices than I find in stores.

Have you tried a different coil? I know that sounds pretty basic, but occasionally one gets a bad coil in a box. It's happened to me before. And maybe check on reviews for those particular coils? Sometimes certain coils are just not so great. I know these are simple suggestions, but maybe helpful?
I did try a different coil and it still happened. Noy happening at 65 watts but at 70 yes

As a mixer of 8 months vaping more than 120 mls per week (still newer to mixing), I would be cautious of water or alcohol based ANYTHING! I use pg based nicotine and flavorings. I've only bought from well known reputable sites (bull city flavors). If anything play with the percentages of your flavorings. It may be a duller flavor but it won't kill the coils as quick if they are water based.
thanks

warchild

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am experimenting with rockin drops as well and some of my flavors are made with PG and water but I haven’t seen any that are completely water based. I think most of the rockin drops are PG and VG based. They wouldn’t give me any information on what % to use when I contacted them (said it violates some FDA policy) and I am calling bullshit so I will just not be ordering any more of their products. Guess that’s just the way it goes sometimes.

VU Sponsors