Become a Patron!

Efest LUC V6 vs Efest LUC Blu6

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why herro there,

Im looking to upgrade my charging situation from my current Efest Luc V4 4 bay charger to a 6 bay charger. Gonna go with either a LUC V6 or a LUC Blu6, but I want to hear from people who may have one (or person as Id like to order soon and quickly). How are they?

Also, whats the difference between the 2? Is the only difference the bluetooth function and app on the Blu6? Or is there other stuff to consider?

Help appreciated, thanks.

Sean.King

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the blu6 and a luc v4. The blu6 is nice and feels like a quality charger. The bluetooth connectivity is useless to me, but if you want to change the charge rate you have to use it. The luc charger is nice as well, changing the charge rate is just a button press away. Its also nice that it has a screen for each bay so you can quickly glance at it and know the status of each battery, whereas on the blu6 you have to use the app or wait for the screen to cycle between each bay. I like the appearance of the blu6 better but I like the luc's functionality more.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vote luc. Blu is gimmicky. Keep it simple and reliable. If you want a serious charger, get a hobby charger. Useful features that aren't gimmicky bullshit. Just my opinion.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, this week Ecig is/was moving the 6 for about $30.
My Luc4 works great but I just couldn't get enthused enough about BlueTooth to pull the trigger.

And now that it's been mentioned... I didn't know there was a non-BT version of the 6-bay. If true... I'm not sure which he was selling.

eta: Interesting, there are two versions. He has both... $30 for the BT and $22 for the non.

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wish Id have seen that, but I bought the Blu6 on Lightning vapes for $50ish. But its all good, theyre givin me some free juice and I got a bunch of cheap wire as well. I decided to go with the Bluetooth version because A) I like the look of it, B) I like the app thing and being able to see it on a phone, and C) Its more of a desktop/table top design vs the regular 6bay. I have the 4 bay (which uses the same design) and the physical design of it drove me crazy. Its not meant to stand up and its too flat to lay down. I always end up leaning up agains something, so hopefully the Blu6 will be more of a nice design. Well see.

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I love my blu6 but you don't need the Bluetooth to change the charge rate you can do it on the charger.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The LUC is exactly like your LUC 4 just with 2 more bays so you already know about that one. The Blu6 is harder to see what's going on at a glance and a bit less intuitive to use unless you're using the app. It does have a nicer physical layout though, and of course the bluetooth. It's really just a question of a) which physical design you prefer and b) whether you want bluetooth. Personally I prefer the LUC but that's just because I think the bluetooth is overcomplicating things.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The LUC is exactly like your LUC 4 just with 2 more bays

You may have the answer to this...

Both the 4-bay Nitecore and Xtar have lower total amp limits than my Luc4.

With the right power supply, I can charge 4X1A (though still only 2X2A).
Can the 6-bay model(s) do 6X1A?
If so ... do they provide an appropriate power supply?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You may have the answer to this...

Both the 4-bay Nitecore and Xtar have lower total amp limits than my Luc4.

With the right power supply, I can charge 4X1A (though still only 2X2A).
Can the 6-bay model(s) do 6X1A?
If so ... do they provide an appropriate power supply?

No you can't. If you're using all 6 then some have to be 0.5A. It's still a 4A power supply. So it has the exact same total power available as the LUC4, you're just able to split it between more slots. The Blu6 is the same way.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks.

It's not often that I charge at 1A (still no need for 2A) but it was a point of curiosity and I hadn't felt the need to upgrade yet so haven't researched it.

Not like they make that spec easy to find anyway... for all the brands.
I've seen plenty of posters surprised they can't 4X1A with their Xtars and Nitecores.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't use BT except for the wrestling with my xCube back when.

What's the real world range like?
I have it upstairs in my bedroom and it reaches downstairs to my living room. I'd say a good 30ft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought I'd give my opinion here. I have the BLU6 and honestly, I LOVE IT! The bluetooth range could be a bit farther however. I have a single story house and to get a reading, I have to be near the room the charger is in, can't really use the app from say, my living room across the house. Nit picking aside, the charger does with it claims and does it well! Got mine from ecig.com for $30! :D

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thought I'd give my opinion here. I have the BLU6 and honestly, I LOVE IT! The bluetooth range could be a bit farther however. I have a single story house and to get a reading, I have to be near the room the charger is in, can't really use the app from say, my living room across the house. Nit picking aside, the charger does with it claims and does it well! Got mine from ecig.com for $30! :D
That device probably has a class 2 Bluetooth transmitter/receiver which is speced @ 10 meters distance. Throw in walls, furniture, etc., you won't be able to see it across the house. The vast majority of devices out in the world are Class 2, like your cell phone, Bluetooth headsets, Bluetooth speakers, etc. Class 1 devices broadcast @ 100mW with a 100 meter distance and are significantly more expensive.

VU Sponsors