Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah we put diapers on our longhaired dachshund when she had her first heat. Apparently with dogs, it's necessary to let them have that first heat to make sure they're sexually mature before spaying them. We got surprised by Tuxie's first heat, since she was only about 8-9 mos old, I didn't think it would happen till she was around a year old. But I remembered my stepsister's cat and how oddly she behaved while in heat, so when Tuxie started acting odd, I asked the mate if he thought she might be in heat.... He's had several cats, so he thought about it for a minute, and said he thought I was right, that might be what was happening. Cats don't like being confined. Cats in heat especially dislike being confined for SIX FUCKING WEEKS. :facepalm: And cats in heat make the most ungodly yowling, howling, yodelling noises. :facepalm:

Andria
Yeah my son and his wife are giving their cat (that I captured when 4 weeks old feral) to a friend. Since their dog died, it howls constantly and wakes the new baby up. :(
The puppy I'm getting is a male and I have to wait 2 years to have him neutered. omg! It's because they are big boned and need the hormones for proper growth and not getting hip dysplasia. I pick him up Saturday. I'm sure my family will give me hell for not adopting another dog. But that's all I've done is take in pets people couldn't keep. This will be my last and I've always wanted a rottie.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah my son and his wife are giving their cat (that I captured when 4 weeks old feral) to a friend. Since their dog died, it howls constantly and wakes the new baby up. :(
The puppy I'm getting is a male and I have to wait 2 years to have him neutered. omg! It's because they are big boned and need the hormones for proper growth and not getting hip dysplasia. I pick him up Saturday. I'm sure my family will give me hell for not adopting another dog. But that's all I've done is take in pets people couldn't keep. This will be my last and I've always wanted a rottie.

Rottys are beautiful pups. Never wanted one for myself but always loved the way they looked.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's and of course GFY :p

Been searching high and low for some decent grilling sauce/mop recipes. Buddy of mine at work had a great homemade sauce and he gave me a few bottles of it in the past but never would give me the recipe. Always said he was swore to secrecy so now that I havent seen the guy in a couple years and I have a taste for some good grillin might as well do some research and experimenting until I find what I am looking for. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon fugee's and of course GFY :p

Been searching high and low for some decent grilling sauce/mop recipes. Buddy of mine at work had a great homemade sauce and he gave me a few bottles of it in the past but never would give me the recipe. Always said he was swore to secrecy so now that I havent seen the guy in a couple years and I have a taste for some good grillin might as well do some research and experimenting until I find what I am looking for. :)

Salad Supreme. Not kidding AT ALL; the only way my husband will LET me make pork chops is with Salad Supreme; cover tightly, cook slowly (2-2.5 hrs) at 325F. The meat will fall right off the bone, and is the best taste you will ever have, no shit. When I'm cooking them, everyone comes and hangs out in the kitchen, sniffing the whole time, going "so when's it gonna be ready?" :giggle:

Also, for pork roasts, I used to baste them with beer, then use the pan drippings mixed with sour creme as the gravy -- fanfuckingtastic... but I'm afraid to bring even one real beer into the house and open it, because I fucking love that smell, I might not be able to hold myself back. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just looking for a good butt rub?

Always :teehee:

Salad Supreme. Not kidding AT ALL; the only way my husband will LET me make pork chops is with Salad Supreme; cover tightly, cook slowly (2-2.5 hrs) at 325F. The meat will fall right off the bone, and is the best taste you will ever have, no shit. When I'm cooking them, everyone comes and hangs out in the kitchen, sniffing the whole time, going "so when's it gonna be ready?" :giggle:

Also, for pork roasts, I used to baste them with beer, then use the pan drippings mixed with sour creme as the gravy -- fanfuckingtastic... but I'm afraid to bring even one real beer into the house and open it, because I fucking love that smell, I might not be able to hold myself back. :D

Andria

I will have to give salad supreme a try.

Mixed up a sauce I seen on line earlier today with a few slight changes :p Called for a cup of ketchup but i used a can of tomato sauce instead. Added cider vinegar, some brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, stuff like that. Put in a pot and simmer for ten minutes and let cool. Then I mixed up some mop sauce. More vinegar and seasonings. Mixed it up in a jar and shook the hell out of it and its ready. In a couple hours gonna fire the grill up and start cookin :) Will grill under a low fire using the mop sauce and maybe 10 mins before its done use the grillin sauce I cooked up. Should be good.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always :teehee:

I will have to give salad supreme a try.

