Become a Patron!

ego style battery

What is a good ego style stick battery? Something that performs well but looks good too. Not looking for sub ohm. Will be pairing it with the aspire nautilus mini. I was looking at the aspire 1600mah cf vv but would like to see other options. Being new to this I find it hard to find a big variety of products here in Canada.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If you're pairing it with a Nauti mini I would strongly suggest an Eleaf iStick or MVP... If you are set on the stick ego style... the tank will be bigger than the battery and would require a beauty ring.... but the Tesla and Ego Spinner are both good options.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even the Nautilus minis are bigger than eGo batteries? I must be thinking of Protank minis that fit the 14 mm profile...regardless, I'll second the spinner/twist style simple VV batteries...stepped up to those after several months on the regulated eGos and they lasted me almost a year.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you do choose to go the eGo style route the best advice I can give you is go somewhere like Discount Vapors and search threw their site...they've got one of the biggest sellections and great service...when I was in my eGo phase I shopped there often...

Anyways, as I was saying, whatever route you go, if you go the eGo route spend the couple of extra dollars and make sure its an authentic brand like Vision or Evod, and not a knock off eBay clone...just like I tell people buying 18650's for their mechs....spend the couple of extra dollars and get a name brand quality battery so you can be safe as possible...an eGo is still a battery, just self contained inside of a metal tube and skimping on quality to save a couple bucks will bring you nothing but grief. The only "generic" eGo I would recommend is the Discount Vapors house brand, they're made to a high quality standard and other than that I cannot recommend anything that isn't name brand made like Vision, or Kanger, or Joyetech. Best of luck shopping :)

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Possibly the itaste vv3 or 4, and u can use them passthrough with USB charging so u don't have to use those stupid ego chargers, those things gave me nothing but fits.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Good advice. Stick to brand names. Once in awhile a generic will live up to the same standards, but more than likely it won't and the frustration isn't worth the savings. When they say "style" it's a generic.

I liked the 1300 mah Spinners because they were fatter and shorter than even the 900 mah. Made it more portable for me. I'm not up to date on the sizes of this last generation (1600 mah and up) but be aware to ck size in the specs.

I used attys that had a bigger dimension and they looked fine with a beauty ring. Saved me from refilling several times a day. I also liked the smaller size when I was in the mood to change flavors a lot. Having a variety is a good thing. I liked the Kanger aerotank line and they come in 2 sizes with air flow control but use same coils. Another line thats gotten great reviews is the Eleaf GS air and 16's. They also use the same coils in multiple sizes with air flow control. The AFC allows a user to customize the draw, or amount of vapor they get and that's very helpful. Both of these are glass so there's no worry about eliquids cracking tanks like there was with plastic ones.

2 other reputable vendors are Desert Vapes and Vape Super Savers. Don't buy from chinese sites or Ebay without being willing to take a risk. There isn't that much price savings anymore.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Boge Spinner III that I've had for nearly a year. Don't use it at all since I've gotten box mods, but it has never faltered. Paid $40 for it at a local B&M, so it would likely be much cheaper online somewhere, but it still works like new and has outlasted any other eGo batt I ever purchased.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My clone vision spinners did me good for a long time, went thru a few, lasted about a yr I guess, so I can imagine the quality on an actual brand name would've been better. Graduated to higher wattage devices and couldn't be happier. If you're gonna stay in the 10w or 3-4v area a vamo is a pretty good choice, way bigger than my spinners were tho, except with an 18350 but the battery life with a 350 sucks.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors