Become a Patron!

Ehpro Mod 101 Review By DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ehpro Mod 101

Full disclosure and transparency, this mod was sent to me directly from Ehpro for the purposes of this review. That fact will not alter, change or affect my opinion in any way.

c85226ea4483c719f3ff8c71c9ebb341.jpg

62d73fbeacf9c794eb1a39deaf08fd12.jpg

First impressions:

Ok people, we're going old school and back to basics on this one. What we have is a regulated tube mode that does temp control. First impressions are a solidly built mod that comes nicely packaged. For a little mod this tube has some heft to it it. The SS finish is absolutely gorgeous and extremely well done. The 510 is springy with a fair amount of travel and the threading is very good. The battery cap is easy to get on and off and again the threading is very good.
a83f2f8191ccf1aafae8d0e7df16b995.jpg

The Mod:

The tube breaks down into four pieces which includes the battery cap. This mod can be run on either a single 18650, 18500, or an 18350. Five clicks turns the mod on and three clicks gets you into the menu system. The menu system is well designed, simple and effective. This mod runs in Wattage, Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel, and Bypass mode. The firing button is raised and made of SS. It has a nice clicky feel and it’s easy to find. For those that like to use their mods as maracas there is no battery or button rattle at all.
5bfeab9a975389923c1c42a9af0d0683.jpg

The 510 looks be brass and has a nice spring to it. Only 22mm or under tanks will look good on this tube. Anything larger will give you some overhang. The tube does have a .49 inch screen that is very bright and really easy to read in any type of lighting. It displays mode, wattage or temp and volts or watts as well as the resistance depending on what mode you are actually in. Obviously if you're in temp mode you will see the temperature and watts. If you're in wattage mode you will see the wattage and the volts. As I have said before the tube breaks down into four pieces and there are absolutely no seams between the pieces. The threading on this mod is smooth all around from the 510 to the actual pieces of the tube all the way to the battery cap. The battery cap is recessed and and has a line that protrudes down the middle of the cap. This makes for easy battery changes.

Modes:

This tube mod seems to be accurate in all modes. 30 watts feels like 30 watts in power or temperature control mode. TC is very smooth and on point. I pretty much vape in TC mode exclusively and this chip seems to be very accurate and gives me a very similar vape to other mods that I have run the same builds on. The menu system can be a pain. since it's a one button mod going thru the menu can get tedious at times. The good news is the scrolling on the different menus is very fast so if you mess up it doesn't take to long to get back to where you want to be.

Looks and Aesthetics:

I think the looks of this mod is a Homerun. It looks sleek, stylish and smooth. The screen is very much out of the way. It even has a cutout in it that serves as a really comfortable place to rest your thumb or forefinger while vaping. It’s pocketable and skinny while at the same time having just enough weight to it so you know it's there. The SS seems to be of high quality. The mod itself has a smooth feel to it and feels great in your hand.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape?

Overall I am very impressed with the vape quality of this lil guy. TC is surprisingly very good on this little tube. It’s a great single battery mod that looks like a mech mod. All of my 22mm Mini or Nano type tanks sit flush on it and vape really well. The Bachelor Nano looks great on it and I get an extremely flavorful vape without wanting more power. The board seems to be pretty efficient as well. One annoying thing is the mod has an auto shut off. After about twenty minutes the mod shuts down. It's no big deal but it can get annoying when you pick it up to vape, take a pull and realize the mod is off. I ran this mod with the Bachelor Nano ohming out at .48 in SS mode at 480f and 32 watts. I ran this exact build for about a half a day before I had to swap out the batteries.

Conclusion:

If you always wanted and liked the look of a mech mod but like me you're just too pretty or lazy to to get into that part of vaping then this is the mod for you. She vapes fantastic and looks great doing it. This mod is definitely DeucesJack approved. If I was out at a restaurant or a bar and I left this mod behind I would definitely go out and buy another. If you liked this review and found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and give me a follow as well.

Pros:

- Looks
- Simple menu
- Bright screen
- Pocketability
- Three different battery modes
- Does TC
- Threading
- Feels great in hand
- All of the popular Mini and Nano type tanks look great on it

Cons:

- One button menu system can be a pain
- Only 50 watts
- No locking feature
- Auto shut off

Different Tanks and How they Look:

With the Bachelor Nano
44b88946a9a98db0b547c8c0a0bbbdae.jpg

With the Serpent Mini
1b9ae2f3d0979213f78132d7fdb318b1.jpg

With the Oumier White Bone Mini
c4af36c6b54bc49e1de11a2b891cc594.jpg

With the Augvape Alleria
e4ed759fcd1c255100f8c667596c475c.jpg

With the Original Crown
42dd5b9a80fee95b401d00abc3112077.jpg

Specs:

Brand: EHPro
Type: Electronic Cigarettes Accessories
Accessories type: MOD
Model: Mod 101
Material: Stainless Steel
Mod: VV/VW Mod
APV Mod Wattage Range: 5-50W
APV Mod Wattage: 50W
Adjustable voltage range: 0.5~8.0V
Battery Form Factor: 18350,18500,18650
Battery Quantity: 1pc ( not included )

Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.115 kg
Package weight: 0.180 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 11.80 x 2.20 x 2.20 cm / 4.65 x 0.87 x 0.87 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 15.00 x 5.50 x 3.60 cm / 5.91 x 2.17 x 1.42 inches
Package Contents
Package Contents: 1 x Ehpro Mod 101, 1 x English User Manual

http://www.szehpro.com/project/mod-101/

***Note*** If you are a vendor that would like a DeucesJack review please contact me at [email protected].

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thx bro, appreciate that.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ehpro makes good shit.....any ideas on price range......
Sorry man, I don't know. The mod has not been officially released yet.