Mixed up a sauce I seen on line earlier today with a few slight changes :p Called for a cup of ketchup but i used a can of tomato sauce instead. Added cider vinegar, some brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, stuff like that. Put in a pot and simmer for ten minutes and let cool. Then I mixed up some mop sauce. More vinegar and seasonings. Mixed it up in a jar and shook the hell out of it and its ready. In a couple hours gonna fire the grill up and start cookin :) Will grill under a low fire using the mop sauce and maybe 10 mins before its done use the grillin sauce I cooked up. Should be good.
What is the steep time on sauce?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's :)

Ever noticed how a day could be going great and then in an instant turn to shit? Was out cutting grass and had a ton done. Place was looking good and I was cutting just a lil area and then was done for the day when the frickin yellow jackets got me. Both feet stung 3 to 4 times each and got me by the knee once. One of those lil bitches was stuck to the side of my foot with his stinger. lil bastard is dead now but damn, feet still burning like hell.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Ever noticed how a day could be going great and then in an instant turn to shit? Was out cutting grass and had a ton done. Place was looking good and I was cutting just a lil area and then was done for the day when the frickin yellow jackets got me. Both feet stung 3 to 4 times each and got me by the knee once. One of those lil bitches was stuck to the side of my foot with his stinger. lil bastard is dead now but damn, feet still burning like hell.
OMG that's terrible! Make a baking soda paste.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That IS terrible, but imagine how much worse it could be if you were out doing yardwork, commando under loose-legged shorts.... Yeah, that happened to my husband about 10 yrs ago. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG that's terrible! Make a baking soda paste.
That IS terrible, but imagine how much worse it could be if you were out doing yardwork, commando under loose-legged shorts.... Yeah, that happened to my husband about 10 yrs ago. :D

Andria

They got the top and side of my feet 3 to 4 times each foot and my left calf. Put a meat tenderizer salve on one foot and toothpaste on the other. The toothpaste side felt a bit better so washed the other foot and put toothpaste on it too but damn, six hours later and still lots of pain. Never really swelled but they are very hot. The odd part is I can not see a single area with a hole in it. The real bad part is I can barely walk and having to take Rascal out to do his puppy business is agony. Called the ex thinking she can take Rascal for the afternoon and I can get him in the morning but nope, thats out of the question. She was helping a friend today and weed eating a ditch when she ran into yellow jackets and the got her leg pretty good. One of her knee's really swelled. Sucks all the way around :(

Kiss it make it better?

I know we are friendly and all Bob but no. :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They got the top and side of my feet 3 to 4 times each foot and my left calf. Put a meat tenderizer salve on one foot and toothpaste on the other. The toothpaste side felt a bit better so washed the other foot and put toothpaste on it too but damn, six hours later and still lots of pain. Never really swelled but they are very hot. The odd part is I can not see a single area with a hole in it. The real bad part is I can barely walk and having to take Rascal out to do his puppy business is agony. Called the ex thinking she can take Rascal for the afternoon and I can get him in the morning but nope, thats out of the question. She was helping a friend today and weed eating a ditch when she ran into yellow jackets and the got her leg pretty good. One of her knee's really swelled. Sucks all the way around :(

I know we are friendly and all Bob but no. :giggle:
LOL
I was referring to the husband that got them up the shorts leg....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, you didn't try baking soda, or oatmeal. Either is great for taking away the sting. I got stung by a black wasp on my eyelid once; shoulda seen me slapping myself silly with baking soda! Then wetting it... I think I looked like reverse Al Jolson. :giggle: Got a yellowjacket sting almost on my butt once; riding in the back of a pickup truck, sat down on the raised wheel-well wearing short-shorts... the yellowjacket that was there wasn't too happy about that, and then neither was I. My grandmother got it with wet oatmeal, fixed it right up.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

First off, someone cut Atchaffy off the coffee! She is bouncing off the walls :giggle:

Lots better today. Still sore, those lil shits got me good but am a lot better. Midnight last night it was still bothering me pretty badly but I vaped some herbal stuff and just didnt care :teehee:

