Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's.

The plans on firing up the smoker today had to be put off until tomorrow. Kinda hard when your out of charcoal :giggle:

While in town seen some pork loins that looked real good. No fat on them to speak of for $1.39 so grabbed a couple of them to throw on the smoker too. Can make some pulled pork with them and throw them in the freezer for my mom. Found out this week her hip replacement is failing and they are gonna have to replace it. So I will throw a few things in the freezer so it will be easier on her while she is recovering.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Im not one to dance, never have been. Not a big fan of Bowie either but thought of this for ya :bunny:

Always my favorite Bowie song. I used to have some patent leather screaming red 3" heels... :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My limerick for POTUS

President Trump ain’t no wussy

He says he grabs chicks by the pussy

Pecker's reports are all tardy

About the perv's Grand Old Party

It makes us all miss George Bushy

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My limerick for POTUS

President Trump ain’t no wussy

He says he grabs chicks by the pussy

Pecker's reports are all tardy

To the Grand Old Perv Party

It makes us miss George Bushy
Omg!!!! Rotf!
Sorry about your mom chop. Love the song too!
Also sorry about not posting pics yet. The dogs..... especially Damien....uh I mean Harry...have me worn out! I may have slept 2 hours since I got him

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Omg!!!! Rotf!
Sorry about your mom chop. Love the song too!
Also sorry about not posting pics yet. The dogs..... especially Damien....uh I mean Harry...have me worn out! I may have slept 2 hours since I got him

Didn't Damien have rotties as guards in the Omen???

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know some of you are music fans... Here's one that I didn't really care for when I first heard it -- a lot of theirs hit me that way. But the more I heard it, and then started listening to it, the better I liked it. So I looked it up on the 'tube, and got REALLY blown away -- one of the most brilliant rock vids I've ever seen... and the music is pretty damn good too. :D

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just surviving Annabel's kittenhood is a new challenge everyday. She destroyed her scratching post today. :facepalm:

Andria
I feel your pain. :eek:
I have to admit I had fun playing with him last night. And, Mr Freeman is happier! He's playing with the puppy. I think this will be good for him. Tabitha still hates him though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I feel your pain. :eek:
I have to admit I had fun playing with him last night. And, Mr Freeman is happier! He's playing with the puppy. I think this will be good for him. Tabitha still hates him though.

Yeah, Tuxie still hisses about half the times she lays eyes on Annabel. The other half, she either runs away like the scaredycat she is, or just stares at Annabel, like "Who invited HER?" :D I'm convinced that Tuxie thinks she's human, till she sees Annabel, at which point she becomes alpha cat and does not want any competition. :D And given Annabel's destructive tendencies, obviously we can't let her have free run of the place just yet, but she's getting bigger, so pretty soon I think we'll just have to let the cats settle their own hash their own way. It might get ugly. :eek:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, Tuxie still hisses about half the times she lays eyes on Annabel. The other half, she either runs away like the scaredycat she is, or just stares at Annabel, like "Who invited HER?" :D I'm convinced that Tuxie thinks she's human, till she sees Annabel, at which point she becomes alpha cat and does not want any competition. :D And given Annabel's destructive tendencies, obviously we can't let her have free run of the place just yet, but she's getting bigger, so pretty soon I think we'll just have to let the cats settle their own hash their own way. It might get ugly. :eek:

Andria
I just called a trainer and will be taking Harry in every Sat for 6 weeks starting the 8th. Since he is so aggressive to Tabitha. He will be much bigger than her. :(
Anyway, I'm sure Annabel will chill with age. We all do. lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just called a trainer and will be taking Harry in every Sat for 6 weeks starting the 8th. Since he is so aggressive to Tabitha. He will be much bigger than her. :(
Anyway, I'm sure Annabel will chill with age. We all do. lol

I hope so. Tuxie was never this destructive. But the bigger problem between the 2 of them is Tuxie -- Annabel will chase her, but only because she wants to play... and Tuxie wants no part of it, or her. :facepalm:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hope so. Tuxie was never this destructive. But the bigger problem between the 2 of them is Tuxie -- Annabel will chase her, but only because she wants to play... and Tuxie wants no part of it, or her. :facepalm:

Andria
I guess you can't crate cats like you can pups. The trainer told me to crate Harry for a few minutes when he gets too rowdy.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess you can't crate cats like you can pups. The trainer told me to crate Harry for a few minutes when he gets too rowdy.

Yeah, my son does that, puts her in the cat carrier which he keeps in his room, when she does something particularly bad. But I'm not sure how much effect time-out has on cats.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

Gotta look at it from Tuxie point of view. She was queen of the roost for eons and now there is an interloper in her domain. Kinda traumatic for a kitty ya know. What you see now is probably as bad as its gonna get. She is acting out and its expected. She wont ever be friends with Annabel yet from what you have said it sounds like she is getting accustomed to it slowly. Tuxie will be ok, she just needs lots of time to adjust :D

It could be worse, my girl Tigs use to go piss on the ex's place in the bed when she was mad at her :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gotta look at it from Tuxie point of view. She was queen of the roost for eons and now there is an interloper in her domain. Kinda traumatic for a kitty ya know. What you see now is probably as bad as its gonna get. She is acting out and its expected. She wont ever be friends with Annabel yet from what you have said it sounds like she is getting accustomed to it slowly. Tuxie will be ok, she just needs lots of time to adjust :D

It could be worse, my girl Tigs use to go piss on the ex's place in the bed when she was mad at her :teehee:

Yeah, I feel bad for Tuxie, and I'm really on her side; I really didn't want another cat; I thought a "lap kitty" would be a good thing to have, but if Annabel ever becomes that, it won't be for YEARS. *sigh* Tonight she broke the oscillating fan in my son's room, by knocking it completely off the dresser. She's very definitely one of those cats who just loves making shit fall on the floor. Tuxie has never been like that, the worst she's done is hide in unexpected places (I've had to pack some of my bookshelves solid, so she doesn't knock the books on the floor when she dives into the dark spaces behind the books!), and she killed a cardinal once, which about broke my heart; I love those feisty birds. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
40239114_1995600207146587_2305370489796689920_n.jpg

scwcustoms63

Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Coyotes are open game here. No license, no permits and no bag limit. You see them, you kill them. We are getting completely overrun here in Georgia. And before you start bashing me, remember, I didn't write the laws, lol. But, I do have to follow them. I am also licensed through the Georgia DNR for nuisance wildlife control. If I have one, and don't euthanize it, I can lose my license.

VU Sponsors