-William Cowper

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fantastic review, all the points I would want to know about the mod included, without padding out with unnecessary wording.

I REALLY want one of these now- I usually vape at about 30W, so imagine this would be great for me. Also, it looks sexy with the serpent mini, which is one of my favourite tanks for flavour.

Now I just need to justify buying another mod lol.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fantastic review, all the points I would want to know about the mod included, without padding out with unnecessary wording.

I REALLY want one of these now- I usually vape at about 30W, so imagine this would be great for me. Also, it looks sexy with the serpent mini, which is one of my favourite tanks for flavour.

Now I just need to justify buying another mod lol.
Thanks Conan, I appreciate the kind words. I'm really suprised at how much I'm enjoying this mod.

-William Cowper

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Killer bro! Any words on who will carry it state side?

The comeback of the tube!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sorry man, I really don't know. I'm going to email my contact at Ehpro for you and see if I can get any info. I just can't say enough great things about this tube. I find myself reaching for it all the time. Really a great little, pocketable mod. I'll post the information here when I get it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you!!! Im loving the 50w provape tube and would love this or a few of these as an alternative!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jack, I see the dimensions of the packaging, how wide is the top of the mod?

I'm not familiar with the attys you used, except the original Crown, but I haven't used it in so long I forget the width.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Jack, I see the dimensions of the packaging, how wide is the top of the mod?

I'm not familiar with the attys you used, except the original Crown, but I haven't used it in so long I forget the width.
It fits 22mm. Tbh, it's my favorite single battery mod right now. I love this thing. Running my Ammit on it now.

-William Cowper

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review.
This mod looks nice and of good quality.
However, providing to option to run a 50W mod with a 18350 is not advisable since no 18350 has the required amp rating (most have between 1/2 to 1/3 of whats needed).

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great review, Jack! I really like the looks of that mod. Here's hoping the price will be reasonable if/when it hits here in the states.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ehpro Mod 101 Update
bc1063efdb96a617e4805492ee073cc1.jpg

Ehpro sent me the new Mod 101D. Rather than do a repetitive whole new review I decided to give a quick synopsis here with some pics. This is basically a dripper starter kit version of the MOD 101. The tube is almost exactly the same. The chip is the same. The only difference in the tube is the way it breaks down. The original broke down into 4 pieces and was able to run in 18650 mode, 18350 mode and 18500 mode. This version only breaks down into 3 pieces and can only be run in 18350 and 18650 mode.
4f23510d928d98bcc7a40f7fa015c441.jpg

This kit comes with a single coil RDA. Very basic in design but it works really well. The RDA is SS and matches the tube perfectly. It has a 2 post deck with phillips head screws. The juice well is nice and deep for an atty of this size and the airflow is taken from the side. The airflow is smooth but not very wide in range. It does a restrictive lung hit and it’s not really airy at all. The chuff cap is really comfortable but it's not 510 compatible. It does have double O’rings on the base that are kind of tight. Hopefully they will loosen up a bit.
5211cf48e9f747ed75d1e47d792ff689.jpg

f0a65cfeea3740f51208d28d87d747dc.jpg

All in all it’s a nice little RDA for a person that is just getting into dripping. Good little flavor single coil flavor RDA. You can definitely fit a 3mm coil in there but in all honesty I think simple coils will work best for this setup.

Right now I’m running the stock 2.5mm coil that came in the kit. I’m ohming out at .44 in Power Mode at 34 watts. The vape is really nice and flavorful. Overall, this is a nice little kit for someone that wants to try dripping. You get everything you need and you get a true dripping experience. If you have never dripped before and you like the looks of the Mod 101 I would definitely buy it in the kit version over purchasing it separately. Another great job by Ehpro. .

Pros and cons for the RDA Only:

Pros:

- Small
- Simple
- Easy to build
- Good flavor

Cons:

- No 510 adapter
- O’rings are a little tight

-William Cowper

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn enabler! You're almost as bad as ej!
If you keep doing awesome reviews I'm gonna go broke!

I've been searching around trying to find this little badass but am having no luck

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great review as always. Where did you get that tip for the Serpent Mini?
That's a Augvape Merlin drip tip. Most comfortable drip tip ever made.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A

Awesome! Good looking out, I've been waiting to get this one thanks to that Damn enabler @Deucesjack !
Lol, how do I always get blamed when people open their wallets? I have to figure out a way to get them to open their wallets and send me the money. I'm going to look into starting a cult. Lmfao.

-William Cowper

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol, how do I always get blamed when people open their wallets? I have to figure out a way to get them to open their wallets and send me the money. I'm going to look into starting a cult. Lmfao.

-William Cowper
I'd join! We all could be your vaping little drugies! Instead of drinking the koolaid we would get to vape on all the products you seem as dj approved!

VU Sponsors