Did a bunch of running around today. Had to go to the airport and get some fresh pictures of my plane because I am selling it. No way in hell I will ever get my medical back so might as well get rid of the plane :( And found a great deal on some fresh ribs. .99/lb, oh hell yeah :p Already put rub on them and tomorrow probably will put them on the smoker. When I got home heard this god awful howling from the house. A lil boy was scared and when I opened the door he was grinning like a fool. I love the way he grins and shows all his pearly whites when he is so happy. He just cant help himself. :inlove:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

First off, someone cut Atchaffy off the coffee! She is bouncing off the walls :giggle:

Lots better today. Still sore, those lil shits got me good but am a lot better. Midnight last night it was still bothering me pretty badly but I vaped some herbal stuff and just didnt care :teehee:

Did a bunch of running around today. Had to go to the airport and get some fresh pictures of my plane because I am selling it. No way in hell I will ever get my medical back so might as well get rid of the plane :( And found a great deal on some fresh ribs. .99/lb, oh hell yeah :p Already put rub on them and tomorrow probably will put them on the smoker. When I got home heard this god awful howling from the house. A lil boy was scared and when I opened the door he was grinning like a fool. I love the way he grins and shows all his pearly whites when he is so happy. He just cant help himself. :inlove:
Coffee is worn off now........................blah. lol
Sorry about the plane. :(

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Coffee is worn off now........................blah. lol
Sorry about the plane. :(

Its ok, im not totally out of the aviation life yet :p I have plans on building a lil plane. The FAA wont let me fly as a private pilot anymore but the light sport aviation arena is still available to me. There is a plane called an affordaplane that I been following for the last 5 to 7 years. Real simple design amd easily made. As long as the weight comes in under 254 lbs, dont need a license or medical to fly it. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Its ok, im not totally out of the aviation life yet :p I have plans on building a lil plane. The FAA wont let me fly as a private pilot anymore but the light sport aviation arena is still available to me. There is a plane called an affordaplane that I been following for the last 5 to 7 years. Real simple design amd easily made. As long as the weight comes in under 254 lbs, dont need a license or medical to fly it. :)

Very cool. When I was a little tyke, my real father (before my parents divorced) was a programmer for Delta airlines... so we got to make a trip to Puerto Rico, for free... and my mom, at the time worked for Hilton.. so we got a nice room, also free... all we paid for was meals. I was 3 at the time, and that started my lifelong love affair with planes. You know how most little girls, when they ride past a pasture, it's all "Horsie! Horsie!" With me, anytime we got near any airport, I was all "airplane! airplane!" The Gwinnett county airfield expanded some years back to accommodate jets... so now when we drive past it, I'm practically hanging out of the car to see the planes taking off/landing. :D I must have been one of the Wright Bros in my past life. :D Just FUCKING LOVE airplanes. That scream over drone sound that jets make, MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Very cool. When I was a little tyke, my real father (before my parents divorced) was a programmer for Delta airlines... so we got to make a trip to Puerto Rico, for free... and my mom, at the time worked for Hilton.. so we got a nice room, also free... all we paid for was meals. I was 3 at the time, and that started my lifelong love affair with planes. You know how most little girls, when they ride past a pasture, it's all "Horsie! Horsie!" With me, anytime we got near any airport, I was all "airplane! airplane!" The Gwinnett county airfield expanded some years back to accommodate jets... so now when we drive past it, I'm practically hanging out of the car to see the planes taking off/landing. :D I must have been one of the Wright Bros in my past life. :D Just FUCKING LOVE airplanes. That scream over drone sound that jets make, MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

I was the same way Andria. As a kid I loved airplanes. Yet thats not what drove my career choices. It was a fluke that I went to aircraft mechanics school. Was talking with a guy who was a mechanic and another guy in aviation when I was getting out of high school. Just peeps I knew from my dads campground. And then my dad pissed me off and I enrolled into aircraft mechanics school. Same thing with working on helicopters. It was a fluke. When I got out of mechanics school and had my FAA certification I sent out over 50 resumes. Only one place replied and they was helicopters only. I wanted airlines like everyone else but I am glad things ended up the way they did because I had an awesome career.

