Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
510 - it's like the great Ming Vase DTs but on steroids

I've developed "a thing" for DTs that are the width of 810 but have 510 width inside and draw

There can be a lot of diff though, in the aperture size, even with 510 DTs...my favorite Mings are about 4-5mm, but I have a couple that are 7mm. And I have some of those "genie bottle" type and the aperture is actually too small, though I'm amazed that such a thing exists, given my taste for tight airflow... but if the aperture is only 2-3mm, then the vapor coming thru it is too warm, and I really don't like that -- one thing I hated when I smoked was how, when the cigarette got short, sometimes the filter would burn your lips and stick, causing you to burn your fingers when you tried to pull it away and instead just slid your fingers down over the hot tip -- granted, that didn't happen as much once I got sober. :D

I find it absolutely wonderful how I can wear white clothes now, and not worry about ash marks. :D Or tiny holes burnt in any color clothes. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's weird to me, how much variation there is in cats designated "short hair" -- Tuxie is so designated, yet her fur is MUCH thicker and longer than Annabel's. She's like a plush toy, and her belly fur might as well be a Persian! And the other weirdness is how the "tabby" designation can go either way; Annabel's coat is VERY short, sleek, and seems to shed much less than Tuxie's.

And hey happy Sunday, fuggers, and don't fergit to GFY! :)

Andria

The only designation for cats that I found to fit them is "royalty" because they sure do seem to think they are. :giggle:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ugh - I have to attend a public meeting tonight :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Did you grow an extra hand? :giggle:

Hey, news flash! We have our first freeze warning, from Sat 9pm till Sun 10am. It's not getting down to freezing tonight, but it will be in the high 30s.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Hey, news flash! We have our first freeze warning, from Sat 9pm till Sun 10am. It's not getting down to freezing tonight, but it will be in the high 30s.

Andria

:nothingtoadd: Not true about having nothing to do, should say procrastinating :teehee:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

Screenshot_1.png

Fuuuuuuuck. Thank god Rascal goes to his mommys this weekend. Let her freeze her ass off taking him outside so he can do his bidness lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember my first winter as a vaping non-smoker -- I'd run and tell the mate "It's gonna be cold as a witch's tit tonight, and I DON'T HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE! HIGH FIVE!" :giggle:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I remember my first winter as a vaping non-smoker -- I'd run and tell the mate "It's gonna be cold as a witch's tit tonight, and I DON'T HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE! HIGH FIVE!" :giggle:

Andria

I still have a puppy here so I have to go stand outside.....and its 49 frickin degree's right now!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still have a puppy here so I have to go stand outside.....and its 49 frickin degree's right now!

Best thing EVAH about cats: show 'em a box full of sand, they know what to do! :giggle:

Oh, and also, they don't bark like idiots at every fricken fracken noise they hear!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is always a down side.........:teehee:

View attachment 123943

Yeah Annabel is that kind of cat -- remember that destroyed lamp a few weeks ago! Thankfully, Tuxie is not like that at all. She's the Good Cat; Annabel is the Satan Cat. :giggle: But Annabel is calming down just a little, as she gets older. Dunno if she'll stop being the kind that loves to knock shit off, though.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cats will insist you be more tidy

Yep, thats how cats are :teehee:

I use to have to laugh at my girl tiggs. She would get mad at me for something and march along the couch to where the dog was standing and slap the shit out if him. My poor pit bull boy Rascal had such a complex from that :giggle:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's 37 above and raining :confused:

Its suppose to be in the 80's here with lows in upper 60's at night. Not 30 :xD:

They said it was gonna be a mild winter but if its hitting 30 in november, me thinks its gonna be a hard winter for us.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It ain't even gonna be that cold here, choppie. One night it's supposed to get down to 37, but that's the lowest for about a week-ish; otherwise the lows will stay in the 40s.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe he had to take that crazy SIL to the doc again.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone should know that the VPJ setting is supposed to be 8 and the VCI setting is supposed to be 35.

I am a techo dweeb and have not a clue as to what those settings even mean.

Darned micro singularity got inside my DSL modem and destroyed the flux capacitor.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seen on the news tonight. FDA wants to ban menthol flavor cigs, all cigar flavors as well as ejuice flavors. Better stock up fast!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seen on the news tonight. FDA wants to ban menthol flavor cigs, all cigar flavors as well as ejuice flavors. Better stock up fast!

