Become a Patron!

Ejuice bad for you?

Austins36

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been hearing rumors from friends and online articles saying they don't yet know if ejuice is worst then cigs? Something in the ejuice is bad for you? If this is true why would they let it get so big, can they not just hurry up and test for anything bad? Just curious can't find anything accurate on google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe vaping is an improvement in my health as apposed to when I smoked cigarettes, My lungs are clearer, I am inhaling less carcinogens with vaping E-juice than that of smoking tobacco, more and more testing is being done on vaping and its effect on health, I am sure the conclusions are going to be that it is much more healthier than smoking.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They don't know what they're talking about - another rumor that's unsubstantiated (probably talking about PG and anitifreeze).

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been hearing rumors from friends and online articles saying they don't yet know if ejuice is worst then cigs? Something in the ejuice is bad for you? If this is true why would they let it get so big, can they not just hurry up and test for anything bad? Just curious can't find anything accurate on google

Who's been "letting it get so big?" Big Papa Government?

Vaping has become an alternative to smoking because so many people realized that it is a MUCH healthier alternative to smoking. It's really a grassroots movement which is one of the many things I love about vaping.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not one person has gotten cancer or died from vaping eliquid. Yet.

There is no definate study showing that eliquid is bad.

That's the only thing I know for sure at this point.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rest assured that the governments have been testing this for quite a while. If they found anything that was really bad and made it worse than cigs it would be all over the news and internet. They would have to show it was worse than cigs to drive people back to cigs. They could never say anything good about it because they would loose millions of dollars in cig tax's.
Ejuice may not be perfect but it is one hell of a lot better than cigs. Governments always want and say you should quit smoking?? (If anyone believes that they are living under a rock) You want people to quit then at least push e-gigs as an alternative and a method to cut down and maybe quit altogether. That's my goal..... I hope!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There may certainly be some bad stuff in e-liquid - we've found out about a lot of it (diketones, for example), and those of us who've become health evangelists have gone out of our way to make it known what we know is bad and avoid it.

So far as it being worse than smoking? There's an overwhelming body of anecdotal evidence to the contrary, but unfortunately no scientific proof on either side of that argument...

Morfio

Gaming & anime watchin' lion here!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They don't know what they're talking about - another rumor that's unsubstantiated (probably talking about PG and anitifreeze).

I actually hear this a lot.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Much, much, MUCH better for you than smoking is.

Still not as good as fresh clean air.

But even that seems to be hard to come by these days.

Just ask the population of Beijing, China!

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who's been "letting it get so big?" Big Papa Government?

Vaping has become an alternative to smoking because so many people realized that it is a MUCH healthier alternative to smoking. It's really a grassroots movement which is one of the many things I love about vaping.
It's that CDC-sponsored thing: StillBlowingSmoke dot org. Ugh, all that propaganda they've been spreading. Really pisses me off! All lies! Kinda like the witch hunts all over again. :mad:
But like others have said, try to stay away from diketones. Those are probably not good to inhale too much of.

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I coughed and ran short of breath more with certain flavors, even before I even knew anything about diketones. That prompted me to looke them up, and that's when I found out about them. Just sayin'. But do I still vape those flavors? Yep. :p

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's that CDC-sponsored thing: StillBlowingSmoke dot org. Ugh, all that propaganda they've been spreading. Really pisses me off! All lies! Kinda like the witch hunts all over again. :mad:
But like others have said, try to stay away from diketones. Those are probably not good to inhale too much of.
9315c243-aae6-469d-bc06-8490304015f5_zpswbxkk2kr.jpg

Morfio

Gaming & anime watchin' lion here!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Much, much, MUCH better for you than smoking is.

Still not as good as fresh clean air.

But even that seems to be hard to come by these days.

Just ask the population of Beijing, China!

That I believe. :D

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Vaping is relatively new... It'll be years before someone can say for certain the long term effects has on someone's body.
As of now there are known chemicals used in some flavoring that are known to cause lung damage.
That said, vaping is NOT safe! It's like sex, absence is the safest way. Inhaling anything into your body is not safe.
Vaping is only SAFER than smoking. Vaping unflavored is even safer. Vaping over smoking is all risk reduction.
All that said, I feel a hell of a lot better chain vaping than I did smoking a pack a day....

BlackRibbonMist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know my health has improved. No tar is a big plus. IMO safer than cigarettes
Here's and interesting read
http://taw.sagepub.com/content/early/2014/02/12/2042098614524430.abstract[/QUOTE
I believe vaping is an improvement in my health as apposed to when I smoked cigarettes, My lungs are clearer, I am inhaling less carcinogens with vaping E-juice than that of smoking tobacco, more and more testing is being done on vaping and its effect on health, I am sure the conclusions are going to be that it is much more healthier than smoking.
After 25 years of smoking I had enough especially when I had been diagnosed with Stage IV Malignant Metastatic Melanoma which spread to my lungs as well as my skin.
I was smoking during my treatments!!! What an idiot!!!! I finally threw the stinky shit away and started on my vaping journey. Now I am stable and my lungs look so much better and the airflow is unbelievable!! Being able to take longer and deeper breaths of Fresh Air= PRICELESS!

BlackRibbonMist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Being new to the Vaping social scene, What is with the Anti-vaping Movement? just read several ill-informed blogs of smokers who have quit but do not vape , trashing it? What kind of beef do they have especially when I saw a former smoker call vaping a new addiction...? Am I missing something here or do people just have too much time on their hands to nit pick and start wars?