I just wished I knew how ridiculously easy flying was back then. I probably would of became at least a private pilot back then and I had every opportunity for it and just never realized until much later in life. Flying is so easy that anyone here could become a private pilot if they wanted to.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was the same way Andria. As a kid I loved airplanes. Yet thats not what drove my career choices. It was a fluke that I went to aircraft mechanics school. Was talking with a guy who was a mechanic and another guy in aviation when I was getting out of high school. Just peeps I knew from my dads campground. And then my dad pissed me off and I enrolled into aircraft mechanics school. Same thing with working on helicopters. It was a fluke. When I got out of mechanics school and had my FAA certification I sent out over 50 resumes. Only one place replied and they was helicopters only. I wanted airlines like everyone else but I am glad things ended up the way they did because I had an awesome career.

I just wished I knew how ridiculously easy flying was back then. I probably would of became at least a private pilot back then and I had every opportunity for it and just never realized until much later in life. Flying is so easy that anyone here could become a private pilot if they wanted to.

You know I've mentioned my difficulties with drug/alcohol addiction... but I gotta say, of all the sensations I've ever savored in any way, nothing beats that sensation of *lift* when those noisy wheels suddenly silence, and it feels like the hand of god just scooped you right up off the ground, and up, and up... I could never have actually lived my dreams of flight, my vision is too poor and I'm very prone to vertigo (pretty sure that "vomit comet" plane would be exactly that, for me), but I hope in my next life I can be someone who actually leaves the planet, maybe even the solar system.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know I've mentioned my difficulties with drug/alcohol addiction... but I gotta say, of all the sensations I've ever savored in any way, nothing beats that sensation of *lift* when those noisy wheels suddenly silence, and it feels like the hand of god just scooped you right up off the ground, and up, and up... I could never have actually lived my dreams of flight, my vision is too poor and I'm very prone to vertigo (pretty sure that "vomit comet" plane would be exactly that, for me), but I hope in my next life I can be someone who actually leaves the planet, maybe even the solar system.

Andria

With vertigo, yeah, piloting wouldnt be for you. They test you for it during the physicals.

I loved all parts of flying. Taking off, doing maneuvers, plotting and flying a course and landing. Its all fun. Landings was always the most fun for me. I loved to come in and I would never feel the main wheels touch down on my plane. Didnt even know I was on the runway until the front wheel settled down :) Other planes like a little cessna I would always bounce it a little on the landing but not in my plane. It was so smooth that I just loved to land in it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With vertigo, yeah, piloting wouldnt be for you. They test you for it during the physicals.

I loved all parts of flying. Taking off, doing maneuvers, plotting and flying a course and landing. Its all fun. Landings was always the most fun for me. I loved to come in and I would never feel the main wheels touch down on my plane. Didnt even know I was on the runway until the front wheel settled down :) Other planes like a little cessna I would always bounce it a little on the landing but not in my plane. It was so smooth that I just loved to land in it.

Vertigo truly is the weirdest thing. I'm not scared of heights at all; I love to see the view from tall bldgs, Stone Mountain, cable cars, etc... but when I'm up high, if I look *up*, I feel like I'm spinning around... and the sensation of "dropping" (fast elevators, asinine amusement park rides, etc) just puts me on the floor. Right after I quit drinking, for about a year or two, I couldn't sleep in a completely dark room, nor on a waterbed (which we had, at the time), or I felt like i was just falling aimlessly and endlessly thru space. Fortunately that particular manifestation didn't last too long; I chalk it up to healing in my brain, from alcohol recovery.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great!!! If there is anyone that can do it it's You!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vertigo truly is the weirdest thing. I'm not scared of heights at all; I love to see the view from tall bldgs, Stone Mountain, cable cars, etc... but when I'm up high, if I look *up*, I feel like I'm spinning around... and the sensation of "dropping" (fast elevators, asinine amusement park rides, etc) just puts me on the floor. Right after I quit drinking, for about a year or two, I couldn't sleep in a completely dark room, nor on a waterbed (which we had, at the time), or I felt like i was just falling aimlessly and endlessly thru space. Fortunately that particular manifestation didn't last too long; I chalk it up to healing in my brain, from alcohol recovery.

Andria
I took a few flying lessons when I was young. Even landed. As long as I was piloting I didn't get sick. Just like driving. Now I'm afraid to fly. In those huge planes. I guess it's a control thing. Lol

VU Sponsors