But will they get the little filtered cigars?
Cherry, Vanilla, etc flavored.
How about pipe tobacco? Been sold as pipe tobacco for years but is used to make cigarettes with.
Flavored and avoids as much tax too.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But will they get the little filtered cigars?
Cherry, Vanilla, etc flavored.
How about pipe tobacco? Been sold as pipe tobacco for years but is used to make cigarettes with.
Flavored and avoids as much tax too.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Went thru many of those tobacco bags making my own smokes. If I remember right a 1lb bag would make three cartons of smokes. Bags went for around $20. The boxes of filtered tubes was $3 I think. So smoking was around $10 carton for me back in 2014 before I quit the first time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I believe the MSA precludes the smoke nazis from doing anything to existing cigarette brands.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I am so thrilled: I'm getting a new bed!

mynewbed.jpg

Wanted a sleigh bed like this for YEARS, and I'm finally getting one. :) :) :) And even better, inside that new bed, I'll have this:

newmattress.jpg

Went over to Rooms to Go tonight and layed on quite a few to find one that was cushy soft and didn't feel like a padded table, as so many of the new mattresses do -- this one is like falling into a cloud! We'll pick up the mattress set Tuesday -- I'm getting a low-rise box spring, to fit nicely within the rails of the bed, so no need for a dust ruffle; and picking up the bed on Wednesday.

Oh, I'm also getting a Tiffany lamp! Saw a gorgeous one at RtG, and since we were financing the bedding with their current 60 months no interest sale, we added that gorgeous lamp to the total. :) :) :)

Also, ordered some nice sheets from Amazon Prime, so they'll be here Sunday, giving me time to launder them and get the ready for the new bed. :) :) :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh butt there is the issue... cigarette brands.
Not pipe tobacco or little filtered cigars?

Not sure; I thought all existing tobacco products were grandfathered in, as a sop to BT, when the smoke nazis first got on the rampage... since they all love that tax money and health be damned. That's why it's so transparent, all this stupid shit about vaping -- they never wanted anyone to ACTUALLY quit smoking, they just wanted a) a whipping boy whom it's perfectly fine to insult and marginalize, it makes them feel so righteous, and b) all that sin-tax money, to support their righteousness. :facepalm:

As I've said before and will continue to repeat... all the control-freaks should EAT SHIT AND DIE SCREAMING!!!!!!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From what I seen on the news last night, cigar and pipe flavors was to be included in the bans. That will sucks huge. I kinda liked a cherry vanilla pipe blend in my shire pipes :p

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
all the control-freaks should EAT SHIT AND DIE SCREAMING!!!!!!

No. Don't let them die. That serves no purpose. Better to let them eat shit and live to tell about eating shit. This goes back to bartender logic. You got to leave one person behind to tell the story so others won't be so stupid, hopefully. Lots of western movies see gunfighters leave the bartender as the last person living and that's why it's called bartender logic.

Well, I am so thrilled: I'm getting a new bed!

:) Happy with and for you. It was a nice thing when we got our new bedding here.

I'm getting a low-rise box spring, to fit nicely within the rails of the bed, so no need for a dust ruffle; and picking up the bed on Wednesday.

We didn't want any damn springs. Got ourselves a captain's style platform and tossed a memory foam mattress she found on the Inter-Webs. In one sense, guess you might say we do sleep on a table. It's comfortable & suits us though.

Speaking of, ...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No. Don't let them die. That serves no purpose. Better to let them eat shit and live to tell about eating shit. This goes back to bartender logic. You got to leave one person behind to tell the story so others won't be so stupid, hopefully. Lots of western movies see gunfighters leave the bartender as the last person living and that's why it's called bartender logic.

:) Happy with and for you. It was a nice thing when we got our new bedding here.

We didn't want any damn springs. Got ourselves a captain's style platform and tossed a memory foam mattress she found on the Inter-Webs. In one sense, guess you might say we do sleep on a table. It's comfortable & suits us though.

Speaking of, ...

