Become a Patron!

Economic War with China: Get your cheap attys and mods now?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep some tarrifs and such might happen but big time increases are not probable in the foreseeable future.
reason is big money on both sides would lose profits and they will not let their governments endanger their profits.

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh for fucksakes...now anybody that isn't the corporate media cabal is alt-right...when does the book burning begin....
raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.u1.jpg

Last edited:

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Trade wars and tarriffs don't affect the individual who is importing for personal use.

And for us north of the border it makes no difference at all. Canada/China relations are excellent and nobody is planning any trade war up here

Well, at least not with China. ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trade wars and tarriffs don't affect the individual who is importing for personal use.

And for us north of the border it makes no difference at all. Canada/China relations are excellent and nobody is planning any trade war up here

Sure customs charges tariffs and duties, etc.

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

If the alt-Right (or alt-Wrong, LOL) force Trump to sign an exec order and trigger a trade war with China it may actually get cheaper for non-US sales (more flash sales, etc) to make-up for the loss of US trade (despite additional duties and taxes).

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the alt-Right (or alt-Wrong, LOL) force Trump to sign an exec order and trigger a trade war with China it may actually get cheaper for non-US sales (more flash sales, etc) to make-up for the loss of US trade (despite additional duties and taxes).
Bernie Sanders was also against the TPP and the trade policies with China....the only people for it were the neo cons and Hilary....so tell us again proffesor how half the liberals in America voted for these same policies.are they now like zero hedge part of the great alt-right bogeyman...

Last edited:

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Sure customs charges tariffs and duties, etc.

When was the last time you were charged duty on an importation?

US consumers have a large allowance for any purchases made outside the US before duties are collected. In Canada our limits are far lower.

Last time I checked, US citizens can purchase items for personal use up to $800 outside the country before taxes and duties will be levied. In Canada, it's something like $80.

The key here is for personal use. If you buy 20 of the same thing, it's not likely for personal use. ;)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bernie Sanders was also against the TPP and the trade policies with China....the only people for it were the neo cons and Hilary....

How soon they forget,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:giggle:

China already imposes tarrifs on many US goods. There is already a trade war going on. Has been for years. God forgive if Trump actually fights back, lol.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You do understand that Trump ran on fair trade rather than free trade and won, right?

You haven't said a thing about "a trade war with China" that wasn't said before. You lost the election. Maybe it's time you got over it. :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You do understand that Trump ran on fair trade rather than free trade and won, right?

You haven't said a thing about "a trade war with China" that wasn't said before. You lost the election. Maybe it's time you got over it. :)
he won with the help of alot of crossover votes from democrats in the rust belt......these alt-righters are everywhere

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When was the last time you were charged duty on an importation?

US consumers have a large allowance for any purchases made outside the US before duties are collected. In Canada our limits are far lower.

Last time I checked, US citizens can purchase items for personal use up to $800 outside the country before taxes and duties will be levied. In Canada, it's something like $80.

The key here is for personal use. If you buy 20 of the same thing, it's not likely for personal use. ;)
Never been charged tariffs. did have some trouble bringing back beer from Canada once though.

All I have ever bought from China was maybe a $50 order max.
Have not even bought any vape stuff at all for over a month and only about $20 Since the end of January.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
he won with the help of alot of crossover votes from democrats in the rust belt......these alt-righters are everywhere

Turns out that cheap ipads and maxipads aren't much good when you don't have a fucking job anyway. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Never been charged tariffs. did have some trouble bringing back beer from Canada once though.

All I have ever bought from China was maybe a $50 order max.
Have not even bought any vape stuff at all for over a month and only about $20 Since the end of January.

Thus the point of my original statement - for the individual, trade wars and tariffs don't apply :)

And even though we have low importation limits in Canada, I routinely order more than my limit from various suppliers worldwide and have yet to get hit with duties. This is a good thing - we have sky high prices on everything here in Canada :(

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of the vaping stuff sold in the USA right now is open black market anyway.
if it was not for sale in the USA before 8-8-2016 it cannot be legally sold without going thru the FDA approval process.

