Become a Patron!

Ego One help

Hi, I just purchased my first vape a few days ago, the ego one by Joytech. I am not really satisfied with the stock tank that comes on it. Does anyone know if a herakles sub ohm tank would work with the ego one? If so would it be a good purchase or do you guys have any better suggestions for a tank that would go with the ego one nicely. Thanks!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hi, I just purchased my first vape a few days ago, the ego one by Joytech. I am not really satisfied with the stock tank that comes on it. Does anyone know if a herakles sub ohm tank would work with the ego one? If so would it be a good purchase or do you guys have any better suggestions for a tank that would go with the ego one nicely. Thanks![/QUOTE
No it will Not work on it you need at least 40 watts to get any kind of vape. At 40 watts is about 5.2 volts or so, and your ego one only goes to 4.2 volts.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suspect that you can't use much else with the Ego-one because it's a fairly low power hybrid. Since you've only just started vaping, maybe you can tell us what you want that you're not getting with the existing tank?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amanda is right , they have only the tank that is sold with them that fits it. If that is not working good for you and is not satisfying you, you need to get something that can accept different tanks and coils, Amanda is also right asking you to post what you would want out of a set up so suggestions can match you up best with what will work for you.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The eGo One tank itself is pretty good IMHO,

You just need a bigger battery.

I suspect that you can't use much else with the Ego-one because it's a fairly low power hybrid. Since you've only just started vaping, maybe you can tell us what you want that you're not getting with the existing tank?
Well with the ego one tank it's very hard to see how much juice is left, also difficult to fill. I also feel that it can sometimes be difficult to open up the air flow.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well with the ego one tank it's very hard to see how much juice is left, also difficult to fill. I also feel that it can sometimes be difficult to open up the air flow.

Ah, I'd heard about the first two issues previously. I think as far as tanks you're going to have to get a whole new setup if you're not happy with the Ego One, for the reasons I mentioned above. You could get an Istick (30 or 50 watt) and a subtank for a reasonable price if you wanted to go that route.

Amanda is right , they have only the tank that is sold with them that fits it. If that is not working good for you and is not satisfying you, you need to get something that can accept different tanks and coils, Amanda is also right asking you to post what you would want out of a set up so suggestions can match you up best with what will work for you.
Also still being a new vaper idk about what type of juice I should be using for an ego one, as of now I have 100%vg. Is that okay? Should I get a different mix?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also still being a new vaper idk about what type of juice I should be using for an ego one, as of now I have 100%vg. Is that okay? Should I get a different mix?

It probably wicks better with a 50/50 mix. High VG is more suitable for dripping (well, max VG at any rate). In fact I can't imagine it's wicking at all if it's 100% VG?

Ah, I'd heard about the first two issues previously. I think as far as tanks you're going to have to get a whole new setup if you're not happy with the Ego One, for the reasons I mentioned above. You could get an Istick (30 or 50 watt) and a subtank for a reasonable price if you wanted to go that route.
How much vapor can you get from a Istick 30 or 50 watt?

It probably wicks better with a 50/50 mix. High VG is more suitable for dripping (well, max VG at any rate). In fact I can't imagine it's wicking at all if it's 100% VG?
It is wicking, not bad actually that's why I thought it was fine with 100%.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone is different , some folks like all VG, I like 70/30 mix because too much PG makes me cough. Some can't tolerate one or the other, you just have to see what works best as a mix for you

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am using one on top of my Sigelei 30 watt mini as I write this.

I am using a 60/30 blend. It can be a bit of a PITA to fill until you get used to it. However while it is difficult at times to see the liquid level, you can see it easily when you are close to being empty.

I am using one on top of my Sigelei 30 watt mini as I write this.

I am using a 60/30 blend. It can be a bit of a PITA to fill until you get used to it. However while it is difficult at times to see the liquid level, you can see it easily when you are close to being empty.
Yeah I'll probably try a different blend when I need more juice.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the time being, could he not get a 510 to eGo adapter and use eGo threaded tanks? Or another 510 tank for eGos? I'm not familiar with the eGo One, just wondering about compatibility with other like-threaded tanks.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How much vapor can you get from a Istick 30 or 50 watt?

It depends on what atty you use. I am using an Arctic Sub tank on my iStick 50 watt, set for 45 watts and it is producing massive, massive vapor.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I think the eGo one battery has something like a 4.7v output so with an adapter stuff like the Evod heads would work well with it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Ego One is a battery with some safety things added to it, it produces 4.2V fully charged and then will go down to 3.4 volts before you have to recharge it. It's basically a semi-mech, but with good safety circuity and a .3 Ohm lower limit.

vapekween

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using an ego one tank on an istick 40 for sub ohm vaping and a mini nautilus on the same istick for above ohm vaping. I only use high vg liquids.

Sweet spot for ego one is usually around 18w and around 7-9w with the nauty.

I quite like the ego one tank. Yes hard to fill and not so easy tinsel the liquid but all in all good tank. I will try the kanger subtank mini out once I'm tired of it.

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i put a Kaiser RTA with a single .8 coil on my wife's ego one and she loves it

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years