Yeah, I slept on one of those "padded tables" when I stayed over with my mom when my stepdad had his heart attack; I hated it, hardly slept at all, the damn bed just doesn't MOVE. Now, such a bed might have kept me and the mate sleeping in the same bed, except for how he snores like a clogged drain no matter his position... but since I sleep alone, I vastly prefer a bed that moves when I do. :D And also a soft cushy bed, not so much the memory foam because I have to turn about every 90 mins thx to my damn sinuses, and if the bed insists on keeping the position I WAS lying in, then it wouldn't be too comfy for the new position. So I had to lay on about half a dozen before I found the Goldilocks, cushy-soft and moves.

I ordered a GORGEOUS bedding set Friday, from BedBath&Beyond... a bit on the pricey side, but Amazon just didn't have anything that really grabbed me... I ordered my sheets from Amazon though, and they should be here today.

These are the sheets... yes, reversible... 500 thread-count

newsheets.jpg

Here's the comforter set -- our whole house is painted in light gray, so it really couldn't be more perfect!

comforterset.jpg

And I found a light gray blanket on Amazon last night.

:) :) :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh also -- finally got a pic of that GORGEOUS Tiffany lamp that we bought from Rooms to Go when we went to pick out the mattress set -- it's so beautiful!

newTiffanyLamp.jpg

The base is cast iron, with a bronzed finish. :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
For health reasons, I started sleeping on a memory foam topper on the floor - it's working really well - a very good decision for my skeleton

I'd of bought or made a platform or bed frame but we're about to move so far away and are not taking dick for furniture

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I slept on one of those "padded tables" when I stayed over with my mom when my stepdad had his heart attack; I hated it, hardly slept at all, the damn bed just doesn't MOVE. Now, such a bed might have kept me and the mate sleeping in the same bed, except for how he snores like a clogged drain no matter his position... but since I sleep alone, I vastly prefer a bed that moves when I do. :D And also a soft cushy bed, not so much the memory foam because I have to turn about every 90 mins thx to my damn sinuses, and if the bed insists on keeping the position I WAS lying in, then it wouldn't be too comfy for the new position. So I had to lay on about half a dozen before I found the Goldilocks, cushy-soft and moves.

I ordered a GORGEOUS bedding set Friday, from BedBath&Beyond... a bit on the pricey side, but Amazon just didn't have anything that really grabbed me... I ordered my sheets from Amazon though, and they should be here today.

View attachment 124519

Here's the comforter set -- our whole house is painted in light gray, so it really couldn't be more perfect!

View attachment 124520

Andria

Sheesh, no deer, no mountain scenes, no spiderman or ironman....boring...............................

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sheesh, no deer, no mountain scenes, no spiderman or ironman....boring...............................

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Nope, none of that garbage, thank GOD. No god either. :D At least, not in my fucking bedroom... or even in my NON-fucking bedroom. :giggle:

The pink is mainly because I have pink (actually, "dusty rose") drapes in here. They're 35 yrs old, but not in tatters, so I ain't replacing them. One of the very first decorating things I bought for myself, when i still lived with my parents, lo these many years ago, so I'm quite attached to them. But finding pink decorative items that AREN'T for little girls is damn hard, so I had to really search high and low... finally found that pink and gray floral set that's absolutely perfect. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, FUCK!!!!!!!!! Got the sheets... and they're fucdking GREEN!!!!!!!!! And KING size, not QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!

Called Amazon, registered my extreme displeasure.... so I should get the replacement order Tuesday, and sending the FUCKING GREEN UGLY BASTARDS tomorrow, on their dime.

FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 124519

View attachment 124520

Andria

It seems you're getting the Mr. Riley treatment for yourself. :)

Can understand a couple not sleeping together. Pap & Grandma had stopped sleeping together after so long together. The main reasoning was Pap would get up at 10 PM to go to work and come back home around 7:30 AM. Grandma said he also did something my wife says I do. We soak the bed from cold sweat, our bodies turn on an internal furnace. I also snore, or did until apnea was diagnosed and I got the CPap.

It's always good to treat yourself well. No one else might.

My mom goes on the 27th to get cancer out. It showed up recently in her colon. The doc she is seeing says they think once it is out, she runs a course of chemo and radiation that there should not be any further trouble from cancer for her. Told her she'll need to see so and so and get some of their left handed cigarettes, keep her apatite and keep from vomiting everything back up.

Saw that Roy Clark had died. Reckon that's the way of life, on into death it goes. To have been young and thought good people were immortal, ... and so I'd give back this taste of wisdom.

VU Sponsors