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TPP and it's European cousin TTIP are serious crimes against the consumer. Anyone in their right mind would be against it as it gives businesses the right to sue our governments if they pass any laws that affect profits for said businesses. That includes laws passed to protect the health of the consumer. It's much more complex than that but based solely on this information it's nefarious as fuck to say the least.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Most of the vaping stuff sold in the USA right now is open black market anyway.
if it was not for sale in the USA before 8-8-2016 it cannot be legally sold without going thru the FDA approval process.

Lots of Chinese e-commerce sites still offer cheap vaping gear with free shipping to US ... don't know if it gets seized at borders though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good. Party continues (for now).

Can't see it ... have him on Ignore. Must be funny tho. Here's a related one I stumbled upon (for sci-fi fans) ...

8df3e99fe4ba8fb0d1923cf13fe709b8.gif

Yeah me too but I take a look sometimes.
I have a weakness about poking mentally challenged people with a stick to get a response.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good. Party continues (for now).

Can't see it ... have him on Ignore. Must be funny tho. Here's a related one I stumbled upon (for sci-fi fans) ...

8df3e99fe4ba8fb0d1923cf13fe709b8.gif
what a dipshit....even the DNC has given up on the Putin myth......

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what a dipshit....even the DNC has given up on the Putin myth......
Putin and Trump are both singing the same song though.
Make Russia/America great again.
Both need a convenient little war to show their leadership ability and maintain control.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both need a convenient little war to show their leadership ability and maintain control.
Ghandi sang the song make India great again..........idiot.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

LOL @ Leadership.

Who is the libtards leader? Where the fuck did Bernie and Hitlery go? Libtards are running around like blind mice looking for free cheese and there's a racist cat or russian behind every piece. :giggle::giggle:

They've literally become unhinged.

'Leftist' Meltdowns Continue: Therapists Report Huge Spike In Patients Suffering From "President Trump Stress Disorder"

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL @ Leadership.

Who is the libtards leader? Where the fuck did Bernie and Hitlery go? Libtards are running around like blind mice looking for free cheese and there's a racist cat or russian behind every piece. :giggle::giggle:

They've literally become unhinged.

'Leftist' Meltdowns Continue: Therapists Report Huge Spike In Patients Suffering From "President Trump Stress Disorder"

I agree... and it's damn strange to find myself at odds with the liberals, I was one for a long time, but damn, they've completely lost it. I'm still in favor of a liberal social policy, i.e., one's bodyand personal life is no one's damn business but oneself's, but I dunno; these so-called liberals these days seem to be looking for unicorn farts or something.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh there are liberals and then there are radical liberals that the media promotes.
Same with cons.
For every radical liberal you see in the media there is maybe a million that you do not see. They are actually busy helping this country grow and not trying to tear it down like the radicals of both sides are.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Economic Wars will never affect the single purchase made by a simple vaper, only the companies who buy large quantities. Even if the Fucking Dick Association had it way the lone vape will be able to get MOD's, Tanks and e-Liquids into the country.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah .....well when you discuss things like trade and tariifs politics has a tendency to creep into the conversation...imagine that...pet grooming is a subject that you might enjoy that is pretty safe from being encroached upon by the subject of politics.
Yea.....thats what I thought you'd say:cool: Guilty as charged??:teehee:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree... and it's damn strange to find myself at odds with the liberals, I was one for a long time, but damn, they've completely lost it. I'm still in favor of a liberal social policy, i.e., one's bodyand personal life is no one's damn business but oneself's, but I dunno; these so-called liberals these days seem to be looking for unicorn farts or something.

Andria
I think you'd be more at home with Libertarians than Liberals then..Liberals want to control almost every aspect of your being..your thoughts and your speech.they want to police and regulate the internet and ....go to war with Russia.

VU Sponsors