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's certainly a lot of propaganda out there. If one forms an opinion on vaping, no matter how ill-conceived (maybe they can't afford it? maybe it didn't work for them?), it's not hard to find info out there to back up that opinion, no matter how false the info is. Then that person starts a blog and makes false claims, using the false info as backup "fact" to spread even more hate, and so the ugliness spreads.

I'm mad at CDC, because they're supposed to be a trusted authority on public health, and here they are, bringing all their unsubstantiated, easily disproven claims into mass media to brainwash everybody. All I can think about are the butthurt industries that don't like us (big tobacco, smoking cessation products) reaching out to their contacts in government saying "OK, we've given you all this money, now go do what we paid you to do." They may not be able to stop us on their own, so they're gonna turn public opinion against us so that they can make it illegal, or at least very difficult.

This has gone on since the beginning of time. The early Christians did it to pagan witches in early modern times, the Nazis did it to Jews, the US catfish industry did it to Vietnamese swai farmers, ..haha those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head :confused: :D You'd think they'd learn some new tricks, but they never do - it's always the same thing. :mad:

Sorry for the rant - I'm not at all political - just kinda pissed to see this happening all over again. We never seem to learn.

So for starters, take a look at this site: http://stillblowingsmoke.org
Then look at this one: http://notblowingsmoke.org

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Being new to the Vaping social scene, What is with the Anti-vaping Movement? just read several ill-informed blogs of smokers who have quit but do not vape , trashing it? What kind of beef do they have especially when I saw a former smoker call vaping a new addiction...? Am I missing something here or do people just have too much time on their hands to nit pick and start wars?

First - I vape to support my habit, nicotine, If I didn't vape i would smoke. I really enjoy nicotine. I vape as it's safer than cigarettes. If they want to complain about that so be it.

Anti-vaping: This group (CDC, FDA, STATE HEALTH AUTHORITIES, POLITICIANS AT U.S. AND STATE LEVELS) misinform and lie to the general public to gain the end result of no tobacco use / nicotine. They won't recognize most studies that produce any positive information which doesn't support their end cause. They hire and produce poor science to draw improper conclusion and use the power of the media to inform the public of these finding that always have a negative on vaping.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Actually, I have found that there are very very few people in the world that do not want to have a say in how you live your life. Whether it is sex, love, drugs, racial, politics, money, charity or whatever. If someone isn't telling you what you can or can't do, they are advocating that the government take your money and spend it on what they think it should be spent on.

Vaping is just one more to add to the list. Because it's new.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wake up every day feeling better than the last, vaping improves my day to day life so much, that I'm not too concerned about long term effects.

Flik Flak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sure if they keep looking hard enough they'll find something in ejuice that is bad for us, but that can be said for just about anything.
If I hadn't wanted to stop smoking cigs, I wouldn't vape, and imo vaping > smoking.

All I know is I can now walk further without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack. Well that and I don't feel like I'm going to cough up a lung every morning. So far bronchitis free since I stopped too.

BlackRibbonMist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually, I have found that there are very very few people in the world that do not want to have a say in how you live your life. Whether it is sex, love, drugs, racial, politics, money, charity or whatever. If someone isn't telling you what you can or can't do, they are advocating that the government take your money and spend it on what they think it should be spent on.

Vaping is just one more to add to the list. Because it's new.
Thanks time! that is how I live my life! I swear this group was seriously bashing vaping itself and not politically as if they were better...I guess I will never understand and will know why I seem to care. Everyone should be happy with themselves that would be the ideal world but, we must have conflict to keep us human, it only depends on how you react to them and how you let it affect you! :D

BlackRibbonMist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's certainly a lot of propaganda out there. If one forms an opinion on vaping, no matter how ill-conceived (maybe they can't afford it? maybe it didn't work for them?), it's not hard to find info out there to back up that opinion, no matter how false the info is. Then that person starts a blog and makes false claims, using the false info as backup "fact" to spread even more hate, and so the ugliness spreads.

I'm mad at CDC, because they're supposed to be a trusted authority on public health, and here they are, bringing all their unsubstantiated, easily disproven claims into mass media to brainwash everybody. All I can think about are the butthurt industries that don't like us (big tobacco, smoking cessation products) reaching out to their contacts in government saying "OK, we've given you all this money, now go do what we paid you to do." They may not be able to stop us on their own, so they're gonna turn public opinion against us so that they can make it illegal, or at least very difficult.

This has gone on since the beginning of time. The early Christians did it to pagan witches in early modern times, the Nazis did it to Jews, the US catfish industry did it to Vietnamese swai farmers, ..haha those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head :confused: :D You'd think they'd learn some new tricks, but they never do - it's always the same thing. :mad:

Sorry for the rant - I'm not at all political - just kinda pissed to see this happening all over again. We never seem to learn.

So for starters, take a look at this site: http://stillblowingsmoke.org
Then look at this one: http://notblowingsmoke.org
Thank you so much for the in depth information. I can ask any question here and not start a pissing contest! Thanks for the links to the sites as well they were very informational and gets you into the thinking on both sides of the argument. All I know is I am quite satisfied with using vaping as a way to get rid of most all of the carcinogens I am inhaling as I have cancer that has spread to my lungs and ever since I started vaping I have slowly increased lung capacity and can breathe better! Thanks for the response and bless ya!

VU Sponsors