VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
a little background on my self to start :) hi im "thewife" i started vaping in an effort to quit smoking it made me actually crave cigarettes more! i enjoyed the satisfying burnt paper and ashing my cigarette and that quick buzz the occasional menthol gave me. (is that common?) well i eventually kicked it completely and only used my vape then i found out i was pregnant and although as far as i knew it wasnt HARMFUL i didnt figure it was any good so i quit that too.. im now smoke and vape free.. HOWEVER my husband who has never smoked a cigarette in his life picked up vaping.. first he would snatch mine out of my hand sometimes claiming he just wanted to taste it.. then he bought his own... i never bought any liquid over 12mg nicotine he started off at 24mg.. and he WONT cut back despite my numerous requests because he wasnt addicted.. its like he just woke up one morning and said "im going to force my self into an unnecessary addiction" if he started off low or just vaping with no nicotine i would totally understand.. but straight from nothing to 24mg... and he goes through two sometimes two and a half tanksa day.. so at 24mg/ml thats a lot of nicotine.. thats like 4 packs a day (right?)

ok to my main question... i refuse to kiss my husband anymore... his breath is NOT pleasant... and vaping shouldnt give you bad breath.. and he brushes his teeth i mean i brush my teeth right next to the man.. i would know.. can it still effect your teeth?? ive noticed a sticky yellow looking substance building up primarily in between his bottom front teeth... hes not smoking cigarettes i know for a fact. so wheres this coming from???

this is a photo i found on google its not his teeth and this is the mouth of a CIGARETTE smoker but the gunk in the bottom teeth.. thats what it looks like

Does%20Smoking%20Cause%20Stains%20on%20Teeth%20with%20Braces.jpeg
That is TAR, and NOT from vaping! He may be a closet smoker sorry. Maybe went he went to cigars or a pipe if not cigarettes.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Depending on how dark the liquid is and how much you vape, they can damage your teeth the whole life. I had a terrible time with my vaping. Despite frequent rinsing and normal brushing, my tongue had become brown and my teeth looked worse than when I smoked. I didn't know what to do. With one of my friends suggestion, I took the tooth whitening treatment from online. My teeth looks much whiter since I stopped vaping and took the treatment. I was not looking for a perfect white teeth. But I had a big problem for a while! I hope this helps some.

LINK REMOVED BY STAFF
Seems a little spammy to me

Trail

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't believe the amount of new users signing up for this thread to simply say that vaping causes bad teeth!

I stopped smoking 2 months ago and moved entirely to sub-ohm vaping and inhaling massive clouds.
Everyday i look in the mirror and i see my teeth are whitening a little more, and it makes me very happy!

So f*ck all the tobacco industry sponsored posters! Total BS!

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Purely anecdotal, but I had dental issues as a smoker, and since I started vaping 8+ years ago my dentists has made multiple comments on how my teeth continue to look better. I was getting 3 cleanings a year before, he has me on 2 a year now. He hasn't had to do any major work since then either.

My personal experience- since I started vaping two years ago, by bi-annual dental visits have been easy and pain free. The hygienist has never been more pleased, and neither have I.
I am a hygienist myself and we have so many clients come in with black on their teeth from vaping. I have veneers and started baking a year ago and black started showing up on my teeth and my husbands teeth. Yes, we brush and floss and have regular cleanings. I am seeing more and more of this everyday. I though vaping would be better but cigs never did this to my teeth. I’m starting to cut back now and I haven’t had any black streaks on my teeth. Regardless of how much you brush it will still happen eventually.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am a hygienist myself and we have so many clients come in with black on their teeth from vaping. I have veneers and started baking a year ago and black started showing up on my teeth and my husbands teeth. Yes, we brush and floss and have regular cleanings. I am seeing more and more of this everyday. I though vaping would be better but cigs never did this to my teeth. I’m starting to cut back now and I haven’t had any black streaks on my teeth. Regardless of how much you brush it will still happen eventually.

lmao

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

drinking tea or coffee as well by chance?

should probably see a qualified dentist about that

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

No one bothers to remember the decades of smoking that took place BEFORE they started vaping.
Plus some people have soft teeth and some people have shitty hygiene.

People who make accounts on vape forums just to post about scaremongering anecdotal claims thinking someone will believe them are funny to me.:D

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
have veneers and started baking a year ago and black started showing up on my teeth and my husbands teeth.

Most things you bake have same amount or more tar than nicotine. Quit baking. Brownies are terrible for your teeth

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping a CE2 at 60W will do that.

Lmao?? Whatever.. not making it up. I see it almost daily. Maybe you’ve been lucky. I’ve noticed the ones with this issue including myself use juices with flavor and sugars. On our form when coming into the office we ask if people smoke or vape. We’ve seen more issues on teeth and gums with vaping than smoking. So LMAO all you want....

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Lmao?? Whatever.. not making it up. I see it almost daily. Maybe you’ve been lucky. I’ve noticed the ones with this issue including myself use juices with flavor and sugars. On our form when coming into the office we ask if people smoke or vape. We’ve seen more issues on teeth and gums with vaping than smoking. So LMAO all you want....

Strange my dentist says the opposite ...could tell you easily if someone smokes ...

I have to ask did you have dentures before you started vaping?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My educated guess: you are the same person posting this on Reddit last spring

If it was a thing, ANTZ "scientists" would latch onto this like a priest to an alter boy

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been vaping for 4 + years now and never noticed black on teeth just got less yellow over time with no smoking.
And I vape sweet juices.

I do suspect that vaping can accelerate existing cavities and such.
But only a suspicion.

I have been vaping form last 6 months, and so far I don't see any change in teeth color. not sure, on long run, if that can have any effect.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If vaping changes the color of someone's teeth your doing something terribly wrong.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ummmm.... go to the dentist. Its time 4 some work...
There all solved

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The vaping didn't do it.

Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, coffee, and tea all stain teeth.

Lay off whatever you are doing in the list above if you still do it.

Next, do what @Wb80 said and you will be all set.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It must be those Juuls......Hitting the troll **** cartridge...:devil::devil::devil:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovelites

Unlisted Vendor
Everyone should make sure of correctly flossing and brushing of your teeth, gums and tongue on a daily basis. Mostly, people don’t adopt correct procedure of maintaining oral hygiene. This leads to several tooth-related problems.

VU Sponsors